Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Subscriber Appreciation Details?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Subscriber Appreciation Details?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TheNahash
07.05.2013 , 03:14 PM | #401
Quote: Originally Posted by DAMossimo View Post
If this title is going to be widely available to everyone how is it considered "subscriber appreciation" then?
That was the 500CC you got.
Not the title.
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

EricMusco
07.05.2013 , 03:15 PM | #402 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
If this title is going to be widely available to everyone how is it considered "subscriber appreciation" then?

Whatever. Thanks for the extra stipend - that's at least something useful.
Sorry about that, we may have mixed a message there. The 500 cc was for all subscribers. The title is unrelated and is to celebrate the KOTOR 10 year anniversary. Apologies for any confusion.

My goal was to get the info about the title out to subs on the same day as the CC grant though so that if you wanted to get the title you could just save 10 coins. This way you would be able to get it just from those extra coins!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

SithEBM
07.05.2013 , 03:16 PM | #403
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Sorry about that, we may have mixed a message there. The 500 cc was for all subscribers. The title is unrelated and is to celebrate the KOTOR 10 year anniversary. Apologies for any confusion.

My goal was to get the info about the title out to subs on the same day as the CC grant though so that if you wanted to get the title you could just save 10 coins. This way you would be able to get it just from those extra coins!

-eric
Are you planning on fixing Revan's color bug? The pizza offer still stands.

Blackavaar
07.05.2013 , 03:16 PM | #404

Whatever. Thanks for the extra stipend - that's at least something useful.
I don't think he ever said that the special item coming later this month was part of the "subscriber appreciation".
It is a separate goody to celebrate the Anniversary of KotOR, hence availability to all makes sense.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Superman_AZ
07.05.2013 , 03:17 PM | #405

-eric

Thanks for clearing that up
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

DAMossimo
07.05.2013 , 03:21 PM | #406
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
I don't think he ever said that the special item coming later this month was part of the "subscriber appreciation".
It is a separate goody to celebrate the Anniversary of KotOR, hence availability to all makes sense.

Yeah I missed that. I try to stay away from the forums anymore for the most part.

Whizle
07.05.2013 , 03:30 PM | #407
Hey folks,

As some of you have already begun to figure out, every subscriber is receiving a bonus of 500 Cartel Coins. Some of you may not have gotten them yet but don't worry, the process takes a few hours. All of you should be receiving your 500 coins today. As an additional tease, we have something coming to the Cartel Market later this month that is going to be super, super cheap and available for one day only! All I will say for now is hang on to 10 Cartel Coins and look for details soon™.

-eric
It's pathetically sad that anyone working for this game thinks that this will show the subscribers that you actually care. I seriously feel like you haven't been listening. A one-time coin grant? Seriously? For a moment, I thought this was an April fool's joke. Want to give subscribers benefits? How about a permanent across the board 50% reduction on all purchases? Doubtful we'll ever see anything even close to that, because you don't really care about the subscribers. It's clear this is just a cash shop game now, and that makes me sad. Consider my subscription over once my 6 months are up. I'll just switch preferred and buy my weekly unlocks on the gtn. I'm not going to keep paying you $15/month for $5 worth of coins. Subscribers are getting ripped off...end of story.

augustgrace
07.05.2013 , 03:32 PM | #408
So does that mean the second sub appreciation gift is still coming towards the end of the month?

Iggster
07.05.2013 , 03:39 PM | #409

-eric
Hi Eric, I have a question I hope you will be able to answer.

Why did the devs come to the decision to even have a price tag on the title designed to celebrate 10 years of KOTOR?

LordArtemis
07.05.2013 , 04:04 PM | #410

-eric
This was a very wise move on your part IMO. I'm glad to see it, and appreciate it certainly.

It wouldn't hurt to mention that folks could use the grant to do things like try out the appearance system introduced into the game recently.

It's not required, but a good way to tie in the grant for those that were upset it required cartel coins.