Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Subscriber Appreciation Details?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Subscriber Appreciation Details?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Reno_Tarshil
07.05.2013 , 02:20 PM | #371
Quote: Originally Posted by Mark-JPS View Post
I am having fun. I spent $60 to transfer my characters from one server to the other. Services like that are fine.. but Cartel Market? I'm not fond of that.

Contents are not as good as they were before the game went free-to-play. My question is, have you been a subscriber way before the game decided to go free-to-play? If so, you should see a big change. Don't say "Oh the game went free to play" because it's still not a free to play until there's a subscription model in place
I got the game for my birthday January 15th 2012. That's roughly one month after release no? I played all the way up until August. I even quit WoW for it. I took a break from SW:TOR Because WoW was about to release Mists of Pandaria. I came back in January of 2013 to see what was up with this CM and I found it quite enjoyable.

The large amounts of Adaptive Armor have allowed me to come up with different armor configurations that would normally be restrictive before the CM came out.

I'm having a blast in this game and I look forward to every week to see what Bioware puts on the CM or in-game.

And for the record, it's still not all sunshine and roses. I still can't Green and Red colored Bounty Hunter armor like Boba Fett and I was extremely let down by the dye system and almost considered quitting.

LaynaTan
07.05.2013 , 02:21 PM | #372
Quote: Originally Posted by ikinai View Post
Eric would never consciously betray the Forum.
I didn't mean he would! That wouldn't be betrayal, not at all.
Just eric.. eric, I love your style ^^

Mark-JPS
07.05.2013 , 02:25 PM | #373
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
I got the game for my birthday January 15th 2012. That's roughly one month after release no? I played all the way up until August. I even quit WoW for it. I took a break from SW:TOR Because WoW was about to release Mists of Pandaria. I came back in January of 2013 to see what was up with this CM and I found it quite enjoyable.

The large amounts of Adaptive Armor have allowed me to come up with different armor configurations that would normally be restrictive before the CM came out.

I'm having a blast in this game and I look forward to every week to see what Bioware puts on the CM or in-game.

And for the record, it's still not all sunshine and roses. I still can't Green and Red colored Bounty Hunter armor like Boba Fett and I was extremely let down by the dye system and almost considered quitting.
I see we're almost on the same page. But for me, I'm not happy with the way the game is going to but I'm still here, giving every hope there is for this game.

Now that the item they want to give out for 10CC is simply just a TITLE, do you still feel the same and "appreciated"?

but then for 10CC, It would be dumb for Bioware to release an armor set for that amount. Come on people... this should not be new. Bioware will keep leading you on into things but will end up just disasppointed.

Darth_Moonshadow
07.05.2013 , 02:26 PM | #374
Quote: Originally Posted by ikinai View Post
Eric would never consciously betray the Force.
^How I read that.

Eric is a Sith. I'm making that canon.
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

EricMusco
07.05.2013 , 02:26 PM | #375 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by LaynaTan View Post
I didn't mean he would! That wouldn't be betrayal, not at all.
Just eric.. eric, I love your style ^^
Thanks! This was an opportunity to have a little fun on the forums. Without further delay, here you go.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Superman_AZ
07.05.2013 , 02:27 PM | #376
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Um, where was it that ArielaKnight corrected someone's grammar? I just looked back a few pages and I don't see her correcting anyone. -snipped-

Sorry, I learned my "grammar police/grammar nazi" lessons long ago on these boards but I just had to say something about your statement here. I apologize if it offended you or anyone else.

Quote: Originally Posted by ArielaKnight View Post
Do you always get so defensive when you are the one that made the mistake? You said packs which means more than one. You did not say pack which means one you said packs thereby sounding like it was more than one. So the person in the wrong is you by using the wrong wording. When it is one you use the singular form of the word and no one would think you meant more than one. When you use a plural form of a word it therefore leads anyone reading it to think you mean more than one.

So by what you state she was correct in thinking you meant more than one since you said packs (the plural form of pack).

Here is the Post. It stemmed along with:
Quote: Originally Posted by ScarletBlaze View Post
You said Packs not pack which means more than one. It would have been one thing to say pack but you said packs. There is a difference.
I got over it shortly after it happened. But I was grammatically corrected because I used the plural version of the word implying I would purchase more than one (even stated I would purchase 3 cartel packs) and the Grammar Police showed up to correct me and let me know that only one pack was priced at 160cc. So, I got up in arms as I was tired of being corrected over semantics by pedantics.
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

SithEBM
07.05.2013 , 02:28 PM | #377
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Thanks! This was an opportunity to have a little fun on the forums. Without further delay, here you go.

-eric
Could you also fix Revan's color bug for KOTOR appreciation day?

ikinai
07.05.2013 , 02:29 PM | #378

-eric
There. You see, Lord Forum, Eric can be reasonable. Continue with the operation; you may fire when ready.
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School

Superman_AZ
07.05.2013 , 02:30 PM | #379

-eric

NICE A title and some Coins! Not bad at all.
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

Reno_Tarshil
07.05.2013 , 02:31 PM | #380
Quote: Originally Posted by Mark-JPS View Post
I see we're almost on the same page. But for me, I'm not happy with the way the game is going to but I'm still here, giving every hope there is for this game.

Now that the item they want to give out for 10CC is simply just a TITLE, do you still feel the same and "appreciated"?

but then for 10CC, It would be dumb for Bioware to release an armor set for that amount. Come on people... this should not be new. Bioware will keep leading you on into things but will end up just disasppointed.
When the Dye system dissapointed me, I learned to never get my hopes up for anything in-game again until I could preview it first.

As for the Title "Revan's Heir". This is actually quite funny and I will be buying it for my guardian named Rvn. For 10 CC, I wasn't expecting anything spectacular and actually appreciated the 500 cc that I used to unlock some stuff in my collection.