Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Scum & Villainy (NiM) 8-Man Progression Tracking

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Scum & Villainy (NiM) 8-Man Progression Tracking

Ansalem
07.06.2013 , 08:10 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
Except it wasn't mathematically impossible. At least 3 guilds cleared NiM DG in under 5 days.

Yogg-Saron "Alone in the Darkness" took about 40 days.
25 man Heroic LK took weeks as well.

I think DiLiH said they needed 150-160 attempts to clear NiM DG. While the 2nd boss in a 5 man Operation being that much more challenging than the other bosses was probably unintended (hence the 30 second enrage nerf) it was hardly impossible to beat pre-nerf.
If you look through the thread on it you will notice that it was someone else that labeled it mathmatically impossible. I have always referred to it as overtuned. Our video of it was originally labeled impossible but them changed to improbable. Also the original statement was referring not only to the encounter but the enrage timer which proved to be true as no guild (though 1 came very close) was able to defeat the encounter without seeing an enrage until they fixed the enrage timer. Most guilds invested 150-200 wipes to get it down before the change. Ours did not have the luxury or time to invest that many wipes but we did spend a good 4 hours on the fight before skipping. Impossible? no...improbable before the fix? yes.
Also I went back and checked. Only 2 guilds downed it in the first week.

Ansalem
07.06.2013 , 08:12 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by JDotter View Post
Says different. I don't have a horse in this race I don't care. I watched all your attempts on DG and none were flawless nor anything close to the above quotes. Just the "impossible" irked people wrong and the trolling/arrogance members of DnT displayed after.

I'm going to stop posting this thread is already getting derailed anyhow like I mentioned before skip or no skip for S&V bosses best of luck to all.
as you can see in the quote you used he referenced the enrage timer was the impossible part and that was true. None of the guilds that beat it pre nerf beat the enrage timer. That is not trolling or arrogance that is a fact. As I said before people are using their own interpretations and imaginations and applying it.

Grimsblood
07.06.2013 , 11:19 AM | #23
Spoiler

Even though I come from a 16 man guild, I would like to drop my two cents here.

Let's assume that we tracked SM progression. Let's also assume that SM was not easy. Would we be able to skip bosses there? Nope. I think HM and NiM share a lockout because they dropped the same gear back in the day. Now they do not, but I do not think Bioware has thought to change that. As a result a situation has arisen. I think a progression model that favors competition should be used. You must kill the previous boss to get credit on the current boss. This does allow you to skip and see the content or get gear. It does not allow you to get credit for cutting corners.
DPS is science. Healing is art. Tanking is strategy.
Hippolytà - Level 50 Sentinel - Grimsblood - Level 55 Sage
Saphyria - Level 55 Sniper - Fenrîr - Level 55 Gunslinger

Ansalem
07.06.2013 , 12:30 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Grimsblood View Post
Spoiler

Even though I come from a 16 man guild, I would like to drop my two cents here.

Let's assume that we tracked SM progression. Let's also assume that SM was not easy. Would we be able to skip bosses there? Nope. I think HM and NiM share a lockout because they dropped the same gear back in the day. Now they do not, but I do not think Bioware has thought to change that. As a result a situation has arisen. I think a progression model that favors competition should be used. You must kill the previous boss to get credit on the current boss. This does allow you to skip and see the content or get gear. It does not allow you to get credit for cutting corners.
Yeah you have to take the quotes from that thread with a grain of salt since they are spread out throughout the thread. I know when I talked about the fight I was referencing the enrage timer as I think the rest of the fight is perfect. As for soa you are comparing apples to oranges. The DG fight was never cleared pre change without someone hitting the enrage whereas soa was cleared by folks without ever experiencing the enrage.
As for the hm/nightmare differences only BW knows and they still remain silent on the whole issue.

RikuvonDrake
07.06.2013 , 02:53 PM | #25
Why this need to defend yourself, if you are so sure that you guys are so amazing just leave the trolls, or do you in reality agree with them and in your heart know that you wasn't really worldfirst?

Edit: And for your knowledge, the issue with Soa wasn't the enrage timer, it was the bugs.
Deposer of The Dread Masters - Gate Crasher - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Not Good Enough | Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rebel Dream | Riku
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Ansalem
07.06.2013 , 03:39 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
Why this need to defend yourself, if you are so sure that you guys are so amazing just leave the trolls, or do you in reality agree with them and in your heart know that you wasn't really worldfirst?

Edit: And for your knowledge, the issue with Soa wasn't the enrage timer, it was the bugs.
its more to clear the air than to defend. When someone misinterprets something its better to clear it up.

Grimsblood
07.06.2013 , 04:13 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
Yeah you have to take the quotes from that thread with a grain of salt since they are spread out throughout the thread. I know when I talked about the fight I was referencing the enrage timer as I think the rest of the fight is perfect. As for soa you are comparing apples to oranges. The DG fight was never cleared pre change without someone hitting the enrage whereas soa was cleared by folks without ever experiencing the enrage.
As for the hm/nightmare differences only BW knows and they still remain silent on the whole issue.
Spoiler
DPS is science. Healing is art. Tanking is strategy.
Hippolytà - Level 50 Sentinel - Grimsblood - Level 55 Sage
Saphyria - Level 55 Sniper - Fenrîr - Level 55 Gunslinger

AshlaBoga
07.07.2013 , 03:51 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
Ugh, don't remind me about "Soa, the Invisible Lord of the Invisible Lightning Balls."
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Iggyemu
07.07.2013 , 12:19 PM | #29
The discussion is once again centered around the skipping of bosses.

I think as progression guilds we should do the bosses linearly as Bioware intended. So as such we will remove the ability to skip bosses from our tool. I continue to stress that what we are doing is only official for the guilds that participate. So as such we can write the rules and between the feedback in this thread and the TFB one the vast majority of individuals are against skipping bosses that are overly challenging or seem impossible at the time. So achieving a World First on our tool will require a linear clear of all bosses in Nightmare mode.
SuckaFish on The Bastion (Empire)
Tigg: Sorcerer (Corruption)
Officer/Raid Leader

http://suckafish.enjin.com/

Iggyemu
07.07.2013 , 06:03 PM | #30
The OP has been updated to reflect the removal of the feature allowing guilds to skip bosses. Please reread the section detailing the changes.
SuckaFish on The Bastion (Empire)
Tigg: Sorcerer (Corruption)
Officer/Raid Leader

http://suckafish.enjin.com/