Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vanguard/Powertech Rebalancing?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Vanguard/Powertech Rebalancing?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ottoattack
07.01.2013 , 11:20 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DerTaran View Post
Vanguard/Powertech was the Fotm class for about a Year, and now it is just fine (maybe they nerfed it a little too much). Overall I think balance is quite good and never was better.
Lol? Did you ever even play PT before? I will put it simple, as it stands in dps they are before last in PvE with a big margin from the top parsers (around 15-20%). In PvP there dps is not any better, because burst was burned to the ground and survivability is pretty terrible, making them in solid 8th position among all AC classes.

The only redeeming quality is that the tank is reasonable in both PvE and PvP (but Jugg tank is better). So I am not sure how " balance is quite good and never was better."

Chickensevil
07.01.2013 , 01:41 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ottoattack View Post
Lol? Did you ever even play PT before? I will put it simple, as it stands in dps they are before last in PvE with a big margin from the top parsers (around 15-20%). In PvP there dps is not any better, because burst was burned to the ground and survivability is pretty terrible, making them in solid 8th position among all AC classes.

The only redeeming quality is that the tank is reasonable in both PvE and PvP (but Jugg tank is better). So I am not sure how " balance is quite good and never was better."
Obviously not, his is level 24.
Quote:
First man says to the second man: Why are you hitting your head against the wall over and over?
Second man responds: Because it feels so good when I stop
Zetliam - Empire - Bounty Hunter - Pot5
Armory

OldTEX
07.01.2013 , 04:49 PM | #13
I would Like to take my Pyro PT into Raids again and not feel like im the most useless DPS there, I know that its how you play the class that matters but Even then I've been kicked from raids because of the fact that my class "isn't one of the best classes" so "why should we take you?" The issue was not bringing PT's down to the same level as the other Tank/Heal and DPS AC's but You guys over did it. That causes more people to roll more Flavor of the Month Classes so they can raid and not feel useless which is inherently wrong because this game should be played in the Spec you want from the class you want.

Luxidenstore
07.03.2013 , 02:25 PM | #14
So it seems like Shadow tanks got a response. Apparently you have to wave a glowstick around to get the proper attention.

Consider it waved.
Only healed myself to 99% - FAIL!

Philmors
07.03.2013 , 04:35 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Luxidenstore View Post
So it seems like Shadow tanks got a response. Apparently you have to wave a glowstick around to get the proper attention.

Consider it waved.
Better wave it again just to be sure they see it.

Sad thing is that while I can get plenty of medals in PVP pugs on my vanguard but it really feels like I'm more of a waste of space to the team than anything else since I no longer have good burst and my dps isn't good in the first place.

Qaoz
07.03.2013 , 05:26 PM | #16
Overall I think balance is quite good and never was better.
Oh, you so funny.

You know what's even more funny? 20 seconds of CC immunity every 45 seconds. That's comedy gold.
If only I'd hit spacebar more often...

DerTaran
07.04.2013 , 01:14 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Qaoz View Post
Oh, you so funny.

You know what's even more funny? 20 seconds of CC immunity every 45 seconds. That's comedy gold.
Overall I've said, not everywhere. Compare to pre 2.0 balance is now much better, not perfect but better. Of cause, you can't agree to it, pre 2.0 you were FOTM for more than a year.
B'zycon Legacy @ JAR'KAI SWORD
Turan 55 Commando; Orotan 55 Sentinel; Taark 50 Scoundrel; Orokriste 27 Shadow; Annakami 41 Vanguard
Amitha 50 Sorcerer; Fanalba17 Sniper

Nous voulons le retour de notre CM! Wir wollen unseren CM zurück! We want our CM back!

Philmors
07.04.2013 , 05:28 AM | #18
Overall I've said, not everywhere. Compare to pre 2.0 balance is now much better, not perfect but better. Of cause, you can't agree to it, pre 2.0 you were FOTM for more than a year.
That doesn't mean any class deserves to be in a crappy state like powertech bounty hunters and vanguard troopers are. Hell even shadow/assassin tanks need some help.

ceelaniri
07.04.2013 , 06:00 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Philmors View Post
Better wave it again just to be sure they see it.

Sad thing is that while I can get plenty of medals in PVP pugs on my vanguard but it really feels like I'm more of a waste of space to the team than anything else since I no longer have good burst and my dps isn't good in the first place.
+1, I dont really feel that the DPS spec of PT have an impact anymore in pvp compared to what other classes can do.

Rewaving the PT glowbat!!

Masamoto Pentesilhea

Master-Nala
07.04.2013 , 08:14 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Philmors View Post
Can a vanguard/powertech even get a 6k crit? I never had on my vanguard so far and that pretty does seem a bit unfair that the vanguard/powertech cannot get that 6k crit medal in pvp.
I regularly get it on a HiB crit on my Vanguard. Just about every game. But then I do target the cloth wearer for that specific purpose!