Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A 'noobs' PVP guide for 'noobs' (long read)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
A 'noobs' PVP guide for 'noobs' (long read)

SlimsPicken
07.03.2013 , 09:53 AM | #11
Ignoring bads is a good way to fill up your ignore list very very quickly.

But the good news is it barely affects WZ gameplay at all, because bads dont call incs anyways.

I never /ignore anyone, because i love the drama in game. Stupid people say the funniest things.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

BilmiShywat
07.03.2013 , 03:29 PM | #12
New to MMOs, thank you for the write up, very helpful. Was thinking of trying PVP in warzones, so I should not beings I'm only level 40 Sin and 19 Van? Wait till 55 to PVP? Trying to learn, thanks.

Boch
07.03.2013 , 03:46 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by BilmiShywat View Post
New to MMOs, thank you for the write up, very helpful. Was thinking of trying PVP in warzones, so I should not beings I'm only level 40 Sin and 19 Van? Wait till 55 to PVP? Trying to learn, thanks.
PvP as much as you can before you hit 55, learn the maps and your class. But if you want to be some what competive at 55 there is work that needs to be done.
Konts of <Ascension>
Rolling with a pocket guard since 2.0.

Wainamoinen
07.03.2013 , 06:22 PM | #14
The reverse. Earn comms, learn your class, the maps, and PvP in general before hitting 55, to prepare you for it in the lowbie brackets.

idt: and good job to OP on doing a guide that might be useful to fellow newbies
It's a small world and it smells funny, I'd buy another if it wasn't for the money.
Ilmarinen 55 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

BilmiShywat
07.03.2013 , 07:52 PM | #15
Thank you, appreciate that. Just starting to get comfortable playing but have been hesitant to do PVP, don't want to screw things up for others. Thanks again.

Boch
07.03.2013 , 08:19 PM | #16
Thank you, appreciate that. Just starting to get comfortable playing but have been hesitant to do PVP, don't want to screw things up for others. Thanks again.
I wouldn't worry to much, its the best place to learn and the low bracket is filled with all kinds of derp. If you wait till 55 to learn you will get facerolled and make many noob mistakes leading some people on your team calling you out.
Konts of <Ascension>
Rolling with a pocket guard since 2.0.