Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do you support a Mac OS X client in Star Wars the Old Republic?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Do you support a Mac OS X client in Star Wars the Old Republic?

wtfnoheals
06.20.2013 , 12:55 PM | #841
Quote: Originally Posted by darthhideous View Post
If you own a Mac boot camp it.... And this is coming from a MacBook pro computer with Windows 7 on it. It would be bad business to program a whole new version for the 5% of the population that doesn't have windows on their machine.
Its not for the 5% of players who bootcamp. Its for the unknown number of folks who don't play at all because they don't like windows for whatever reason.

Think of it this way: when they make the xbox version of a game, its not for the x% of playstation owners who also own an xbox. Its for the folks that have an xbox, but aren't playing because its not available. (and they refuse to bootcamp and buy windows)

This game has been bad business from the start. The only thing keeping it alive is the starwars brand, which I guess is enough for me for the time being.

However, this is coming from windows 7 bootcamp on a high end mac workstation, so you see I'm not holding my breath.

JetAten
06.21.2013 , 10:43 AM | #842
Mac is a growing market. Its not nearly as large as Windows is but when you cut out all the corporate Windows users and focus on home use, that divide narrows considerably. Most software companies recognize that and its why the mac software market has been expanding. This isn't a windows vs mac post, I don't know which is better and frankly I don't really care. This is just reality.

Fergz
06.21.2013 , 10:46 AM | #843
I would rather use my macbook then the crappy HP laptop i am using and now with windows 8 being a bust i am hoping to never have to buy another windows machine

ELRunninW
06.21.2013 , 10:48 AM | #844
Absolutely NOT

Anything that takes away from content development is a waste of time and resources.

ELRunninW
06.21.2013 , 10:48 AM | #845
Quote: Originally Posted by Fergz View Post
I would rather use my macbook then the crappy HP laptop i am using and now with windows 8 being a bust i am hoping to never have to buy another windows machine
And yet you are playing the game, how odd....

GhostShaman
06.21.2013 , 11:40 AM | #846
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkGremio View Post
Bootcamp
That or just virtualize windows with VMWare
Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally

Lancrus
06.21.2013 , 12:40 PM | #847
I dont use a mac, I would like to, but I have an alienware aurora r4 so for the moment I wont use a mac, but a client for mac would be nice, more plataforms = more players, and in the future if I jump into a mac I would like to have this game running...

DarthNecromus
06.25.2013 , 09:33 PM | #848
I don't buy that the whole game needs to be rewritten to run on OS X . GuildWars 2 has a Mac client that works perfectly while the game itself is still Windows-based and translated using Wine. BioWare could do the exact same thing with minimal dev time and include those people, who are being discriminated against based purely on their PC of choice. Saying it takes away from development on the Windows side is a cop-out.

alement
07.06.2013 , 08:12 AM | #849
Absolutely support it.

There is a large market of hipster gamers that own a Mac that would certainly give it a shot since its F2P.
Alementy- 55 Assassin, Darkness Spec.
GreenishSage. 55 Sorceror, Corruption spec,

CKNORTH
07.22.2013 , 11:00 AM | #850
/signed

I'm just tired of windows and the constant glitches, even though I prefer Mac OS a lot better because it is like a tank. I really hope they develop a Mac port for this game, and if they do, please make the login an app, Like they have done with KOTOR 1. also any word for the KOTOR 2 for the Mac. I would really like to play all of it to understand TORs Background story Thanks!
Pre-Order Knight of the Republic