Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Unbiased review on Pot5 and The Bastion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Unbiased review on Pot5 and The Bastion

Frankenseuss's Avatar


Frankenseuss
07.03.2013 , 03:43 PM | #41
While this was all in good spirit could we revert back to the original topic of discussion?

K_osss's Avatar


K_osss
07.03.2013 , 04:42 PM | #42
I appreciate the opinionon both servers from someone who has some experience on both. Thanks for that.

As to posting pictures of any type that's up to you but I don't see much good coming out of it. Your call.

Frankenseuss's Avatar


Frankenseuss
07.03.2013 , 04:57 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by K_osss View Post
I appreciate the opinionon both servers from someone who has some experience on both. Thanks for that.

As to posting pictures of any type that's up to you but I don't see much good coming out of it. Your call.
Absolutely, you're very welcome. I'm trying to bring out the good of both servers so people can decide for themselves which server they would like to play on, instead of choosing the wrong one as a result of hate between the two.

Boch's Avatar


Boch
07.03.2013 , 05:16 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Frankenseuss View Post
Absolutely, you're very welcome. I'm trying to bring out the good of both servers so people can decide for themselves which server they would like to play on, instead of choosing the wrong one as a result of hate between the two.
I have 2 questions:

1. Have you played at least 1 regular 55 WZ on both servers?
2. Have you played at least 1 RWZ on both servers?
Konts of <Ascension>
Rolling with a pocket guard since 2.0.

Frankenseuss's Avatar


Frankenseuss
07.03.2013 , 05:23 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Boch View Post
I have 2 questions:

1. Have you played at least 1 regular 55 WZ on both servers?
2. Have you played at least 1 RWZ on both servers?
1) no
2) several on both.

That's why I mainly put an emphasis on leveling brackets queue time.

ChickenWangs's Avatar


ChickenWangs
07.03.2013 , 06:11 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Frankenseuss View Post
1) no
2) several on both.

That's why I mainly put an emphasis on leveling brackets queue time.
See there is the problem right there. You never played 55 pvp. I am on POT5 (considering transferring). Want to know why? Republic pvp is awful at 55. 800k damage done, lose. 700k, lose. 750k, lose. Republic teams are so dumb and half the guilds who claim to be pvp guilds are terrible. Granted there are a few gems in the pvp guilds, but (since I can't name specific guilds) there are many bad casual guilds with 300+ members. I used to be a member of one of those bad guilds. They said they were solid ranked players, and they wanted me to "try out." After losing 4 times (every time I topped dps) they said they would like me to join.

Now if you join Empire on the other hand, you will feel like sunshine and daisies. Roll the worst spec in the game and you can still win. Pre-2.0 I could do 500k on an Arsenal specced merc as imp. Pubs were so terrible they never shot at me.

As for the Bastion I have no comment on the matter because I never played there.
The Dominator Legacy
Robertson - Vanguard
Markussemaj - Mercenary
Jamesemaj - Sentinel

Frankenseuss's Avatar


Frankenseuss
07.03.2013 , 06:17 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by ChickenWangs View Post
See there is the problem right there. You never played 55 pvp. I am on POT5 (considering transferring). Want to know why? Republic pvp is awful at 55. 800k damage done, lose. 700k, lose. 750k, lose. Republic teams are so dumb and half the guilds who claim to be pvp guilds are terrible. Granted there are a few gems in the pvp guilds, but (since I can't name specific guilds) there are many bad casual guilds with 300+ members. I used to be a member of one of those bad guilds. They said they were solid ranked players, and they wanted me to "try out." After losing 4 times (every time I topped dps) they said they would like me to join.

Now if you join Empire on the other hand, you will feel like sunshine and daisies. Roll the worst spec in the game and you can still win. Pre-2.0 I could do 500k on an Arsenal specced merc as imp. Pubs were so terrible they never shot at me.

As for the Bastion I have no comment on the matter because I never played there.
You're right, I haven't participated in it, I've got no problem admitting that. It's just that with the general public's opinion on the current state of PvP, most of the people I see on the fleet are alts. People tend to prefer playing lowbie PvP right now, so that's the reason I focused so hard on that part

Skyhigh's Avatar


Skyhigh
07.03.2013 , 09:38 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by ChickenWangs View Post
See there is the problem right there. You never played 55 pvp. I am on POT5 (considering transferring). Want to know why? Republic pvp is awful at 55. 800k damage done, lose. 700k, lose. 750k, lose. Republic teams are so dumb and half the guilds who claim to be pvp guilds are terrible. Granted there are a few gems in the pvp guilds, but (since I can't name specific guilds) there are many bad casual guilds with 300+ members. I used to be a member of one of those bad guilds. They said they were solid ranked players, and they wanted me to "try out." After losing 4 times (every time I topped dps) they said they would like me to join.

Now if you join Empire on the other hand, you will feel like sunshine and daisies. Roll the worst spec in the game and you can still win. Pre-2.0 I could do 500k on an Arsenal specced merc as imp. Pubs were so terrible they never shot at me.

As for the Bastion I have no comment on the matter because I never played there.
I have never ever seen those names in a wz. Ever. Not one time. Ever. Like, never ever.
BKSNPOT5
Imbrue - Scoundrel / Barricade - Vanguard / Ohshii - Shadow

Frankenseuss's Avatar


Frankenseuss
07.03.2013 , 09:44 PM | #49
But seriously, no I don't have experience with level 55 warzones. I only had experience with 50 warzones back during 1.1-1.2, during the good old days of Ajunta Pall PvP. I came back after all of the server merges happened, about a month and a half ago to be honest, and found myself on the shadowlands and pot5. That was when I started doing my homework, reading forums, watching videos posted by people from both servers, and what ultimately made my decision was Cilas' world PvP events. I love some warzones don't get me wrong, but I also love some OWPvP. Like the days of Stranglethorn Vale PvP in WoW

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
07.03.2013 , 09:55 PM | #50
Are you on the west coast? Go to bastion. Are you on the east coast? Go to PoT5...there, problem solved, unless of course you like the 3 hour time difference and the 150+ ping instead of 30ish ping.