Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

RenegadeRukus
07.05.2013 , 03:55 PM | #471
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
I always say 'I cc blaster' - more on cc.

RenegadeRukus: ah, should say it was for PVP, then I get it, ofcourse. for threat with uber low mainstat, I guess compared to low level dps, it should be enouth in 95% cases.
yup, only had my healer die once with her. Mainly because in VS she ran around the wall without me, mind you we were in mumble so it was an easy "to the other side, nao"

I only had threat issues on my main, Zeva once... Mainly because of Enraged Defense, and not knowing what it did. So at under 20% health I would selectively proc defensive buffs, well ed was my last resort after all others proc'd and on cd... Well needless to say the healer of that group had a juggertank and saw what I was proccing and explained it to me after about 3/4ths of hammer

so, now to contribute a story. This was a little bit ago on my Sniper. Which is funny playing dps after nothing but tanks so you can really see the bad tanks... Like REALLY bad tanks.
"Tank": 21 pt
Dps: 18 sniper (more hp than tank) 19 Juggernaut (in tank and dps gear)
Healer: 17 operative

So I judge a team by the 3rd mob of hammer, cc one Droid the dps jugger breaks it, re-cc pt breaks it, re-cc after telling them to finish the others first. Breaks it... Pt dies, jugg dies, I tank the last 4 droids and snipe/ambush them all with cover heals and op heals. On the way back the pt and juggernaut decide to duo the mob at the other end of the starting area and just as me and the healer with low hp JUST got there so I have to tank them, so I cc the big Droid while I go to work on the trash, weeell remember that pt? Guess who broke cc? That's right... The pt. Well after that I try to explain Cc'ing but only the healer and half tank jugger listen while the pt just says "ok... Can we go now?" zoom ahead a little. I salvage the shortcut to the boss, me and healer continue to the boss... Pt and jugger meanwhile had their own plan of fighting their way to the boss, so op and I run after them, this time we made it. All while the pt is raging about how we were slacking off, so we told him about the shortcut and told him to scroll up and see where the op said "yay shortcut". So during the first boss, I managed to tank about 60% of the time. I had to slow down to using mainly my basic atk, so I ask the pt if he is using taunt, "uh... Duh!! I'm the tank!" to which I replied "oh, is that why target of target has my name, and I've had to use just a basic atk hoping that you would regain threat for about a min now?" ...prepare to facepalm... He said "why aren't you doing your job and killing this guy? You're just spamming a useless attack! Maybe if you actually used your attacks I would be able to tank him!! No wonder this is taking forever!!!" then the healer interjected with "if you're the best tank in the world, then why am I healing the only other person without any type of tanking gear?!"

vote kicks wen out for pt, taught the half tank juggernaut how to tank, ran the rest of it with no hitches.. And didn't even need to replace.

Narien
07.05.2013 , 08:10 PM | #472
Time to contribute a few anecdotes of hilarity...

Story mode Taral V. Got paired with a Guardian Tank who clearly had no idea what he was doing. No taunts, pretty much only used Slash and Sundering Strike, but had a very regular habit of running out to use Force Leap every time it was on CD. You could set your watch by it.

Fortunately I (Vigilance Guardian) was overgeared enough, and the Scoundrel healing us was more than capable, so we powered through it. Cut to the end boss, and the Strength saber drops. It being an actual upgrade for me (mods-wise at least), I needed and won. The tank threw a tantrum about how I "stole it from him" then decided he was going to sit just outside the conversation circle in protest.

We asked him to step inside. He refused. We shrugged, vote-kicked and went on our way. Apparently he then went on to keep ranting in Zone chat in the fleet about my saber stealing. I gave it no thought, and kept going.

Fast forward a day, Cademimu. I get paired with the same Tank and same DPS (was a Vanguard if memory serves). Tank starts ranting again. I reply with something along the lines of "you needed, I needed. The RNG favored me. Sometimes that happens". That seemed to silence him, and off we went.

Again, he had no idea what he was doing, and continued to do his little Force Leap dance while not succeeding in really holding threat on anything. Cut to the platform section prior to the Wookiee boss. Tank does his run out to set himself up for a Force Leap on the last mob in a pull...

Cue the Force Push, and over the edge goes the Guardian to his death. Vanguard loses it and starts laughing in group chat, Guardian pouts and quits the group. I swap to Soresu, we finish without any undue fuss.

I don't think I've taken that much pleasure in someone else's failing in a long, long time.

AlrikFassbauer
07.06.2013 , 03:52 AM | #473
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
anything <50 is a lowbie
Then we have different definitions.

Mine are these :

Lowbie : 1-20

Midbie : 21-40

Highbie : 41-55
“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

ToMyMa
07.06.2013 , 04:47 AM | #474
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
comandoes are not best at pvp? well... maybe, but my merc was the first character I've ever gotten "unbeatable" in a warzone with. so... I don't know... seemed fine to me :P
Pff, I get unbeatable many times, and have got invincible 10+ times. Never gotten close to immortal though
Tanvir
Tanvír
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Warsir
07.06.2013 , 06:30 AM | #475
I was tanking Boarding party the other day with a guildy, and as I was getting ready to start I noticed that one of the dps, a mercenary, was in combat medic cell. So I told the person to switch cells and went along fighting the mobs. The person didnt understand what I meant by cells, so the other dps my guildy was trying to explain it to him. About halfway to the first boss, told my guildy to stop, the person has no clue how to play that class and we continued on in the fp. I didnt care if the person stayed or not as long as he didnt wipe the group. We downed the first boss and guess what the mercenary needed on willpower gear. Well everyone in the group had enough and we kicked him, got dps who knew how to play his class and went a lot smoother.

Darth_Dreselus
07.06.2013 , 09:09 AM | #476
Quote: Originally Posted by Uruare View Post
Love story
Half way through reading that I started wondering if you ended up getting a room. =D

Quote: Originally Posted by ToMyMa View Post
Pff, I get unbeatable many times, and have got invincible 10+ times. Never gotten close to immortal though
Ye since they changed it I have almost never seen it. It used to be handed out like candy.
The Last Centurions Derpyn - Sage / Toughen - Vanguard / Bluffin - Scoundrel / Roughen - Sentinel
Filthy-rich - Juggernaut / Timberwulf - Sniper / Ironwill - Mercenary / Ahuizotl - Assassin

BiS Relics for Healers PvE/PvP

Jeweledleah
07.06.2013 , 11:16 AM | #477
Quote: Originally Posted by ToMyMa View Post
ah, but you are probably actually decent at pvp. me? I'm pretty bad :P if there was a pvp equivalent of this thread, chances are high I would have eventually made it on there . so that's the power of a merc/commando. they allowed someone like me to survive long enough to get unbeatable, where other classes failed.

Seireeni
07.06.2013 , 12:21 PM | #478
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
ah, but you are probably actually decent at pvp. me? I'm pretty bad :P if there was a pvp equivalent of this thread, chances are high I would have eventually made it on there . so that's the power of a merc/commando. they allowed someone like me to survive long enough to get unbeatable, where other classes failed.
I have dreamed of a pvp equilevant of this thread, but I'm afraid the pvp community would use it to rage about "muppets", as they call them, instead of sharing funny little stories in a fairly friendly way.
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Red Eclipse - 22 characters - The Firslay Legacy

ToMyMa
07.06.2013 , 12:28 PM | #479
Quote: Originally Posted by Seireeni View Post
I have dreamed of a pvp equilevant of this thread, but I'm afraid the pvp community would use it to rage about "muppets", as they call them, instead of sharing funny little stories in a fairly friendly way.
Well... There is the entire PvP forums where everyone qq about noobs...

And to poster above: Yeah, I PvP a lot. And unbeatable can be gotten within a few minutes in huttball (3k hit, 6k hit, solo kill, killing blow, defender medal, attacker medal, 3k heal and 6k heal, so the rest for invincible would be 90k damage, 360k damage, 90k healing, possibly 360k healing, kills and then objectives)
Tanvir
Tanvír
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Tachenko_Yuri
07.06.2013 , 01:41 PM | #480
Gunslinger asking me, another gunslinger, why am I needing on cunning items.