Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Ancaglon
07.03.2013 , 10:37 AM | #441
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
Ancaglon:you ment mercenary, PT doesnt have KB
Indeed I did, I'll fix that now.

Ancaglon
07.03.2013 , 10:46 AM | #442
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
that's what I used to think, but post above explains the applications of the move. as for healer, who sometimes uses knockback in flashpoint as actual knockback, and not for healing... if I didn't have things chewing on me, I wouldn't need to use it in a first place (not saying its a tank fault specifically, but if I pull aggro as a healer, it's usually because no one else is touching those particular mobs, and no dumping guard on me won't fix it >_>). that or there are many cases where group would rather knock things off the ledge to their deaths and knockback is specifically requested.
Specific knockback over ledges is one thing -- I often Force Pull mobs to me followed by a Spinning Kick, a quick turn and a Force Wave -- but running into the middle of the pack that's chewing on me and blasting them all over the place is a different thing entirely, especially when it's done with every trash pack.

And yes, there are some very specific circumstances where I will use Force Wave for threat or to clump a group together, but it's rare -- opening with force breach and slow time will work for most small packs, and if they are too far apart initially, running up and hitting the middle one with a Project, then firing off the AEs when the others close on me, works just fine.

Adds chewing on the healer usually means that (a) the tank didn't keep hitting them enough after the initial pull, and (b) the DPS are ignoring the weak mobs in favour of doing big damage rotations on the strongest. And even there, it will probably work better if you just get close enough to the tank that the AE damage being splashed around will pull it back off you.

artikulieren
07.03.2013 , 03:40 PM | #443
19. Players who play Mara/Snipers and know that their DPS is formidable yet add to the burden of threat considerably by attacking first, attacking a silver/gold straggler that isn't the tank's primary focus but still is aggro-ed to the tank. And then proceed to blame the tank when aggro is inevitably lost or cannot be gained back as quickly as they would like.

20. People that use KB every chance they get. ....this was mentioned already huh?

Jeweledleah
07.03.2013 , 06:10 PM | #444
Quote: Originally Posted by artikulieren View Post
Your assumption is wrong then. The thread title is about Group Finder, and random rolls come into play. But if you are talking about a fixed scenario, running with the people I trust and know. While they(or I) do make errors sometimes, they are easily remedied because everyone is good, flexible and alert.

All my trusted Sage/Sorc healers, while they may spec into the healing KB, they NEVER use it in flashpoints. You might see them do it occasionally in an op or very often in a WZ. But they know it causes more harm than good in an FP.
I wouldn't say its wrong. again, i don't have to worry about best case scenario. but I'd rather be prepared for the worst. and I have a feeling that your trusted sages/sorcs may occasionally use it in flashpoints, you just don't notice, because they time it and place it in a way that doesn't disrupt the run

Quote: Originally Posted by Ancaglon View Post

Adds chewing on the healer usually means that (a) the tank didn't keep hitting them enough after the initial pull, and (b) the DPS are ignoring the weak mobs in favour of doing big damage rotations on the strongest. And even there, it will probably work better if you just get close enough to the tank that the AE damage being splashed around will pull it back off you.
your a) and/or b) points is what usually happens. except I don't always have the luxury of running in, because I'm too busy trying to keep the group alive, because my invincibility bubble is already on cooldown, because I don't have enough powerful instant heals to start running and keep running while hoping SOMEONE will notice that I'm being attacked, or AoE takes care of it. at least if my knockback disrupts their precious rotations, they might notice that something is not right >_> (yes, I'm occasionally that petty, but only rarely)

I have more good pugs then bad, but its still people who are not used to playing together - playing together. so..

Stuffedduck
07.03.2013 , 07:35 PM | #445
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
argghh... I hate assassins dps that do that knockback when I'm tanking. I sometimes would charge on that mob that's kinda alone and push him toward the rest of the pack, so when I have them all neatly packed together for both effective aoe and aggro control, bummmm ! knockback ! W T F
While tanking, especially on my guardian I hate ... yes my guardian hates ... every single player who thinks knockbacks are kewl to use while I try to keep the mobs on me ... nothing more amusing to me than seeing my main target get 'force pushed' away from me (while I try to keep the interrupts up on him) or sages(yes sages) running into melee range and scatter the whole pack of mobs all over the place, and lucky me: as guardian I have such wonderful (mid)ranged AoE abilities .... not.

These are days I am considering to just run as dps and go on /follow.

artikulieren
07.04.2013 , 11:02 AM | #446
21. People with titles like 'Historic' or 'Living Legend' that lull you into the belief that they know their role only to bring it all crashing down when they do things so stupid, you wonder how much they paid for the account.

And it seems like it's a general consensus. I was beginning to wonder if there were tanks out there that were grateful after each and every botched pull thanks to knockback. The jury is in though, and the verdict is: None whatsoever.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
and I have a feeling that your trusted sages/sorcs may occasionally use it in flashpoints, you just don't notice, because they time it and place it in a way that doesn't disrupt the run
Ok I will give you that, even though tanking 75% of the time is really just synonymous with people watching. But you said it yourself, and the key phrase here is; "in a way that doesn't disrupt the run". All my complaints stem from the exact opposite of that phrase.

Nadisu
07.04.2013 , 12:31 PM | #447
21. People with titles like 'Historic' or 'Living Legend' that lull you into the belief that they know their role only to bring it all crashing down when they do things so stupid, you wonder how much they paid for the account.
Actually those titles don't really have anything to with flashpoints, so you can't judge a persons perfomance by those titles, not even to judge wether or not s/he knows the class and role. Just that he has lvl'd his legacy accordingly.
You can get to legacy 50 just by lvl''ing alts and/or dailies.Yes, fp's can help, but they are not needed.

(sorry for the little detour. Otherwise enjoying this thread. )

artikulieren
07.04.2013 , 02:35 PM | #448
Quote: Originally Posted by Nadisu View Post
Actually those titles don't really have anything to with flashpoints, so you can't judge a persons perfomance by those titles, not even to judge wether or not s/he knows the class and role. Just that he has lvl'd his legacy accordingly.
You can get to legacy 50 just by lvl''ing alts and/or dailies.Yes, fp's can help, but they are not needed.

(sorry for the little detour. Otherwise enjoying this thread. )

While you are right. I don't think I'm expecting too much of them to know that if they roll as a healer, they heal and if they roll as a DPS they DPS. While knowledge of flashpoints/ops might not be common knowledge if they've never run it before, it doesn't mean that they can also be excused from not knowing how their healing rotation works or that their DPS is severely lacking because they haven't a clue what spells to use.

The "Living Legend" I met cast Lightning Strike non-stop, it was the only thing he cast aside from Force Storm every time there was more than one mob around. At first I wasn't sure what spec he was in but saw his instant Chain Lightning proc that never got used.

Tell me you don't think he/she bought his account. If he was trolling the group, he did a fine job, since we took 2x longer to complete the flashpoint during double exp. Or maybe he was just a genius that discovered the new best build? Lightning Strike into oblivion? Might get 3000 DPS on TorParse eh? Maybe then he might become a real legend.

ToMyMa
07.04.2013 , 03:49 PM | #449
While you are right. I don't think I'm expecting too much of them to know that if they roll as a healer, they heal and if they roll as a DPS they DPS. While knowledge of flashpoints/ops might not be common knowledge if they've never run it before, it doesn't mean that they can also be excused from not knowing how their healing rotation works or that their DPS is severely lacking because they haven't a clue what spells to use.

The "Living Legend" I met cast Lightning Strike non-stop, it was the only thing he cast aside from Force Storm every time there was more than one mob around. At first I wasn't sure what spec he was in but saw his instant Chain Lightning proc that never got used.

Tell me you don't think he/she bought his account. If he was trolling the group, he did a fine job, since we took 2x longer to complete the flashpoint during double exp. Or maybe he was just a genius that discovered the new best build? Lightning Strike into oblivion? Might get 3000 DPS on TorParse eh? Maybe then he might become a real legend.
Maybe a bit off-topic, but on ToFN there is a warlord... Historic and all, but keyturns, clicks and doesn't interrupt. I swear, that dude must've bought that account...

I asked him why he spammed his basic attack (he was in ataru form, sent) and he said 'Do you know anything better? No? Then ****'
Elite Warlord Tanvir
Techfreak
Return of Yavin
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Sorei
07.04.2013 , 04:26 PM | #450
Quote: Originally Posted by Stuffedduck View Post
These are days I am considering to just run as dps and go on /follow.
Then you'll get one of those tanks who think it's sufficient to attack one mob... and who isn't capable of keeping the first boss in Mandalorian Raiders FP away from the healer even if he's not carbonized....
And who doesn't even notice that half the bosses during the second boss encounter are attacking the healer since he's got no threat built up on them...so I, the poor Op DD have to tank them...
At least our healer was very good.
If I had been the healer, I would have let the tank die for constantly letting the mobs attack me.