Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Here's the problem with making Treek available through the Cartel Market...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Here's the problem with making Treek available through the Cartel Market...

branmakmuffin
07.06.2013 , 11:42 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Machine-Elf View Post
I guess my overriding criticism of, not just Treek, but the Cartel Market in general, is that it's beginning to feel like cheating.
Then don't do it. You don't define cheating in TOR, BWEA does.

Machine-Elf
07.06.2013 , 11:47 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
Then don't do it. You don't define cheating in TOR, BWEA does.
That's just it, I've lost any compulsion to do so. And trust me, I used to be King of the Impulse Buyers...

Phrase
07.06.2013 , 12:03 PM | #23
For profit company seeks to sell product for profit! Film at 11!

Sixgun
Wildstar

Machine-Elf
07.06.2013 , 12:22 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Phrase View Post
For profit company seeks to sell product for profit! Film at 11!
Didn't read the thread, right?

SkunkWerks
07.06.2013 , 12:38 PM | #25
It's boring. There's virtually zero sense of achievement to be gained from a Cartel Market purchase.
There's virtually zero sense of achievement to be gained in anything you refuse to ascribe it to, no.

Machine-Elf
07.06.2013 , 12:49 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by SkunkWerks View Post
There's virtually zero sense of achievement to be gained in anything you refuse to ascribe it to, no.
Huh?

SkunkWerks
07.06.2013 , 12:52 PM | #27
Huh?
A "sense of achievement" is a subjective concept not everyone answering this thread shares, clearly.

Case in point: if I wanted a sense of achievement, I'd be building a house for impoverished people in a third world country and not playing a video game.

Jovi-Scarlet
07.06.2013 , 12:54 PM | #28
Okay, so...do it your way. And other people will do it their way. Problem solved.
The Scarlet Legacy | Harbinger
Suleika : Jedi Sentinel [41] Biscah : Gunslinger [37]
Candeloro : Sith Marauder [37] Sїntas : Mercenary [37]

DarthTHC
07.06.2013 , 01:01 PM | #29
It's boring. There's virtually zero sense of achievement to be gained from a Cartel Market purchase. Personally, I'll be grinding my way to Legacy Level 40 (I'm a meager 10) and one million credits requirement, not because I don't have the disposable income to buy her, but simply because it's more FUN!

I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in this sentiment. And if other impulse buyers (which I have no qualms in admitting to being) like me are starting to think along the same lines, then BioWare should be exceedingly worried.

I guess my overriding criticism of -- not just Treek, but the Cartel Market in general -- is that it's beginning to feel like cheating. It's as if the more achievement-based free-to-play model (unlock ____ item for ____ amount after reaching Legacy Level _____) is the correct way of playing the game, and the subscription model a cheap Game Genie alternative.
You just said using CM was boring and then 2 sentences later said you were going to grind LL 40 and 1M credits because... wait for it... GRINDING IS FUN!

Really? When did grinding become fun? Mind numbing, sure, and I guess if your mind needs numbing that could be beneficial. But FUN? More fun than sticking hot needles in one's eyes, but significantly less fun than anything else you can do in the game.

How about looking at it differently? This offers people a choice. Those who aren't LL 40 or don't have 1M credits can use CC's. Those who have LL 40 and 1M credits don't need to use CC's. Different approaches for different play styles. Win-win.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Reno_Tarshil
07.06.2013 , 01:18 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
You just said using CM was boring and then 2 sentences later said you were going to grind LL 40 and 1M credits because... wait for it... GRINDING IS FUN!

Really? When did grinding become fun? Mind numbing, sure, and I guess if your mind needs numbing that could be beneficial. But FUN? More fun than sticking hot needles in one's eyes, but significantly less fun than anything else you can do in the game.

How about looking at it differently? This offers people a choice. Those who aren't LL 40 or don't have 1M credits can use CC's. Those who have LL 40 and 1M credits don't need to use CC's. Different approaches for different play styles. Win-win.
This is the problem most people have understanding about this whole ordeal.