Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Scum & Villainy (NiM) 8-Man Progression Tracking

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Scum & Villainy (NiM) 8-Man Progression Tracking

ancksunamur
07.05.2013 , 06:40 PM | #11
The subject is dead as far as the last round of progression, we all know how people feel about it. On Sunday your guild can be represented and bring forth anything it wants to voice. We're not taking multiple members just 1. And will hash everything out then. If people don't want to participate I don't care. If people want to make claims then no big deal. This is to end the BS that people think or want. So lets not restart what went on in 4 different threads.
HMFiC of SuckaFish - Empire (The Bastion)

http://SuckaFish.enjin.com
50 Powertech: Donn

Carlenux
07.05.2013 , 08:26 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by JDotter View Post
I believe people were pissed at you guys not because you skipped but the arrogance you displayed on the forums while skipping. You self proclaimed yourselves the best and used the term "impossible". That is what I believe people were offended by.
what he said ^ wont enter in detail, like he said, that discussion is over, just see how many guilds cleared before nerf... go to your website and read your Swtor headlines, and watch your TFB kill stream, and tell me if that deserve to be called World First above DiLiH, if u think it is, well then grats, but its just not true for swtor community, regardless of how many WoW examples we can find, or how many uninformed people comment on it .

lets be fair, u got to 30% enrage before most guilds even pass P2... you could have just tried like everyone else, and eventually kill for world first, instead of taking the shortcut, just to post a headline in the website .

For the last SF poster, the OP instructions clearly said this "If you have questions but would rather not join us on Vent, post them in this thread as well" like i know i might not be here, and if i am, i have no way to speak in ventrilo, i am posting my idea here, i agree we should not start over the whole DnT discussion, they are just the example for the idea ... i am just saying straight in the forums what i think, most guilds believe, what your own guild member said she wanted to say, and what other guilds probably want to say too but dont want to "start a conflict", i dont care if its DnT, or if it would have been Hoth, suckafish, Loom, whatever guild, just saying what i think its right, skipping its cheating simple. lets not encourage it anymore to avoid this .

Its nothing against DnT, unfortunately they were the ones that did everything, so yeah, of course they are the example, i am sure they will be on top of the list next content do great all that stuff, but unless the rule is set, there will just be another different guild doing the same, creating the same conflict... just trying to avoid that for the good of everyone .

EDIT: basically if you want to keep encouraging skipping, then i suggest you increase linear bonus, i mean, make it 3k something like that, just making sure that anyone that skip wont be anywhere near the top rankings, because they took a shortcut. i would be happy with that i guess .
Hmaull // Carlenx // Carlenix // Pyrotec // Invinc // Hwynn

Ansalem
07.05.2013 , 08:35 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by JDotter View Post
I believe people were pissed at you guys not because you skipped but the arrogance you displayed on the forums while skipping. You self proclaimed yourselves the best and used the term "impossible". That is what I believe people were offended by.
I don't recall any proclamations of being the best. Perhaps people just let their imaginations get the better of them and interpreted things differently? The term impossible was actually used in the video not the post as I recalled. I believe the term the guild actually used was overtuned.

Ansalem
07.05.2013 , 08:42 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Carlenux View Post
what he said ^ wont enter in detail, like he said, that discussion is over, just see how many guilds cleared before nerf... go to your website and read your Swtor headlines, and watch your TFB kill stream, and tell me if that deserve to be called World First above DiLiH, if u think it is, well then grats, but its just not true for swtor community, regardless of how many WoW examples we can find, or how many uninformed people comment on it .

lets be fair, u got to 30% enrage before most guilds even pass P2... you could have just tried like everyone else, and eventually kill for world first, instead of taking the shortcut, just to post a headline in the website .

For the last SF poster, the OP instructions clearly said this "If you have questions but would rather not join us on Vent, post them in this thread as well" like i know i might not be here, and if i am, i have no way to speak in ventrilo, i am posting my idea here, i agree we should not start over the whole DnT discussion, they are just the example for the idea ... i am just saying straight in the forums what i think, most guilds believe, what your own guild member said she wanted to say, and what other guilds probably want to say too but dont want to "start a conflict", i dont care if its DnT, or if it would have been Hoth, suckafish, Loom, whatever guild, just saying what i think its right, skipping its cheating simple. lets not encourage it anymore to avoid this .

Its nothing against DnT, unfortunately they were the ones that did everything, so yeah, of course they are the example, i am sure they will be on top of the list next content do great all that stuff, but unless the rule is set, there will just be another different guild doing the same, creating the same conflict... just trying to avoid that for the good of everyone .

EDIT: basically if you want to keep encouraging skipping, then i suggest you increase linear bonus, i mean, make it 3k something like that, just making sure that anyone that skip wont be anywhere near the top rankings, because they took a shortcut. i would be happy with that i guess .
Simple fact carl...we killed it first its a first. We already know the whole argument about skipping but I find it ironic that in the other thread you admit to skipping the very same boss in a run though its an alt run because you didn't have time on the week. Well guess what same thing!
We knew how much time we had on the week and we used our time efficiently to clear bosses. Its a decision Ill stick by because it was the right decision. We didn't have the luxury of 20-30 hours to throw at the boss like the guilds that got it down. We did however get our kill in about 70 attempts.
Skipping is not cheating it is an accepted method in multiple mmos. If Bioware didnt want the option of skipping they would have changed it by now. At this point you sound like a bitter resentful child that is crying over spilt milk. Get over it and move on.

Icemerlin
07.05.2013 , 11:10 PM | #15
Thank you for creating this system. Seems like good changes to the system for this new era of harder SWTOR end-game content.
Officer of <Republic Gentlemen> Apply Here
/Dread Slayer/
Hurrican'e-Commando Healer/DPS Ty'phoon-Sage Healer/DPS
Tsunam'i-Scoundrel Healer/DPS

Gudarzz
07.06.2013 , 02:13 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
Simple fact carl...we killed it first its a first. We already know the whole argument about skipping but I find it ironic that in the other thread you admit to skipping the very same boss in a run though its an alt run because you didn't have time on the week. Well guess what same thing!
We knew how much time we had on the week and we used our time efficiently to clear bosses. Its a decision Ill stick by because it was the right decision. We didn't have the luxury of 20-30 hours to throw at the boss like the guilds that got it down. We did however get our kill in about 70 attempts.
Skipping is not cheating it is an accepted method in multiple mmos. If Bioware didnt want the option of skipping they would have changed it by now. At this point you sound like a bitter resentful child that is crying over spilt milk. Get over it and move on.
Hello all, Sneaky Snake Gudarzz here...I am not a PVE pro or anything (I am color blind and can't clear op9). However, I would like to comment on this "skipping" thing. In the rated pvp scene, when you beat a team, it generally means you play them the ENTIRE time during a given warzone. You can't say you beat <Don't Panic> in a huttball when you switch the difficulty to 8 man derp pug for 5 points, then switch back to <Don't Panic> difficulty for the 6th. This isn't Super Mario 3 where you can use magic whistles to skip stages. As for that "world first" claim, there should be an asterisk *Dreadguards was mathematically impossible at the time*
Marauder class representative
World first to /gquit <Hey im mvp>

AshlaBoga
07.06.2013 , 02:59 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Gudarzz View Post
As for that "world first" claim, there should be an asterisk *Dreadguards was mathematically impossible at the time*
Except it wasn't mathematically impossible. At least 3 guilds cleared NiM DG in under 5 days.

Yogg-Saron "Alone in the Darkness" took about 40 days.
25 man Heroic LK took weeks as well.

I think DiLiH said they needed 150-160 attempts to clear NiM DG. While the 2nd boss in a 5 man Operation being that much more challenging than the other bosses was probably unintended (hence the 30 second enrage nerf) it was hardly impossible to beat pre-nerf.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

paowee
07.06.2013 , 03:35 AM | #18
Spoiler
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Ansalem
07.06.2013 , 07:57 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
Spoiler
lol I like your moxy:P

JDotter
07.06.2013 , 08:09 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
I don't recall any proclamations of being the best. Perhaps people just let their imaginations get the better of them and interpreted things differently? The term impossible was actually used in the video not the post as I recalled. I believe the term the guild actually used was overtuned.
Quote: Originally Posted by Airwolfe View Post
"ENRAGE TIMER is impossible with our current gear (full Underworld)." - <Death and Taxes>
Enkay - 55 Juggernaut, GM

http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...76&postcount=1

http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...7&postcount=50

http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...7&postcount=56

http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...3&postcount=78
DNT streamer saying "mathematically impossible" who basically trolled everyone who stated otherwise.
Says different. I don't have a horse in this race I don't care. I watched all your attempts on DG and none were flawless nor anything close to the above quotes. Just the "impossible" irked people wrong and the trolling/arrogance members of DnT displayed after.

I'm going to stop posting this thread is already getting derailed anyhow like I mentioned before skip or no skip for S&V bosses best of luck to all.