Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Subscriber Appreciation Details?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Subscriber Appreciation Details?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

minty
07.05.2013 , 10:41 AM | #251
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

As some of you have already begun to figure out, every subscriber is receiving a bonus of 500 Cartel Coins. Some of you may not have gotten them yet but don't worry, the process takes a few hours. All of you should be receiving your 500 coins today. As an additional tease, we have something coming to the Cartel Market later this month that is going to be super, super cheap and available for one day only! All I will say for now is hang on to 10 Cartel Coins and look for details soon™.

-eric
my brain immediately said "a range of unique legacy bound color crystals named after your legacy"
"I heal, YOUR FACE!!"

ImmortalLowlife
07.05.2013 , 10:43 AM | #252
Quote: Originally Posted by thaawn View Post
A prime example of how teaching the dumb is a waste of time. . .
A prime example of a sucka talkin tough behind a keyboard....

#f yo thoughts & that lil house u think em in...
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

Jonoku
07.05.2013 , 10:43 AM | #253
Quote: Originally Posted by thewitchdoctor View Post
And my Google-Fu lists KOTOR's release date as 15 July 2003.

Soon, in this case, may be 10 (10!) days from now.
Fixed for ya'

Remember the old cartel packs with the revan suit and remember the cartel pack with the darth malak suit.....yea maybe expect something like that.

Costello
07.05.2013 , 10:46 AM | #254
Hey folks,

As some of you have already begun to figure out, every subscriber is receiving a bonus of 500 Cartel Coins. Some of you may not have gotten them yet but don't worry, the process takes a few hours. All of you should be receiving your 500 coins today. As an additional tease, we have something coming to the Cartel Market later this month that is going to be super, super cheap and available for one day only! All I will say for now is hang on to 10 Cartel Coins and look for details soon™.

-eric
While its nice to receive a gift of Cartel coins I can't help but feel that you may have missed the point of what subscribers weren't happy about.

The majority of Cartel coins are purchased by subscribers in effect allowing BW to double dip, getting revenue from the subscription and a second time selling coins to the subscriber to get items only in the Cartel market. Only of late there appear to be very very few updates to the game so what is the subscription purchasing? Cartel market items seem to be appearing every week but all this is, is fluff. Where are the game updates?

Of late we have had one update that is only of interest to hard core raid guilds (nightmare modes) offering no new experience other than a few new boss mechanics. And the update before that being an image kios allowing you to change your characters look but no new content. Before that was a purchase digital expansion without which you saw the levels of content shrink and outside of it for level 55's rehashed flash points with very minor changes to the mechanics. Heroics space missions have had their rewards reduced to the point I doubt many people bother with them.

Other than buying fluff from the Cartel market it seems on the whole little is being done to keep subscribers interested or encourage them to keep subscribing.

Cripplers
07.05.2013 , 10:50 AM | #255
Hey folks,
soon™.

-eric
lolz again
Pewpew

royad
07.05.2013 , 10:52 AM | #256
If it is launched on the CM arnt the f2p players also able to buy it for 10 cartel coins? if so what kind of sub apprication is this?
You can only die once make sure it is worth it.

DarthMaulUK
07.05.2013 , 10:57 AM | #257
Hey folks,As an additional tease, we have something coming to the Cartel Market later this month that is going to be super, super cheap and available for one day only! All I will say for now is hang on to 10 Cartel Coins and look for details soon™.

-eric
I'm NOT for sale! No matter how low the price!
to strive to seek, to find. And not to yield.

Mark-JPS
07.05.2013 , 10:57 AM | #258
Quote: Originally Posted by royad View Post
If it is launched on the CM arnt the f2p players also able to buy it for 10 cartel coins? if so what kind of sub apprication is this?
same thing with Ewok being purchasable by anyone on the CM lol. But you're right, I don't see the subscriber appreciation with new players being able to buy it as well. First the Ewok, now this. Hah

ApostleThirst
07.05.2013 , 10:59 AM | #259
Quote: Originally Posted by royad View Post
I'm pretty sure it's going to be grossly expensive for non-subs and incredibly cool. Which I'm ok with.

Superman_AZ
07.05.2013 , 11:00 AM | #260
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
While its nice to receive a gift of Cartel coins I can't help but feel that you may have missed the point of what subscribers weren't happy about. -- snipped from boredom ---

We were given 500 coins free. Packs are 160 each. It's like 3 free packs, and people STILL are not happy. Likely the same type of people who make sure they have gift receipts with their Christmas and BDay presents so they can return them for something else. Not sure when people stopped being appreciative.
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy