Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best 1v1 Dueler class in 1v1 ("Melee only")

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Best 1v1 Dueler class in 1v1 ("Melee only")

DimeStax
06.28.2013 , 10:33 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
that post was missing *in my opinion*
note he placed tank sin as 2? and veng jugg as 6?

aside, this was MELE list, mercenary and sorcs are hardly MELE.
Regardless, you would be hard pressed to find a Scoundrel Healer not in the top 3 of any Class/Spec Best Dueling list with most people putting them at 1 or 2.
Sakz <Good Talk> 55 Guardian - The Bastion
Dimes <Good Talk> 55 Gunslinger - The Bastion
Six-t'nine<Synergy> 55 Commando - The Bastion
Nickels <Synergy> 36 Scoundrel - The Bastion

RodneyMcNeely
07.03.2013 , 03:50 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Luckeyduckey View Post
1. Op Healer
2. Tank Sin
3. Deception Sin
4. Annihi Mara
5. Conc. Operative
6. Veng. Jugg

Those are the best. Some are better against some classes, some worse.

*Note* This is at EQUAL skill level. A bad Mara/Sin/Op can easily be beaten by a Jugg/PT/MErc/Sorc w/e
Shadow/Assassin tanks are as good in a duel as Infiltration/Deception? Don't get me wrong, Kinetic Combat is my favorite spec in the game. But I don't see how in the world you'll be killing healers in a post 2.0 environment, even in full DPS gear.

If there's a way to make it happen, I'm your eager student.

Luckeyduckey
07.03.2013 , 04:03 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by RodneyMcNeely View Post
Shadow/Assassin tanks are as good in a duel as Infiltration/Deception? Don't get me wrong, Kinetic Combat is my favorite spec in the game. But I don't see how in the world you'll be killing healers in a post 2.0 environment, even in full DPS gear.

If there's a way to make it happen, I'm your eager student.
Against a healer? No, but I find Deception fairly easy to kite, and is really squishy. I find the Tank sin better against other DPS/tanks, but yeah, if you're looking to fight healers, Deception.

Xertasian
07.03.2013 , 04:18 PM | #74
best 1 vs 1 class melee and overall is a vengeance jug or vigilance guardian..deception sin don't stand a chance against one who know how to play the class..having a fully conqueor min/max sin im speaking for experience..no other melee class or spec will give me trouble besides the jug and guardian..

they hit hard takes a crap load of damage and wear heavy armor..guardian probably wont win the fast fight but they have the skills to win the war..
Back streaming again http://twitch.tv/Xertasian

PlayAndrzej
07.08.2013 , 04:30 AM | #75
I dont want to start another topic, so I ask here. What about Anni/Watchman Mara/Sent in 1vs1 fights? Can he stand against Vigilance Guardian? What class/spec is better for 1vs1 pvp: Annihilation Mara or Vigilance Guardian?

kweassa
07.08.2013 , 06:04 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by PlayAndrzej View Post
I dont want to start another topic, so I ask here. What about Anni/Watchman Mara/Sent in 1vs1 fights? Can he stand against Vigilance Guardian? What class/spec is better for 1vs1 pvp: Annihilation Mara or Vigilance Guardian?
Anni/Watchman was THE best in the olden days before the slight nerf. IIRC the first ever winner of a player-organized tournament was a annihilation marauder. That was way back at something like v1.2.

As a rule of thumb, DoT-heavy classes are extremely advantageous in 1vs1 dueling scenarios, especially against melees. The one problem is that Jugg/Guardians are not just plain any ol' melees, but melees with the most various forms of control available in the game and tend to be extremely versatile.

It'd come down to how often and decisively the sent/mara would be able to "take enough time" and kite well enough... since the mainstay of anni/watchman is internal/elemental damage, that also helps immensely.

Still, I'd bet a 6:4 ... or maybe 5.5 : 4.5 advantage to the Jugg/Guardian. Unless you manage well enough to make him blow/waste major cooldowns without any real profit, its a tough fight. It also partially depends on whether you hit Pacify at the right timing or not -- since the power has "Master Strike/Ravage neuterer" written all over it.
"90% of PvP complaints come from people that are thoroughly unqualified to comment about anything in the first place. Stop assuming that you are a good player, then an answer will come; why you die so often, why you are CCd so often, and why you complain about healers so often - You're simply a bad player. Harsh truth."

WillHolmes
07.09.2013 , 08:59 AM | #77
Those who are saying Op healer have no IDEA cause sins are the OP healer killers lol, we open with a stun, do 10k damage, we stun again, do 10-12k more damage and THEN, GUESS WHAT, we stunn you again and do 15k damage, if all fails we cloak, use assasinate and our burst and do another 20k in the following 4.5s lol

Recklessness
STUN +6% damage
7k Discharge
2.5k Voltaic
2.5k Voltaic
7k Shock
7k Maul
STUN
7k Maul
7k (if assasinate is up) if not SLOW then ...
CLOAK
Recklessness
STUN + 6% damage
7k Discharge
7k Shock
7k Assainate

those op healers died a long time ago and love destroying them in match
Shadowlands - Chandrian

Toasterman - Heal MercHanjabba - Madness Sin
10/10 DF/DP NIM

cycao
07.09.2013 , 09:11 AM | #78
What assassins pop recklessness and waste a charge on our hard stun? Also don't open with spike either even though it will proc dupicity, its best just to keep that in your back pocket for when the healer gets low and you can use your combat stealth+spike and go into maul then which will also reset your recklessness or get it close enough to off cooldown.

WillHolmes
07.09.2013 , 10:51 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
What assassins pop recklessness and waste a charge on our hard stun? Also don't open with spike either even though it will proc dupicity, its best just to keep that in your back pocket for when the healer gets low and you can use your combat stealth+spike and go into maul then which will also reset your recklessness or get it close enough to off cooldown.
talking 1v1 situations, that 1st stun is spike, so it wont waste reklessness (our 3 stacks would be, discharge, shock and 1/2 shock)

outside of 1v1 yes id save the spike, BUT in 1v1 u want spike, lowslash, electrocute (all 3 fit inside resolve bar in this order)

edit ah yes 2nd recklessness with electocute, yea i hear ya but by that point id assume they died BEFORE i had to cloak to finish them off, thats more if i give someone time to heal most people are dead by the 2nd maul.
Shadowlands - Chandrian

Toasterman - Heal MercHanjabba - Madness Sin
10/10 DF/DP NIM

PoliteAssasin
07.09.2013 , 12:08 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by PlayAndrzej View Post
Anni marauder hands down. But they have to be be properly geared. None of that pure power/surge and no crit crap.
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!