Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

artikulieren
07.02.2013 , 01:50 AM | #411
14. DPS that haven't the foggiest clue what positioning means. That put their backs facing hazards like rocket fire(HM Cade), or another pack/more difficult mobs(HM Athiss).

Atramar
07.02.2013 , 02:22 AM | #412
last night I had pleasure of healing dps assassin in dark charge... I told him he's got tank charge, he said it was healing him.
told him it generates threat and he's being hit, he swaped to lightning charge... with 110 force it was clear he should be surging, but we pulled it off, atleast he didn't pull agro at all.
tank on other hand tried to stand 10 meters range and bless him, he was doing good job at it. force lightning, dishcharge and shock. on the last boss, when I typed 'please attack turrets, not the boss', he said 'i'm positioning him' - which was BS since he just stand next to other dps..
atleast all of them knew to move away from red circles, so there is hope for future.

as for colicoids mentioned earlier, for a moment I thought it was me, but we didn't wipe when I healed it from the middle, although on second turret I noticed my self that we had self healing and mine wasn't really needed. but it was first colicoid for all 4 of us, and our tank didn't leave :P
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

MorgothPl
07.02.2013 , 02:34 AM | #413
15. Tanks that don't know positioning. Again Hammer Station - tank in 63s/61s who didn't stay back to the wall when fighting bonus boss (and we told him tactics), tanks who don't pull Kreshan from side, making rest of party eat his cone attack.... Tanks who don't keep him back to the console, or are not even at the console, getting kicked out of the map

16. People who don't think and listen any class, any role.... Don't blow the barrels, when CCed mob is near them, don't use aoe, when half of pack is CCed, who don't wait till the walking mob leaves the pack, or for the patrol mob to come back in Athiss bonus boss, so we don't have to fight him and guardian champion at same time.

ZeroPlus
07.02.2013 , 03:23 AM | #414
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgothPl View Post
..., or for the patrol mob to come back in Athiss bonus boss, so we don't have to fight him and guardian champion at same time.
Actually, if you just clear the "bonus boss room" and DO NOT GO NEAR THE STAIRS the patrol just stands in the other room at the bottom of the stairs. Going to the top of the stairs will "activate" him and cause him to come back o the boss room.

If you position your camera to look down the stairs (without going near the stairs) you will see the patrol just standing there.
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

Never_Hesitate
07.02.2013 , 06:52 AM | #415
Quote: Originally Posted by artikulieren View Post
10. Shadow/Assassin tanks that think Force Wave/Overload counts as an AoE taunt. I'm hitting everything! I'm taunting!
11. People that use AoE KB(Force Wave/Overload) abilities as an actual part of their DPS rotation. Knocking stuff of your AoE, Or making it harder to AoE.
Anyone who uses his knockback when he doesn't a.) throw the mobs over an edge or b.) group them up for AoE is just wierd for my.
In a group for an H4 on nar shaddaa (I think it was the Jedi Freedom Fighter one) we had a juggernaut who constantly used his Push on cd, which resulted in pulling additional groups a few times and I was just standing there thinking "Why? "

12. Sorc/Sage healers that spec into Force Wave/Overload healing, that knock everything out of your AoE just so they can heal you for........... 1200 health. Wow thanks buddy! Damn fine job there! You made it harder to kill things faster, but at least you healed us for 1200 health!
I specced into this once or twice on both my merc and my sorc heal. It's funny to watch the melees asking "wth?" and being able to answer "I was just healing "
T3-M4 - Lvl 60 Chars:
LeoniŽ&Caipha PT, Eleondra&Eleondraa Op
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper
Hannahla Merc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa

Jeweledleah
07.02.2013 , 06:58 AM | #416
Quote: Originally Posted by Revenaught View Post
Which just goes to show that there is more than one way to do things sometimes. Some groups I have run with always have a healer on the center box and the other three on turrets facing inward and covering the area behind their team mates. It works, if everyone is on the same page, as well as the traditional method.
but.. why?

I mean... if you have all 4 people on turrets, you don't even get damaged, mobs just die before getting anywhere near the turret area. while having one person off the turret = added stress in trying to cover for someone else's area, meaning colicoids get closer then they should (I recently had someone die there, said their mouse was acting up and let me tell you, while possible to do with 3 people on turrets only, it was a headache and the only time we actually took a little bit of damage)

its like... are you deliberately trying to make the fight harder or something? because you really do get auto heals for what little damage you take from missile shooting colicoids. there's zero need for extra healing. zero.

and speaking of collicoid games, most recent run - me healing on a sage, guardian marked as tank, vanguard and gunslinger. turret section goes off without a hitch, we move on to the rest of the flashpoint, cc is marked, fighting starts... and I'm gradually realizing that while guardian is tanking (in proper stance and everything) vanguard seems to keep on jumping to the other mobs, keeps drawing aggro when he shouldn't (honestly from personal experience, collicoid is possibly the easiest flashpoint to tank, especially with cc, because there isn't a lot of trash mobs, so losing aggro requires a very "special" group). going on to the stage with all those buttons you press and vanguard starts leaping from button to button, ignoring force fields. which is cool and saves a lot of time (notes for later) except surge is a tanking tree only skill. and at that point I look closer at his health bar and yep - tanking cell.

but guardian is using tanking abilities too O_O so naturally I ask. why do we have 2 tanks. guardian replies, that vanguard is higher level and has more abilities and that they are premade group. oookey... sooo why did you select tank in your queue if you weren't going to tank? "I forgot I had it selected" fair enough. but in that case... why are you using tanking form?? "oh.. I forgot, thank you" (switches to dps one) i mean, flashpoint went otherwise smoothly and I've healed infinitely worse, I was just amused and curious and I gotta say - pleased that they didn't kick me after all the questions, and instead answered them :P

P.S. that talent that lets knockback for mercs/socras heal is pretty much a given. not because its that awesome (its pretty situational, but can be awesome when used well - especially at early levels, where you don't have the "piddle puddle" yet) but because there's nothing else to take really in order to unlock next talent tier.

Revenaught
07.02.2013 , 09:14 AM | #417
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
but.. why?

I mean... if you have all 4 people on turrets, you don't even get damaged, mobs just die before getting anywhere near the turret area. while having one person off the turret = added stress in trying to cover for someone else's area, meaning colicoids get closer then they should (I recently had someone die there, said their mouse was acting up and let me tell you, while possible to do with 3 people on turrets only, it was a headache and the only time we actually took a little bit of damage)

its like... are you deliberately trying to make the fight harder or something? because you really do get auto heals for what little damage you take from missile shooting colicoids. there's zero need for extra healing. zero.
I didn't start the practice but I imagine it went something like this. In the early days of the FP the enemy colicoids weren't as easy to kill and they routinely got in melee range of the people on the turrets and started doing damage to them. Some group at some point was having problems clearing the phase and got the idea to put the healer on the box in the middle and have the other three face inward and cover the area behind their team mates. The extra heals helped and they finished the phase and eventually the flashpoint. From that point on that was just how it was supposed to be done for them and from that time on they taught it to others as they went through it with pug groups and people new to it learned it as the way to beat the phase. And thus it gets passed on and on.

These days the bugs die so much easier or less are poppin up, I'm not sure which, but the turret phase is just simple now so the extra heals are not needed at all but people will keep doing what they first learned and really it does work both ways with neither one being easier or harder.
Mal - Define interesting.

Wash - Oh God. Oh God. We're all gonna die?

Mal - This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence. So we may experience some slight, turbulence...and then explode.

Satanio
07.02.2013 , 09:23 AM | #418
Quote: Originally Posted by Revenaught View Post
I didn't start the practice but I imagine it went something like this. In the early days of the FP the enemy colicoids weren't as easy to kill and they routinely got in melee range of the people on the turrets and started doing damage to them. Some group at some point was having problems clearing the phase and got the idea to put the healer on the box in the middle and have the other three face inward and cover the area behind their team mates. The extra heals helped and they finished the phase and eventually the flashpoint. From that point on that was just how it was supposed to be done for them and from that time on they taught it to others as they went through it with pug groups and people new to it learned it as the way to beat the phase. And thus it gets passed on and on.

These days the bugs die so much easier or less are poppin up, I'm not sure which, but the turret phase is just simple now so the extra heals are not needed at all but people will keep doing what they first learned and really it does work both ways with neither one being easier or harder.
Before they nerfed Collicoid, the turrets didn't heal you and the ranged (droid) collicoids did a lot more damage. Without healer it was always a very close call about surviving or not. That's why ppl used to put a healer in the middle and cover for his spot.

Once they added the selfheal on turrets there was no need for healer to get off anymore, but ppl keep doing it for some strange reason.

Sorei
07.02.2013 , 09:32 AM | #419
13. People who queue as both tank and DPS roles, but are ONLY specced and geared for tanking. No field respec. And come into an FP/Op in tank stance and refuse to even switch to a DPS stance so they have less threat. If you queue for both, you better be able to do both otherwise G.T.F.O.
I just had this one yesterday... it wasn't really a problem since it was only low level Hammer Station and I had no problem keeping aggro against the tank-stanced DPS, but at the second boss he got aggro from the main boss as I was concentrating on the droid because that one should have been the main target at that time.
Gotta admit, I have done low level Hammer Station just too often so I get pissed off quite easily if people aren't doing their job (DPS jumping in first, tanks only attacking a single mob so all the others attack the healer...). Anyway, I told him to finally switch to DPS stance and he replied he was tank-specced. I said he shouldn't have listed as DPS then and he replied he hadn't and that I was the kind of person that always blamed it on others... well, I wasn't the one with the DPS sign under his character icon
His attitude just upset me, he wasn't trying to tank, but he could at least have switched stances...

Revenaught
07.02.2013 , 10:45 AM | #420
Quote: Originally Posted by Satanio View Post
Before they nerfed Collicoid, the turrets didn't heal you and the ranged (droid) collicoids did a lot more damage. Without healer it was always a very close call about surviving or not. That's why ppl used to put a healer in the middle and cover for his spot.

Once they added the selfheal on turrets there was no need for healer to get off anymore, but ppl keep doing it for some strange reason.
Ah so they did nerf it. I knew it was easier but didn't know they took specific actions. I really think only one or the other were needed tho. It's too easy now.
Mal - Define interesting.

Wash - Oh God. Oh God. We're all gonna die?

Mal - This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence. So we may experience some slight, turbulence...and then explode.