Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

07.03.2013 , 06:00 PM | #3431
Morgani, I squee'd in a decidedly not-grown-up manner when I saw your post. Welcome back! I love the details in the Jadus piece.

Lady-Jean, Maldecka continues to be wonderful. Orgus's "Don't be so proud that you think you mistakes are the only unforgivable mistakes." is so straightforward and so profound. Just the sort of thing a guilt-racked youth ought to hear.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

07.03.2013 , 06:09 PM | #3432
Welcome back Morgani, long time no see...or read

Now, for something different:

Prompt: NotLP - Mission Accomplished featuring a companion in his younger years

07.03.2013 , 08:14 PM | #3433
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
@marissalf, against my usual inclination I clicked past your warning...well executed. Chilling and well written. How awful that she knows, despite his looks, exactly what she's getting into.
Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post
@ Marissalf: you do a good job capturing the helplessness of a slave in that situation, especially in first person perspective. Romari is a slime, and now I want a shower.
Thank you. I waffled back and forth on posting this one because it just creeped me out so much. But on the bright side, things do get better for Anaelia soon.

Some belated (and not-so belated) comments:

07.03.2013 , 08:47 PM | #3434
NotLP: Sacrifice
With Kinka, Kaliyo and Vector
Takes place a day or two after Anniversary and more than a year before Ceremony.
No spoilers, just over 500 words

And since I finally got around to it, here's what Kinka looks like.

07.04.2013 , 02:36 AM | #3435
You know, one of these days I'll actually write a story using one of the prompts. Anyway, another introduction. Rather short. IA Interlude spoiler.

07.04.2013 , 05:07 AM | #3436
Quote: Originally Posted by marissalf View Post
NotLP: Sacrifice
With Kinka, Kaliyo and Vector
Takes place a day or two after Anniversary and more than a year before Ceremony.
No spoilers, just over 500 words

And since I finally got around to it, here's what Kinka looks like.

*wants to both hug and punch Kinka at the same time*
Horrendously bad fan fiction: Sith in a Pretty Dress

07.04.2013 , 11:34 AM | #3437
Prompt: Friends and Allies

Xynri with new guild.. Very short..

Prompt: Family

Welcome back to Morgani and good job to the other writers who've contributed.

07.04.2013 , 12:41 PM | #3438
@Morgani Yay! Welcome back.
I'm trying to get back into the swing of life and while Kabe may shake her fist at me and demand more of the other thing
I... wouldn't do that... when I have this awesome new thing to read I loved the mood and all of the descriptions. Everything was so clear and the image of the fear the Sith cast around him reminded me exactly of that first IA scene where you meet him and ask why it feels like you're dying. Wonderful, perfect, horrifying Jadus.

@Lady-Jean I love the build up of a Knight. I found it kind of disappointing that the story takes us from "just arrived" to "you're a knight now". Your take on it is wonderful.

@Selentar Young Lokin is a wonderful idea to explore. I like what you did with him.

@marissalf D: nooo... I hope they left him somewhere safe. Throughout my IA experience I did think Vector was too good to be on the ship, but still. Nooooooo.

07.04.2013 , 04:12 PM | #3439
@marissalf: Yikes! Abandoning least Alderaan is pretty. Nice job conveying the emotions going through your AI's mind.
@Zethrodek: short and sweet. Nicely done
@kabeone: Thank you for the comment! I felt the JK prolog is so...breakneck? Its "oh hi, go save some padawans, now some twelik, now the order, here's a lightsaber, go save the capital, here's a padawan, go save the galaxy." Besides, mini-Maldecka making mistakes is fun, especially since we all know JKs are awesome (if annoyingly infallible at times) in game.

Happy Independance Day to my fellow Americans!

Maldecka the Kid #14
Abt 500 words, thirty min.

...Like No One's Watching - When we're alone we often indulge ourselves in things that might embarrass us if others knew. Bad music, bad dancing, whatever it is, we'd be pretty mortified if someone caught us. This time, write about your character's secret indulgences - and how they react when it's discovered.

07.04.2013 , 04:54 PM | #3440
@ Lady-Jean: Again, liking Maldecka’s adventures and lessons learned (including the waltz; I’m sure she’ll be a fast study). I know the major sin here was Maldecka’s pride, and she certainly needed to learn from Zarro. But hers wasn’t the only mistake; I liked that both Zarro and Orgus made some mistakes in dealing with the situation, and were confident enough to admit their errors. One size answer doesn’t fit all, and learning isn’t just for padawans.

@ Selentar: Lokin is one of my favorite companions. I like the precision you show him with here, as well as the fact he would not accept “cipher”.

@ Marissalf: Kinka’s giving up Vector to protect him is a sacrifice in the truest meaning of the word, I hope she hasn’t given up her anchor as well.

@ Zethrodek: Xynri learning to fit in was nice to see, and it seems Anyzama has a lot to think about.