Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

We Need Clarification

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Superman_AZ
07.05.2013 , 03:53 PM | #1
For the sake of all involved, can you please clarify: Can casuals like myself purchase Treek directly from the Cartel Menu without worrying about my Legacy Level, or, will I have to get to Legacy 40 and then use my Cartel Coins to purchase her? There seems to be a great deal of confusion and animosity which will not go away until we get a straight answer.

Once she is available, can I just purchase Treek from the CM or do I need to level my Legacy first?

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
If you wish to purchase Treek using Cartel Coins there is no Legacy level requirement. The Legacy level requirement is only if you wish to use credits.

Thanks Eric! We appreciate the clarification.
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

Ayelinna
07.05.2013 , 03:54 PM | #2
+1 on this, please clarify It would save me a lot of bullying

Superman_AZ
07.05.2013 , 03:56 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayelinna View Post
+1 on this, please clarify It would save me a lot of bullying

Agreed. I am spending more time defending the fact that I spend hundreds of $$ in the CM and would like to purchase her outright without some Legacy requirement. This will solidify once and for all if I purchase her, or forget about her and stop shopping the CM. I don't have hundreds of hours to throw at the game, but I do have a dollar for every minute I can't spare
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

TheNahash
07.05.2013 , 04:00 PM | #4
The Old Republic Insider - July 2013

Around 3:21
"There's a couple of ways you can get Treek. We're gonna put her in the legacy system, so you'll be able to obtain her if you meet certain legacy level requirements for in-game credits.
Or, if you want to jump in and play with her right away on any of your characters, you can purchase her for cartel coins".

I think it's pretty self-explanatory.
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

Ratajack
07.05.2013 , 04:00 PM | #5
Eric,

Please leave the legacy 40 requirement to unlock this companion in place and allow the use of CC's as an alternate means of payment once the companion has been unlocked by reaching legacy 40.

This would be in keeping with the only other optional companion in the game Hk-51. It is possible to purchase him using CC's, but only AFTER he has been unlocked by completion of the quest chain at least once. It is not possible to use CC"s to bypass the requirement of completing the quest chain to unlock HK-51 and many feel that it should not be possible to use CC's to bypass the legacy 40 requirement to unlock the new companion.

EricMusco
07.05.2013 , 04:02 PM | #6 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
If you wish to purchase Treek using Cartel Coins there is no Legacy level requirement. The Legacy level requirement is only if you wish to use credits.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Reno_Tarshil
07.05.2013 , 04:03 PM | #7
And that is that. Cartel Coin users, we have won.

TheNahash
07.05.2013 , 04:04 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
And that is that. Cartel Coin users, we have won.
Well, not really.
You can still get to legacy level 40 and get her for free (=not real money).
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

WillLongstick
07.05.2013 , 04:06 PM | #9

-eric
Yay, more things completely worthless for those of us with legacy 50.
Gorthog - Amelthea
<Intrepid>

ikinai
07.05.2013 , 04:06 PM | #10

-eric
Why bother with the legacy level at all then? Why not make it either or?
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School