Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Alderaan Speeder Change

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Alderaan Speeder Change

Trooperclay
07.03.2013 , 01:33 PM | #1
This may seem petty, but i think the new change of not being able to ride a speeder to the side turrets in the alderaan warzone is kind of annoying. Having it around helped me with the warzone a bit. However, I havent been on the PTS, so id like everyone, especially the PTS people who've done Alderaan Civil War, to tell me what they think.
Captain Tavv March- Republic Special Forces: Atlas Squad
Baclar March, Founder- Imperial Intelligence
Master Jax-Clay March- Jedi Order

cycao
07.03.2013 , 01:45 PM | #2
They removed them in 1.2 I think and had them put back in about a week after it went live. I think its a good change. For ranked it means that going to the off node is now a viable option if you have a strong stealth who can 1v1. To many games I have seen gone 20+ minutes because no one can cap mid.

IGotRawr
07.03.2013 , 02:27 PM | #3
Indeed, anything to get rid of those lame stalemates at mid. Ranked CW to this point was a matter of capping the offnode first.
"Treat the wound, don't poke at it like an impatient Jawa!"

Capt_Beers
07.03.2013 , 02:33 PM | #4
I can see a lot of games with 8 names on one side of the scoreboard and 15 on the other as lone PUG guards get shredded by Deception Sins in already losing matches.

I think this is a good change for ranked games and closely matched games in regs but for the under geared/skilled/experienced teams going against better ones in regs it's going to be miserable. If the other team has 2 Sins and an Op (which if your a Pub on the POT5 they will) and you have none that WZ is as good as over. In that situation even if you only have the one node you are going to need to leave three people there.

I haven't tested it so I'm just guessing but I think it's a good change for the WZ in general but if you are going to continue to get coordinated pre-mades banging out the weekly against uncoordinated teams it's going to be brutal.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

Mikeieveli
07.03.2013 , 02:55 PM | #5
good change it gets rid of stalemates, now if they could do something about NC.
Durkheimedes: Fear the Purple and Gold
Hoth Ski Patrol
Pot5

Trooperclay
07.03.2013 , 03:00 PM | #6
Yeah, this warzone is pretty plagued by stalemates, but ive seen some that were grass and/or snow. Continue.
Captain Tavv March- Republic Special Forces: Atlas Squad
Baclar March, Founder- Imperial Intelligence
Master Jax-Clay March- Jedi Order

Frankenseuss
07.03.2013 , 03:25 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Trooperclay View Post
Yeah, this warzone is pretty plagued by stalemates, but ive seen some that were grass and/or snow. Continue.
If you see them at grass or snow, then a stealthie could easily go snag the other side node if he/she has the element of surprise. And they wouldn't be able to take the speeder to help the other side, they'd have to hoof it. Great change.

cycao
07.03.2013 , 05:12 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Frankenseuss View Post
If you see them at grass or snow, then a stealthie could easily go snag the other side node if he/she has the element of surprise. And they wouldn't be able to take the speeder to help the other side, they'd have to hoof it. Great change.
Yeah CW is going to put a lot more emphasis on good node guarding, it used to be one of the easiest but now like HG its going to require a great deal of awareness and early call outs or stealth will have it made.