Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[PvE Guide] What responsibilities do you have during a Flashpoint?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
[PvE Guide] What responsibilities do you have during a Flashpoint?

MorgothPl
07.02.2013 , 02:51 AM | #11
Just one thing to add - "mark the target you are going to CC". That really helps for DPS / tank, to know which mob you are going to put to sleep

SpoeMeister
07.02.2013 , 02:56 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgothPl View Post
Just one thing to add - "mark the target you are going to CC". That really helps for DPS / tank, to know which mob you are going to put to sleep
I can't believe I didn't put that in there! Thanks
Everything will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not yet the end.

Spivak Legacy (ToFN)
SpoeMeister Orrusos Do'chan Nadobo

Nkya
07.02.2013 , 03:06 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Margoth View Post
I'd also amend the healer "Keep the tank at max" to "keep the tank alive". A good healer will judge where to keep the tank to avoid even coming close to death and do other things accordingly.
Max health is the best, even if not always necessary, but just "alive" isn't good.

When the tanks are low health, they might trigger their longest cooldown or check closely what's going on with the healer in case they are attacked by surprise or something, leading to unnecessary distraction or avoiding they pull yet another annoying mob.

In a PUG, you might be a good healer, the tank doesn't know it (yet.) They'll know it near the end, meanwhile show you can make the tank happy.

SpoeMeister
07.02.2013 , 03:15 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Nkya View Post
Max health is the best, even if not always necessary, but just "alive" isn't good.

When the tanks are low health, they might trigger their longest cooldown or check closely what's going on with the healer in case they are attacked by surprise or something, leading to unnecessary distraction or avoiding they pull yet another annoying mob.

In a PUG, you might be a good healer, the tank doesn't know it (yet.) They'll know it near the end, meanwhile show you can make the tank happy.
Agreed. This guide is written with the worst case scenario in mind: 3 or 4 players that have no clue how to tackle challenging group content and do not have the gear to make up for it. Keeping the tank at max will enable him to be more relaxed and hopefully perform better. If they can't handle stress, that's when you wipe. Is it the tank's fault? Probably, but can you blame him? He just doesn't know what to do. Setting out baseline rules can help this "Worst pug ever" into a semi-succesful group.

Spivak Legacy (ToFN)

JouerTue
07.02.2013 , 04:55 AM | #15
all over the whole pack of FPs i think there aren't more than 3-4 pulls where a cc is needed( assuming that group has right rating) the rest is mainly to skip :-D

SpoeMeister
07.02.2013 , 05:16 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by JouerTue View Post
all over the whole pack of FPs i think there aren't more than 3-4 pulls where a cc is needed( assuming that group has right rating) the rest is mainly to skip :-D
Agreed on that with your assumption. I will update the guide to clarify that based on your gear level, some points are valid or not.

Thanks! I think the guide is coming along greatly!

Spivak Legacy (ToFN)

Kufuffelupagus
07.02.2013 , 07:14 PM | #17
It's coming along well OP, and everyone's made great additions.

I just wanted to say to previous and future posters to keep the target audience in mind- people who haven't done group content a lot. As OP has said, think about worst case scenario. For example, I'd be a lot less mad if someone CC'd too many things than if we wiped and a CC could have prevented that.

SpoeMeister
07.03.2013 , 01:24 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Kufuffelupagus View Post
It's coming along well OP, and everyone's made great additions.

I just wanted to say to previous and future posters to keep the target audience in mind- people who haven't done group content a lot. As OP has said, think about worst case scenario. For example, I'd be a lot less mad if someone CC'd too many things than if we wiped and a CC could have prevented that.
Thanks for the support! I think it looks great already.

If there are Mercenaries and Juggernauts out there that could check their section and suggest additions/changes, I'd be most pleased. I have virtually no experience with those two classes as of yet (Jugg is below 20 and still need to make a merc).

Spivak Legacy (ToFN)

DarthSpekulatius
07.03.2013 , 03:24 AM | #19
since the tread isn't imp only adding Rep AC names would be nice
Spoiler

also... please remove
Quote:
Assassins
At the start of each encounter, Whirlwind 1 elite mob or higher.
don't ask why just do it
Spoiler

Quote:
Healer
Keep tank up to the max
! but do not screwup your Energy on Overheal !
Spoiler

Quote:
Always heal up in between encounters. The moment you are out of combat, you should first spend a few seconds to use your out of combat heal to regain strength.
I'd recommend to watch the Healer, he/she is responsible for the group health.
if the healer stays and regenerates, do so yourself.
as long as the rule "the tank is the one who initiates the fight" is understood, if the healer moves on, do so as well.
Spoiler

SpoeMeister
07.03.2013 , 03:44 AM | #20
Thank you for this feedback! I've been meaning to add in the Rep counterparts at some point, so I'll do that asap.

You are clearly more experienced in Assassin gameplay than I am, so I will take note of your remarks and change the guide as such.

This is a nice addition:

- The tank decides when the next encounter takes place.
- The healer decides if the group can go on after each encounter.

Once I have more time this afternoon, I will make the changes! Great stuff, man!

Spivak Legacy (ToFN)