Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Subscriber Appreciation Details?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Subscriber Appreciation Details?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TheSeventhJedi
07.05.2013 , 01:34 PM | #331
I'm not complaining about the CC. It's a nice little bonus. However, it's not a good "appreciation" gift. It feels like a bandaid more than a gift. It's like giving your girlfriend flowers when you screw up. If you only give them when you screw up, it's not appreciation, it's hide-covering.

Now, if this is a frequently recurring gift, that's a different story. If they do something nice (and different) each month, that's a different story. But to feel appreciated, we need something a little more special than what amounts to a 5$ coupon.

I also hope that every single subscriber can log in to get the one-day-only super surprise. I'm going to be out of town quite a bit this month, and if I miss it, I know that won't help me feel appreciated. All this is doing is reinforcing that the CM is the be-all and end-all of this game.
Click for free things, please: http://www.swtor.com/r/GlscnB

Izorii
07.05.2013 , 01:35 PM | #332
???? Is how I feel. Seems like the item should have been out the same time everyone got told they were getting the free cartel coins.
Secondly how great will this item be. It seems that one of the big issues BW seem to have is over hyping things. When we are told about big annoncements we all assume huge big and get a small thing people guessed at. Same goes for the appreciation and things like it. They seem very good at getting people agry by making things some bigger than they are and when we get them we feel disappointed.

idnewton
07.05.2013 , 01:36 PM | #333
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

As some of you have already begun to figure out, every subscriber is receiving a bonus of 500 Cartel Coins. Some of you may not have gotten them yet but don't worry, the process takes a few hours. All of you should be receiving your 500 coins today. As an additional tease, we have something coming to the Cartel Market later this month that is going to be super, super cheap and available for one day only! All I will say for now is hang on to 10 Cartel Coins and look for details soon™.

-eric
Quote: Originally Posted by GalnarDegana View Post
KOTOR's 10th anniversary is 10 days from now and we have to save 10 coins...too coincidental!

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Wow, that is really coincidental!

Edit: Soon™ = later today btw!
Soon, however, does not refer to the 10cc item releasing, only details upon it. Based on that fact, along with the signature Rakghoul smily-face of Eric Musco, I'm going to guess Galnar was right.

Question is, what is it? What could possibly be worth 10cc, related to KotOR? HK-47 customization for HK-51? Heart of the Guardian crystal? Mantle of the Force crystal? KotOR-related title? KotOR-related emote?
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL 55s: 19 10/10 HM DREAD OPS
ETERNAL WARRIOR CONQUEROR OF THE DREAD FORTRESS
30/30 DREAD FORTRESS PVP BEST IN SLOT 4/5 NiM DP

Reno_Tarshil
07.05.2013 , 01:37 PM | #334
Quote: Originally Posted by SithEBM View Post
^ This. Don't worry about Reno, he tried to do the whole BioWare is holy speech in the Revan thread.
Hey don't get mad at me, because you refuse to accept the truth. I would love to see Revan's outfit in Black but Bioware has made it clear they want it as Light Grey, so it's gonna be Light Grey.

ikinai
07.05.2013 , 01:38 PM | #335
Quote: Originally Posted by Izorii View Post
???? Is how I feel. Seems like the item should have been out the same time everyone got told they were getting the free cartel coins.
Secondly how great will this item be. It seems that one of the big issues BW seem to have is over hyping things. When we are told about big annoncements we all assume huge big and get a small thing people guessed at. Same goes for the appreciation and things like it. They seem very good at getting people agry by making things some bigger than they are and when we get them we feel disappointed.
That's why I have lowered expectations, I log in and play the game for my entertainment. Everything else is icing on the pie.
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School

Mark-JPS
07.05.2013 , 01:43 PM | #336
Quote: Originally Posted by SithEBM View Post
I wonder why BioWare gets a lot of insults and abuse in the first place.

In response to what you are going to say, no. .. It's not because people are qqers, It's because BioWare doesn't listen to the community.
LOL Why should we be grateful to Bioware? If there's someone here that should be grateful, it's Bioware and their staff...

We are giving them money every month... what they give to us is just fair and right. And Bioware are getting insults and abuse because they're not delivering the content subscribers want. Subscribers have every right to complain, and say stuff to Bioware.

I think people forgot the fact that we are the one putting money in Bioware's pocket. it should be them being grateful.. not us...

Though Bioware needs to work hader because 500 Cartel Coins is not good enough to show their appreciation.

Superman_AZ
07.05.2013 , 01:47 PM | #337
Quote: Originally Posted by Mark-JPS View Post
LOL Why should we be grateful to Bioware? If there's someone here that should be grateful, it's Bioware and their staff...

We are giving them money every month... what they give to us is just fair and right. And Bioware are getting insults and abuse because they're not delivering the content subscribers want. Subscribers have every right to complain, and say stuff to Bioware.

I think people forgot the fact that we are the one putting money in Bioware's pocket. it should be them being grateful.. not us...

There is a difference between being a dissatisfied customer looking for better content and giving constructive feedback and being a DBag that just puts them down while trying to explain their frustration. Turns out, polite and constructive gets noticed first, and the dbag is left wondering what just happened.
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

SithEBM
07.05.2013 , 01:50 PM | #338
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
Hey don't get mad at me, because you refuse to accept the truth. I would love to see Revan's outfit in Black but Bioware has made it clear they want it as Light Grey, so it's gonna be Light Grey.
You see... I understand how your mind works now. You don't think about the bigger picture. I noticed this when you completely ignored what EricMusco said about the details being released soon. Your mind only saw what you wanted to see. You saw "getting a new item today" even though he didn't say that at all.

Just like when EricMusco didn't say he was happy with light Grey. He was happy that the colors matched(both bug versions). Instead you saw only what you wanted to see. You saw this: "we like light grey and you will all have to deal with it".

This stems from your statement that we should be grateful we are getting rewarded. You are so close-minded that even if someone showed you concrete evidence, you would stand by your own belief.

Mark-JPS
07.05.2013 , 01:50 PM | #339
Quote: Originally Posted by Superman_AZ View Post

There is a difference between being a dissatisfied customer looking for better content and giving constructive feedback and being a DBag that just puts them down while trying to explain their frustration. Turns out, polite and constructive gets noticed first, and the dbag is left wondering what just happened.
We've seen what those dissatisfied customer did right? They unsubscribed and was a loss to Bioware. Now, will this 'subscriber appreciation reward' going to keep them longer? Maybe not.

Reno_Tarshil
07.05.2013 , 01:50 PM | #340
Quote: Originally Posted by Mark-JPS View Post

Though Bioware needs to work hader because 500 Cartel Coins is not good enough to show their appreciation.
Why should they work harder? It's obvious that nothing they do will be a good enough reward to people like you.