Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

are we skipping bosses now?

tabross
07.05.2013 , 03:37 AM | #1
so yesterday i ran a couple of flashpoints and both times we skipped all but two of the bosses. is this a new trend ? and if so how does a new 50 or 55 player get geared?

mrbloodysunday
07.05.2013 , 03:48 AM | #2
Why "now"? Before 2.0 in nearly every 50 HC Fp, all bosses were skipped if possible. But i thought BW had fixed this, so my question would be:

Which FP was it? And which bosses were skipped?
[CENTER]Sunkwon Revolverheld

Atramar
07.05.2013 , 03:56 AM | #3
well, for Battle of Ilum, unless some one really really needs gear, all but last 2 are being skipped. L50 hms drop such a crappy gear, it's not worth it... so you go in, and do it for the comms as fast as possible.

L55 hms you kill everyting including bonus (extra comms) for drops. under 50 flashpoints too, usually, for exp (sometimes skipping bonus if to troublesome)
it's like that since ages ago. (about L50 hms)
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

tahoeWolverine
07.05.2013 , 12:38 PM | #4
Nothing new here. The key to gearing up through PUG groups is to make your needs clear to the group at the very start of the instance. As long as you get the tank on board, the others pretty much have to follow. Battle of Ilum is really just a strange flashpoint...always has been, always will be.
DrGordon - Chosen - Prophecy of the Five

TrooperSev
07.05.2013 , 04:45 PM | #5
The drops for most bosses were just not worth it to many groups. If the rewards don't equal the effort, then why bother? I know the only bonus boss my guild did from lvl 50 hm's was Kaon's before it stopped dropping the head token. And back then you only got tionese crystals from bosses and some blue gear except the last boss.

The lvl 55 hm's are much better in terms of rewards, with the bonus bosses giving black market gear. Bioware has gotten better in that regard and also with their gearing progression.
Dark Helmet - "So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."

RenegadeRukus
07.05.2013 , 07:04 PM | #6
When I'm tanking I try to keep an eye on time spent on bosses for dps output. If I notice the dps output sucks, I'll skip the bonus and let the group know why. If they were holding back and can put out a better rotation or stim up then I'll generally cave in and give it 2 tries. But pugging any role is a gamble, dps is more-so for bonus bosses due to enrage timers.

take cad for example, if the group can't get the patrol bot down by over 50% during the first freeze... There's no way we could beat the enrage timer or get close enough for me to proc defenses and finish it on the bonus.
Hammer is generally about 3-4 lasers and the boss needs to be downed or we need a really good sniper that can hunker at the right time.

JouerTue
07.06.2013 , 04:31 AM | #7
i inspect players and if everyone is geared i skip. if someone needs the loot, i ask to clear normal content before and then get back to do bonus if the drop is for another player

Fornix
07.06.2013 , 07:32 AM | #8
When I tank FP's I basically go by the assumption that the others as well want a quick run, and by that I tend to skip as much as possible. If however they ask if we can kill additional bosses, no harm to me.
Member of <Helix>

Roxas_kun
07.07.2013 , 01:00 AM | #9
Sadly, that's the problem nowadays.

People only want to rush through content.

I however, will go for 100% completion for any FP, SM or HM. Of course for the bonus bosses in HM, if DPS isn't high enough then no bonus boss drop(s).

Asavrede
07.07.2013 , 10:22 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by tabross View Post
so yesterday i ran a couple of flashpoints and both times we skipped all but two of the bosses. is this a new trend ? and if so how does a new 50 or 55 player get geared?
No, it's not a new trend. It was a new trend as soon as people figured out how to do it, which was over a year ago. Skipping bosses is the only humane way to do daily flastpoints.

If you want people to do ALL the content in any given flashpoint, BW needs to make it worth it. As it is it's more important just to complete the mission than what you kill along the way.