Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Anyone else a massive fan of Doctor Who?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Anyone else a massive fan of Doctor Who?

BadOrb
07.04.2013 , 02:38 PM | #21
Yes , watched it when i was a kid for years , hiding behind the sofa and cushions. The cyber men really freaked me out and davros.

Even in recent times , the first weeping angel episode , o god I was actually frightened again by Dr. Who.

Anyways it's night mode here , something I do at this time everyday and then Xp boost , catch you all later.

Cheers.

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

Zeargon
07.04.2013 , 04:43 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by BadOrb View Post
Yes , watched it when i was a kid for years , hiding behind the sofa and cushions. The cyber men really freaked me out and davros.

Even in recent times , the first weeping angel episode , o god I was actually frightened again by Dr. Who.

Anyways it's night mode here , something I do at this time everyday and then Xp boost , catch you all later.

Cheers.

BadOrb.
As I said before in the my last post, I only watched the new seasons and out of them, the only episodes that had scared me even a little was the ones when they were on that Library planet. Those were definitely the scariest episodes ever from Doctor Who.

Jeweledleah
07.04.2013 , 05:09 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Zeargon View Post
As I said before in the my last post, I only watched the new seasons and out of them, the only episodes that had scared me even a little was the ones when they were on that Library planet. Those were definitely the scariest episodes ever from Doctor Who.
hey! who turned out the lights!

/runs away cackling madly

DarkDisturbed
07.05.2013 , 12:13 PM | #24
The latest half season made me stop watching, the new companion Clara only serves as a jerk off toy for fanboys, she's terrible.

Zaxem
07.06.2013 , 01:26 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkDisturbed View Post
The latest half season made me stop watching, the new companion Clara only serves as a jerk off toy for fanboys, she's terrible.
lol i actually like her alot i almost like her more than rose tyler
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

BadOrb
07.06.2013 , 09:58 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Zeargon View Post
No I mean't the first episode they appeared in , episode 10 series 3 from 2007 called "Blink" , if you haven't seen it go watch it and tell me it didn't scare you one little bit.

Also the world war one with the kids in gas masks wasn't too joyful either " Are you my mummy , where is my mummy *put's hand through letter box*" omg waaaaaaa!

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

Cyberwoman
07.06.2013 , 02:13 PM | #27
Glad to see there are quite a few of us Whovians!

Quote: Originally Posted by DarkDisturbed View Post
I actually think shes a rather good character. I think its a bit of a shame that the who 'impossible girl' arc has overshadowed her introduction, hopefully from now on they can concentrate on her character. I certainly think she is better then some companions, such as Rose. Do you mean Series 7b? It has its critics, but there are some wonderful episodes, such as the epic The Name of the Doctor and the wonderfully gothic Hide.

No I mean't the first episode they appeared in , episode 10 series 3 from 2007 called "Blink" , if you haven't seen it go watch it and tell me it didn't scare you one little bit.

Also the world war one with the kids in gas masks wasn't too joyful either " Are you my mummy , where is my mummy *put's hand through letter box*" omg waaaaaaa!

Cheers,

BadOrb.
Steven Moffat is a master of creating Doctor Who monsters. The Weeping Angel, The Silence, Gas Mask monsters, Vashta Nerada, all wonderful horror monsters.

When I was a kid, the only Doctor Who monster that really scared me was the Cybermen, specifically the Troughton era ones. They were like zombies, and what scared me most was the fact that they didn't kill you, they turn you in to one of them, a mindless killer. Its such a shame the new era Cybermen haven't concentrated on this feature (Although I think Neil Gaiman did a good job of reinventing them in Nightmare in Silver). I was also rather frightened of Light, from my favorite classic series story Ghost Light.
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The Fourth Doctor, Doctor Who
Chinbu, Hekit, Shieye, Hunk'a, Bi'song, Paign'ton, Ga'vin, Char-bi
Griffa, Ga'athei, Valamist , V'woolf, Equ'mar, No'lara, Vampora

Alavastre
07.08.2013 , 07:10 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by NilethStar View Post
Yes the question was answered. River actually answered it. I honestly think that there will be something more to do with Trenzalore because there were no fields at all it was a complete graveyard. I think that we will see a revisit to Trenzalore with the question being asked again, I think that is what will start everything that turns Trenzalore into what it was in that episode.

I think the only reason there was no mention of the silence was because the Great Intelligence was at Trenzalore.
Spoiler
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. Thomas Jefferson

BadOrb
07.08.2013 , 10:22 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Cyberwoman View Post
Glad to see there are quite a few of us Whovians!

I actually think shes a rather good character. I think its a bit of a shame that the who 'impossible girl' arc has overshadowed her introduction, hopefully from now on they can concentrate on her character. I certainly think she is better then some companions, such as Rose. Do you mean Series 7b? It has its critics, but there are some wonderful episodes, such as the epic The Name of the Doctor and the wonderfully gothic Hide.

Steven Moffat is a master of creating Doctor Who monsters. The Weeping Angel, The Silence, Gas Mask monsters, Vashta Nerada, all wonderful horror monsters.

When I was a kid, the only Doctor Who monster that really scared me was the Cybermen, specifically the Troughton era ones. They were like zombies, and what scared me most was the fact that they didn't kill you, they turn you in to one of them, a mindless killer. Its such a shame the new era Cybermen haven't concentrated on this feature (Although I think Neil Gaiman did a good job of reinventing them in Nightmare in Silver). I was also rather frightened of Light, from my favorite classic series story Ghost Light.
Steven Moffat used to be a colleague of my brother at work , I agree he has created some scary monsters , the silence you mention are quite frightening too.

Remember when they re-introduced the Dalek's , when they ran up some stairs and thought they where safe ? I used to play such Dalek games as a child and when I saw them fly up the stairs It broke all the rules of safely running away from them as a kid ( in my mind ).

My favourite companion has to be K-9 , so wish he would come back again.

Is everyone looking forward to the 50th anniversary episode ? Tenant and Piper are supposed to be in it .

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Alavastre
07.10.2013 , 09:18 AM | #30
Steven Moffat used to be a colleague of my brother at work , I agree he has created some scary monsters , the silence you mention are quite frightening too.

Remember when they re-introduced the Dalek's , when they ran up some stairs and thought they where safe ? I used to play such Dalek games as a child and when I saw them fly up the stairs It broke all the rules of safely running away from them as a kid ( in my mind ).

My favourite companion has to be K-9 , so wish he would come back again.

Is everyone looking forward to the 50th anniversary episode ? Tenant and Piper are supposed to be in it .

Cheers,

BadOrb.
Um yes. Though I was very disappointed in Series 7, I am psyched about the 50th anniversary show. I need to make a Doctor Who get together for the 50th.

Also, with Moffat saying we shouldn't believe everything we've heard/read, I'm thinking maybe Eccleston will be a part of it. That is what I take from his comments. Of course that is a long shot, considering his chilly disposition to ever returning to Doctor Who.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. Thomas Jefferson