Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Role-less FPs = GW2 Mode?

Heezdedjim
07.05.2013 , 10:08 AM | #1
Seems like this just means "zerg mode" for all FPs where it's an option. Will anyone bother to ever run the non-zerg modes of these ever again?

Never_Hesitate
07.05.2013 , 10:12 AM | #2
I still can't imagine how a tank would fit into the whole thing.
If you don't need a tank, why should you bother with the dmg-loss of bringing one?

Are all the tanks doing the 4 lvl 55 FPs we have right now and if you want to run a new one, you should switch to dps or get flamed by the group?

(I imagine that because of the current state of GW2, where most team members are supposed to be glass cannons)
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

Heezdedjim
07.05.2013 , 10:39 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
I still can't imagine how a tank would fit into the whole thing. If you don't need a tank, why should you bother with the dmg-loss of bringing one?
You could say the same of healers really. It's not like PUGs will have a choice on who they bring, since anyone can queue in any spec. But yeah, if you mean to be running zerg mode, swapping to a DPS stance at least makes some sense. You can probably just do that and not even bother respeccing and get along fine.

metwars
07.05.2013 , 11:30 AM | #4
Well I mean its just an easier way for people to experience story mode. You still need the roles in hard mode

FlyinSpaghetti
07.05.2013 , 12:01 PM | #5
I think they are doing them as a bridge between makeb and current 55 endgame as people tend to be jumping into the 55 content without updating their gear to at least 148 rated stuff (which is what these flashpoints drop).

I actually think roleless content is a step forward and hope they expand it beyond just the beginner content, maybe even some 8 man.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

TrillOG-
07.05.2013 , 12:12 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by FlyinSpaghetti View Post
I think they are doing them as a bridge between makeb and current 55 endgame as people tend to be jumping into the 55 content without updating their gear to at least 148 rated stuff (which is what these flashpoints drop).

I actually think roleless content is a step forward and hope they expand it beyond just the beginner content, maybe even some 8 man.
Step forward....? How is making content where you can just bring 4 sents or 4 slingers or a mix of both and just maul through content literally a step forward? If they continue to put out content like this I'm out, and I'm sure there will be plenty in the same boat. Im not even looking forward to these fps because of the lack of form, sure hm still will take a minimal amount of coordination, but the truth is I don't play this game to just bomb through it all with 4 dps. Plus, 8 man? So basically 8 people just pounding on a target with little else? Sounds awesome.

Jeweledleah
07.05.2013 , 12:23 PM | #7
if I'm right and they got their idea from WoW scenarios - tanking and healing would still be useful, just not necessary. there will be those healing warzone like thingies scattered, and probably npc's that can take over tanking role if needed.

honestly, I should just copy over to pts and check myself...

I like the idea of giving people something to do with less wait. we'll see how well its implemented.

CJNJ
07.05.2013 , 12:24 PM | #8
Isn't this only for the SM versions?
CJuice Sandwich-lazy sage seer || Cmeat Sandwich- fat blind engi sniper
lil'cmeat Sandwich- it's a lil Cmeat! Gunslinger || Naked-snake- looks more like plissken, scoundrel
Laziness is a skill

Krewel
07.05.2013 , 12:44 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by CJNJ View Post
Isn't this only for the SM versions?
Yeah, but we can only hope this retarded GW2 zergfest never transfers over to HM over Ops. That's exactly what this game needs now - no roles!
Former passionate SWTOR player, now passionately waiting for WoD.

metalfenix
07.05.2013 , 02:28 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TrillOG- View Post
Step forward....? How is making content where you can just bring 4 sents or 4 slingers or a mix of both and just maul through content literally a step forward? If they continue to put out content like this I'm out, and I'm sure there will be plenty in the same boat. Im not even looking forward to these fps because of the lack of form, sure hm still will take a minimal amount of coordination, but the truth is I don't play this game to just bomb through it all with 4 dps. Plus, 8 man? So basically 8 people just pounding on a target with little else? Sounds awesome.
Exactly my thoughts. In DCUO they introduced something like this, when there is no healer there is a minimum auto-regen of the HP, and when there is no tank, each member received a defense buff (wich many people preferred over the tank's duties). Over the time, being a tank in DCUO became a pain, you cannot find any groups wanting tanks. I had to respec my fire tank to fire dps, and get him geared again, just for this. A few months later, I got bored and left. If this happen with swtor, count me off as a customer, I don't want to participate on a game wich the norm is 4 maras, PT or snipers to complete FPs.
Koltowolf'Raf Commando Healer / Raf'HiredHealer Mercenary Healer
Rafa-el Scoundrel Healer
Server: The Harbinger