Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Subscriber Appreciation Details?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Subscriber Appreciation Details?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Superman_AZ
07.05.2013 , 01:06 PM | #321
Quote: Originally Posted by ScarletBlaze View Post
You said Packs not pack which means more than one. It would have been one thing to say pack but you said packs. There is a difference.
And purchasing more than one at 160cc each implies PACKS. Quit being pedantic and argumentative.
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

Greenify
07.05.2013 , 01:08 PM | #322
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

As some of you have already begun to figure out, every subscriber is receiving a bonus of 500 Cartel Coins. Some of you may not have gotten them yet but don't worry, the process takes a few hours. All of you should be receiving your 500 coins today. As an additional tease, we have something coming to the Cartel Market later this month that is going to be super, super cheap and available for one day only! All I will say for now is hang on to 10 Cartel Coins and look for details soon™.

-eric
Wait a minute, this isn't the fireworks is it?

SithEBM
07.05.2013 , 01:09 PM | #323
Quote: Originally Posted by Greenify View Post
No, it's not.

DarthVengeant
07.05.2013 , 01:23 PM | #324
I'm really looking forward to seeing how LACKLUSTER this "reward" is. Honestly, these guys at Bioware do NOT know how to reward subscribers at all. 500CC....yes, it's a start and the thought that counts, but obviously they couldn't think anything up (considering the forums are FULL of ideas) but free CC.

After having spent 15 bucks a month the past year i'd say free 500cc is pretty underwhelming. And if this Cartel item that cost 10 cc is just some dumb emote, firework, or party jawa.....I will honestly be pretty pissed. Give us some armor that isn't ugly for once (think Darth Maul or Darth Talon), or a legacy offhand for only subscribers. (see...there is two idea's right there).

One other thing. Guild Wars 2 has events every single month and constant things going on in that game, yet it has no monthly fee. SWTOR has nothing monthly and events only every few months....but it is subscription based. Anyone else see a problem here? If I worked on SWTOR i'd be looking to Guild Wars 2 on how to run a game.

Jonoku
07.05.2013 , 01:24 PM | #325
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Wow, that is really coincidental!

Edit: Soon™ = later today btw!
Looking forward to the info later today.

Reno_Tarshil
07.05.2013 , 01:25 PM | #326
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
I'm really looking forward to seeing how LACKLUSTER this "reward" is. Honestly, these guys at Bioware do NOT know how to reward subscribers at all. 500CC....yes, it's a start and the thought that counts, but obviously they couldn't think anything up (considering the forums are FULL of ideas) but free CC.

After having spent 15 bucks a month the past year i'd say free 500cc is pretty underwhelming. And if this Cartel item that cost 10 cc is just some dumb emote, firework, or party jawa.....I will honestly be pretty pissed. Give us some armor that isn't ugly for once (think Darth Maul or Darth Talon), or a legacy offhand for only subscribers. (see...there is two idea's right there).
After all the insults and abuse Bioware puts up with, you should be grateful to even get 500 cc and a special gift later.

DarthVengeant
07.05.2013 , 01:27 PM | #327
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
After all the insults and abuse Bioware puts up with, you should be grateful to even get 500 cc and a special gift later.
While I don't agree with abuse, feedback is essential. Something I think Bioware ignores too much. There are things people having been wanting since DAY 1 for example. Maybe you'd rather people just keep quiet and accept things how they are even though they pay a monthly fee? Yes, the gestapo mentality works for you.

Wait you just said....I should be "grateful" they actually decided to even THINK of rewarding subscribers? Seriously? Just wow.....

SithEBM
07.05.2013 , 01:31 PM | #328
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
I wonder why BioWare gets a lot of insults and abuse in the first place.

In response to what you are going to say, no. .. It's not because people are qqers, It's because BioWare doesn't listen to the community.

Elear
07.05.2013 , 01:31 PM | #329
Quote: Originally Posted by Greenify View Post
Surprise!

I guess 500 CC isn't bad/useless thing, like fireworks would be, still...
I kind of hoped that answer from BW to "we feel you're focusing too much on CM, not enough on features avaible to subsribers" issue would be something not related to CM. It does ammount to small "hey, now you can use appearance designer for free, for a bit", but also shows that SWTOR world spins around CM and CM only.

SithEBM
07.05.2013 , 01:33 PM | #330
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
While I don't agree with abuse, feedback is essential. Something I think Bioware ignores too much. There are things people having been wanting since DAY 1 for example. Maybe you'd rather people just keep quiet and accept things how they are even though they pay a monthly fee? Yes, the gestapo mentality works for you.

Wait you just said....I should be "grateful" they actually decided to even THINK of rewarding subscribers? Seriously? Just wow.....
^ This. Don't worry about Reno, he tried to do the whole BioWare is holy speech in the Revan thread.