Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are Sith inquisitors or Warriors more powerful?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Are Sith inquisitors or Warriors more powerful?

OcTwenty
07.06.2013 , 06:55 AM | #1
Yea random question is random but im curious how this goes.
There are three types of people in this world, ones that can count and ones that can't.

Skodan
07.06.2013 , 07:58 AM | #2
more powerful in what way?
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

Helig
07.06.2013 , 09:48 AM | #3
The Warrior is the Emperor's Wrath, handpicked by the Dark Lord of the Sith himself. The Wrath *is* the most powerful, most dangerous Sith in the Empire, second only to the Emperor himself.

Inquisitors, however, demonstrate an uncanny ability to overcome their limitations in power by using... supplements during their storyline.

So there. The Warrior can obliterate everything in his sight. The Inquisitor, however, has all the chances of being victorious, if he comes prepared.

As far as politics/social structure is concerned, Warrior, hands down. The Dark Council fears him for good reason, he is not tied by Sith politics. One word from the "Mighty Wrath" does more than a Council member pulling their strings. Everyone is scared sh**less of him, and it would take titanic effort to make a move against him that will not fail miserably. The Wrath, however, can execute anyone he wants, when he wants, where he wants, and he would not be held accountable. The Emperor, while currently in no condition to rule, will likely bounce back from oblivion. Then heads will roll, and the Wrath will be the executioner.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Acidwire
07.06.2013 , 11:41 AM | #4
Considering how the Inquisitor has a nasty habit of getting killed and Forcewalking it off, my money is on the Inquisitor.
.:SQUADRON 11.11.11:.
The Worldbreakers

shortchick
07.06.2013 , 11:50 AM | #5
I've personally always had this scene going in my head where the Wrath is going Wile E. Coyote on the Inquisitor just trying to kill them, and the Inq keeps standing up and dusting themselves off, and sighing, "How many times do I have to tell you, I don't seem to be able to die?"

Helig
07.06.2013 , 12:18 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by shortchick View Post
I've personally always had this scene going in my head where the Wrath is going Wile E. Coyote on the Inquisitor just trying to kill them, and the Inq keeps standing up and dusting themselves off, and sighing, "How many times do I have to tell you, I don't seem to be able to die?"
Beheading and burning the corpse to cinders might do the trick. Then the Inquisitor will be stuck in the Netherworld with a lot of unhappy spirits that he had previously bound.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Axe_Faktor
07.06.2013 , 01:21 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Acidwire View Post
Considering how the Inquisitor has a nasty habit of getting killed and Forcewalking it off, my money is on the Inquisitor.
^
I'd argue that just because you can't die doesn't mean you can't be defeated.

I think in terms of the class stories, the warrior comes off as the more powerful individual. But the OP asked about inquisitorS and warriorS. With that in mind, I tend to think of inquisitors as far more powerful than warriors. Politically and in terms of raw prowess with the force, I'd bet on an inquisitor over a warrior most of the time. There are exceptions, sure. The Wrath, Darth Marr, Darth Malgus. Clearly hugely powerful warriors, and in no small part because of the influence they hold. But if you look at who pulls most of the strings, and who does most of the whacked out super duper dark side stuff, inquisitors take the cake, imo.
The Dredd Legacy - POT5: Axelson - Vanguard, Tyrax - Juggernaut, Despetycus - Assassin , Soleno - Sentinel, Half-squat - Scoundrel

Helig
07.06.2013 , 01:49 PM | #8
Warriors don't need "whacky Dark Side stuff". They just need the Force to get to their victim and to shove a lightsaber through their heart.

As far as influence goes, Marr, Malgus and the Wrath aren't the only influential Warriors. During both, planetary questlines, Warrior and Inquisitor-archetype NPCs, both hold relatively similar amounts of authority. The greater half of the Dark Council are Warriors - as seen during the Republic Corellia questline. So I wouldn't chalk up superior influence and authority solely to the Inquisitors.

Darth_Wicked
07.06.2013 , 03:55 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
Warriors don't need "whacky Dark Side stuff". They just need the Force to get to their victim and to shove a lightsaber through their heart.

As far as influence goes, Marr, Malgus and the Wrath aren't the only influential Warriors. During both, planetary questlines, Warrior and Inquisitor-archetype NPCs, both hold relatively similar amounts of authority. The greater half of the Dark Council are Warriors - as seen during the Republic Corellia questline. So I wouldn't chalk up superior influence and authority solely to the Inquisitors.
You do realize that the game rules concerning classes only apply to the players themselves and to NPC's, it has no bearing whatsoever, right? Takes Baras' for instance...

Spoiler

Unless of course, you really want to be silly and assume this all suggests that class respec will be a reality further down the road.
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link )
Quote: Originally Posted by Revan and Meetra Surik
She was a great Jedi. My most trusted ally. History remembers her as the Exile. To me, she was... more.

JLazarillo
07.06.2013 , 03:56 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
As far as politics/social structure is concerned, Warrior, hands down. The Dark Council fears him for good reason, he is not tied by Sith politics. One word from the "Mighty Wrath" does more than a Council member pulling their strings. Everyone is scared sh**less of him
I don't think "fear" is quite the right description. If the Warrior attempts to throw his weight around at the end of his story, the response of the Council is more to just sort of blow him off. They have no power over him, certainly, but the Warrior himself holds no real political power or influence either, aside from being allowed to pretty much kill who he pleases, and even that, if he overextends himself, is likely to land him in trouble. Kill an unruly Darth here and there, sure, but if the Council members start notice they're being systematically rubbed out...yeah, that's not going to go over well.

When/if the Emperor returns, the dynamic changes, but even then he wields little of his own influence. Without the Emperor, the Wrath is pretty much free to do what he pleases, but only has the name for protection from the machinations of others. With the Emperor, no one will oppose the Wrath's actions, but his freedom to act is considerably more limited.

Basically, the Inquisitor holds political influence, but also responsibility to the system, while the Wrath is simply outside the system. He cannot bind, but he cannot be bound.