Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bolster PVP gear in ops

schranz
07.05.2013 , 01:44 PM | #1
I would like Bioware to level the playing field as it seems fair to them that people can enter a wz without gearing up and then do more dps then a partly geared PVP-er. I would like to experience some ops without the grind to get PVE gear as i only casually PVE.

It seems logical that if it works one way it should work the other way too, right? So lets say full partisan gets buffed to just under level 72 items with a 5-10% stat difference.

I mean why do we need gear progression anyway? isnt it about teamwork and solving the boss puzzles?

akabane_k
07.05.2013 , 02:10 PM | #2
If you have bad gear in pve, you can do story mode
If you have bad gear in pvp and no bolster, you would get farmed repeatedly.
Bolster is used to even the playing field because is no way to set difficulty in pvp
The playing field does not need to be evened in pve because you can set the difficulty level.

But who am i kidding, you're probably just whining because you can't even kill someone with 1300 expertise.

schranz
07.05.2013 , 02:35 PM | #3
sure insult me to hide your own ignorance, what i mean is that there is no gear progression in pvp. Yet when someone advocates the same in your precious PVE see what reactions i get

You can gear while leveling its quite ez to max up your coms and you even got starter PVP gear pre bolster,.. where is my starter ops gear then. So saying i should do fp's to join OPS but you yourself being either to freaking lazy to do some bolstered pre 55 PVP or to stupid pre 2.0 too keep your free PVP gear is quite ignorant to say the least.

I do want a maxed out hardcore PVP-er to do more dmg then a PVE geared new recruit, probably the same way you would like a 72 level geared DPS to do more dmg then someone covered in greens.

But judging by your first response i am wasting words on a shortsighted infant

akabane_k
07.05.2013 , 02:53 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by schranz View Post
sure insult me to hide your own ignorance, what i mean is that there is no gear progression in pvp. Yet when someone advocates the same in your precious PVE see what reactions i get

You can gear while leveling its quite ez to max up your coms and you even got starter PVP gear pre bolster,.. where is my starter ops gear then. So saying i should do fp's to join OPS but you yourself being either to freaking lazy to do some bolstered pre 55 PVP or to stupid pre 2.0 too keep your free PVP gear is quite ignorant to say the least.

I do want a maxed out hardcore PVP-er to do more dmg then a PVE geared new recruit, probably the same way you would like a 72 level geared DPS to do more dmg then someone covered in greens.

so you actually think pve is near as good as pvp gear in pvp? I do about 10% less dmg and take around 15% more dmg if i use pve gear rather than pvp. But like I said, just because you cannot kill someone does not make their gear better or even the same as yours.
Since there is no gear progression, go buy some cheap greens off the gtn and use them, according to you they are the same as partisan/conqueror. Post your results

theUndead
07.06.2013 , 06:29 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by schranz View Post

Look who is being insulting now. And he is absolutely right. There is no diffculty in PVP and this bolster makes everyone's stats equal. However, in PvE stats are so important that a bolster would simply make everyone equal and that effects things like damage mitigation stats on tanks.

Also believe it or not the harder content requires a certain level of gear otherwise you are just too squishy to absorb the damage, dish out the damage, heal or tank. So before you go on about how it is about teamwork only know that the environment is totally different and a bolster would not work.

By the don't call it precious PvE as the same could be said for your PvP.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)
Referal Link
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
As theUndead mentioned, I can't exactly spell out all of our policies in depth, but that should hopefully cover your concerns.

Anthraxal
07.06.2013 , 06:54 AM | #6
Someone plays a minigame worth about 0.5% of the content and thinks he ought to be spoonfed the remaining 99.5%. Funny.

I give it 1/5, try to find something original by yourself next time.

LordCJK
07.06.2013 , 10:10 AM | #7
Ok, ok, we got it. You think PvP is broken due to bolster. Then why u want to break PvE aswell? If you don't have gear progression, then noone should have it. That's the point?

FlyinSpaghetti
07.06.2013 , 10:28 AM | #8
I could see bioware adding a PvE bolster to the cartel market as some sort of one time use pack...
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

Ansalem
07.06.2013 , 10:33 AM | #9
pve bolster is not necessary as the easy to clear SM versions of the raids drop rank 69 currently...that is the pve equivalent of partisan gear. And SM is free loot.

Digital_Blade
07.06.2013 , 11:04 AM | #10
Love the whining. Get over yourself Mr. Pro PvPer who ONLY does PvP because he's too awesome to do any PvE...

This is only the 400th post about this topic since release and its a petty attempt at trying to prove a point.