Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

bring in auto attacking?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
bring in auto attacking?

Heathenblood
06.30.2013 , 10:29 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by zebrawizard View Post
certain classes that cast, feel fine as they are actively doing something per second.

however certain classes which rely on their "auto attack ability" feel slow and clunky, wouldnt it be possible to give these classes auto attack, while removing their "standard attack" so it feels more like your damaging but activating special abilities whilst attacking?

or is this concept too much

Why not just take out the whole middle ground and make it all auto attacks then you wouldn't have to move a finger to push an ability it just kills it for you whilst you afk. It's really not that hard to push your standard in between.

Maybe try Runescape? The whole thing is auto attacks don't even need to press any abilities. Though its kind of a boring game now used to play it obsessively in middle school then they got rid of the wild so I quit. Tried coming back several times after they re intruduced the wild but it just wasn't the same.
-Heathenblood

Darth_Dreselus
06.30.2013 , 10:41 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Heathenblood View Post
Why not just take out the whole middle ground and make it all auto attacks then you wouldn't have to move a finger to push an ability it just kills it for you whilst you afk. It's really not that hard to push your standard in between.

Maybe try Runescape? The whole thing is auto attacks don't even need to press any abilities. Though its kind of a boring game now used to play it obsessively in middle school then they got rid of the wild so I quit. Tried coming back several times after they re intruduced the wild but it just wasn't the same.
Actually it now has abilities.

Regardless auto attack is pointless considering most classes only us base every 4-5 CD and Sages do not use it at all. Even then the game is asking you to push a button about every 1.5s, hardly a feat. I spam abilities as GCD is about to end just to keep my APM up so i don't fall asleep.
The Last Centurions Derpyn - Sage / Toughen - Vanguard / Bluffin - Scoundrel / Roughen - Sentinel
Filthy-rich - Juggernaut / Timberwulf - Sniper / Ironwill - Mercenary / Ahuizotl - Assassin

BiS Relics for Healers PvE/PvP

Heathenblood
06.30.2013 , 11:12 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Dreselus View Post
Actually it now has abilities.

Regardless auto attack is pointless considering most classes only us base every 4-5 CD and Sages do not use it at all. Even then the game is asking you to push a button about every 1.5s, hardly a feat. I spam abilities as GCD is about to end just to keep my APM up so i don't fall asleep.
Awh when did they do that? Haven't been on in a while.

Yeah I was just being sarcastic. It's not that hard to hit a free ability. Not sure why he wants to rid it.
-Heathenblood

Never_Hesitate
07.02.2013 , 08:06 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Dreselus View Post
Regardless auto attack is pointless considering most classes only us base every 4-5 CD and Sages do not use it at all.
Hopefully a sage/sorc never uses his standard attack, considered it is melee ranged (4m)
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

Skodan
07.02.2013 , 08:09 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
Hopefully a sage/sorc never uses his standard attack, considered it is melee ranged (4m)
They should have made the JC/SI's basic attack a tiny force project/shock, and made it have a range of 10, then if the player goes Sage/Sorc it gets increased to 30. Every other classes' basic attack is usable for any AC
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

Altheran
07.02.2013 , 04:07 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Skodan View Post
They should have made the JC/SI's basic attack a tiny force project/shock, and made it have a range of 10, then if the player goes Sage/Sorc it gets increased to 30. Every other classes' basic attack is usable for any AC
But every basic attack is weapon based, and is the only attack to suffer a -10% accuracy on top of that. Giving them a Force basic attack would favor them in some ways.
In addition, because Shadows and Assassins don't have extra Willpower, they would be the only AC who get an improved weaponery, but having a basic attack that would hit for lower than their counterpart who didn't improved it. Commandos/Sniper hit harder thanks to high damage weapons, and Sentinels/Marauders/Gunslinger/Mercenaries do thanks to dual wielding. At the moment Shadows/Assassins are in the same boat as Commandos/Snipers, but making the basic attack Force-based would change that.

That's probably why they decided to make Sage/Sorcerer a basic-attack-free type of AC.