Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kicking from group...?


Icestar's Avatar


Icestar
07.03.2013 , 05:24 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Vousdusky View Post
Solution Found:

Always queue up with a friend, so you don't have to worry about being kicked, ever.
A better solution, queue up late at night or even during the night, if your work/studies allow it.

Much more mature players online then, I rarely encounter any problems that are quite common during the day
"Though free to think and act, we are held together, like the stars in the firmament, with ties inseparable. These ties cannot, be seen, but, we can feel them"
- Nikola Tesla

Atramar's Avatar


Atramar
07.03.2013 , 05:35 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
A better solution, queue up late at night or even during the night, if your work/studies allow it.

Much more mature players online then, I rarely encounter any problems that are quite common during the day
solution 3: add them to ignore.
life is to short to deal with stupid.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Gloomycakes's Avatar


Gloomycakes
07.03.2013 , 06:19 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Vousdusky View Post
Solution Found:

Always queue up with a friend, so you don't have to worry about being kicked, ever.
Add an 'S' or this is incorrect. Only 2 votes are needed to kick a player even when someone votes 'don't kick' which is a pretty pathetic system tbh. I'm still pissed a Tank got kicked out of my group for 'suggesting' that they'd actually spec as what they queue for after enduring their horribly low DPS for the whole flashpoint because they were specced as Tank and Healer, just changed their Cell. No curse words, just friendly advice, boom, kick... And nothing I could do. Ofcourse it gives you the power the other way around.

Nkya's Avatar


Nkya
07.03.2013 , 07:02 AM | #14
Better to not extrapolate what's the hidden reasons of the other group members with so few one sided information, IMHO.

Sirokai's Avatar


Sirokai
07.03.2013 , 09:12 AM | #15
-I did curse previously once, and nothing was said.
-I didn't do any weird combination of letters+symbols to bypass the language filters
-I got whispers from both of the other individuals who didn't initiate the kick apologizing for the tank being like that
-I was being a good healer. -__- I wasn't pulling for the tank, I wasn't attacking CC'd mobs, and I actually hadn't rolled on anything that dropped in that flashpoint.

Sooooo, ya. I don't know. I put the tank on ignore but that was still dumb. /annoyedforhours

EDIT: The kick system in this game seems pretty... awful. =/
EDIT2: I'm actually deployed atm so the times I get on are limited and the amount of time I have is even more limited which is why this was so frustrating. =P
Sith Sorcerer (Pandemonium) - Female, Sith Pureblood; Imperial Agent (Sidelined) - Male, Chiss; Jedi Knight (Lamuh) - Male, Sith Pureblood; Trooper (Khaligto) - Female, Mirialin

Atramar's Avatar


Atramar
07.03.2013 , 09:13 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Sirokai View Post
-I did curse previously once, and nothing was said.
-I didn't do any weird combination of letters+symbols to bypass the language filters
-I got whispers from both of the other individuals who didn't initiate the kick apologizing for the tank being like that
-I was being a good healer. -__- I wasn't pulling for the tank, I wasn't attacking CC'd mobs, and I actually hadn't rolled on anything that dropped in that flashpoint.

Sooooo, ya. I don't know. I put the tank on ignore but that was still dumb. /annoyedforhours

EDIT: The kick system in this game seems pretty... awful. =/
if you got pms from both dpses , who voted for a kick?
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Sirokai's Avatar


Sirokai
07.03.2013 , 09:14 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
if you got pms from both dpses , who voted for a kick?
The tank did the initial kick, and idk who did the second vote to kick (does there have to be one..?).
Sith Sorcerer (Pandemonium) - Female, Sith Pureblood; Imperial Agent (Sidelined) - Male, Chiss; Jedi Knight (Lamuh) - Male, Sith Pureblood; Trooper (Khaligto) - Female, Mirialin

Atramar's Avatar


Atramar
07.03.2013 , 09:22 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Sirokai View Post
The tank did the initial kick, and idk who did the second vote to kick (does there have to be one..?).
yeah, one needs to accept it, if both didn't want to kick you, they shouldn't click 'agreed'...
but hey, tools happen, keep it bright
you /ignore on the tank so don't worry, pool of tools is big, but amount of guys kicking for no reason isn't.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

JamieKirby's Avatar


JamieKirby
07.03.2013 , 09:47 AM | #19
Another reason why I stick to guild runs, grouping with random people just isn't worth the time it takes to find a group 30mins+ as a dps and when the wait is over, then there is a 50-50 chance of either the tank or healer or both leaving for dying once, despite the reason for death as lag or an overconfident tank and healer or a newbie mistake, either way, they leave and if they don't leave they demand that a dps get kicked or they leave, no matter the cause of their death.

Either way, I prefer to group with people that are emotionally and mentally grown up, I play this game for fun and entertainment, not to experience a childish, emotional hissy fit.

Now you learnt the lesson, stick to guild runs. :-)

AlrikFassbauer's Avatar


AlrikFassbauer
07.05.2013 , 05:38 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by znihilist View Post
If they were willing to tolerate him the entire FP for that and kick him before loot then they are still guilty.
Yes, it gets fishy if they were tolerating him through the whole FP - just until the end.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)