Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Subscriber Appreciation Details?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Subscriber Appreciation Details?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Soluss
06.30.2013 , 09:36 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaywinnit View Post
Re: the Ewok as a sub only companion. I just saw n Dulfy's site that Cory Butler has confirmed there will be a CC option to pay. So, confirmed as not being Sub only.

Edit:
As for what they could give us....shared account bank space would be one thing.

Star Trek Online has a veteran's program to reward their subs
sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=736471

Rift had one as well. (Though, I understand their's has changed some post f2p
http://rift.zam.com/wiki/Veterans_Rewards_(Rift)
Rifst vet rewards have changed but for the better IMO. The thing about Rift is that F2P really doesn't have much in the line of restrictions. The only one I have found was you couldn't use the auction house unless you had spent atleast 5 bucks in some form or another..... that's pretty free.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Kaywinnit
06.30.2013 , 11:51 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
Rifst vet rewards have changed but for the better IMO. The thing about Rift is that F2P really doesn't have much in the line of restrictions. The only one I have found was you couldn't use the auction house unless you had spent atleast 5 bucks in some form or another..... that's pretty free.
SWTOR has the worst F2P model of any game I've looked at...it's totally centered on making it as difficult as possible for non-subs (hot bars...flipping hot bars are restricted...you can't even use the abilities you get while leveling!). But, that's a conversation for a whole different thread.
Mal: Well look at this, appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoe: Big Damn Heroes, Sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Kaywinnit
07.01.2013 , 08:05 AM | #83
Monday morning bump.

It's July 1st... we're now 3-4 days from the 'weekend of july 4th'... any bets on whether or not we'll get any details today?
Mal: Well look at this, appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoe: Big Damn Heroes, Sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

dscount
07.01.2013 , 08:13 AM | #84
Well as a long time SUB I'm hoping it's something tangible and not something crappy like fireworks or faction fireworks that went away after used.

Things as a SUB I think would be "Good" include:
  • FREE Barber Shop changes (Yea.. not spending CC's on that!)
  • FREE Extraction Costs of Mods/Armor (Hey.. it's a wish list)
  • Exclusive "SUB" Mount mailed to everyone
  • Exclusive "SUB" Pet mailed to everyone
  • Permanent "SUB" Discount in CM - 10% across the board - ANYTHING
  • LEGACY BOOST Awards (IE: certain levels get additional benefits)
  • Example: Legacy 25 - Get's 10% off any CM items/Vendors, Legacy 50 gets 20% off
Reference Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT (BW Details > HERE )
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

I'm not asking for much.... maybe some Cake too...

curtkram
07.01.2013 , 08:14 AM | #85
what do you suppose would happen on the forums here if they did come out and say "this thursday we will reward our subscriber's loyalty with the final double exp. weekend and 15 fireworks that should be showing up in your mailbox soon!"

the way they implemented server transfers should be a clear sign of how they view subscribers. if you want to take advantage of transfers, you either get a cost that scales with how many alts you have (as a peripheral indicator of how long you've been playing and subsequently how loyal you've been) or you get to abandon your characters. of course, the more you've played your characters the more it sucks to abandon them. but then, bioware wants the system to suck if you've been in the game a long time.

EricMusco
07.01.2013 , 10:31 AM | #86 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

As a heads up we are not going to be releasing details about the subscriber appreciation here on the site ahead of time. However, I would keep an eye on your email. Once we have everything finalized we will be sending an email to all subscribers, so look for that in the future! Glad you guys are all looking forward to it though, keep your eyes peeled for information soon™.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Cripplers
07.01.2013 , 10:40 AM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

soon™.

-eric
-eric always makes me chuckle on his down to earth responses. I heart the ™.
Pewpew

Twickers
07.01.2013 , 10:45 AM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Cripplers View Post
-eric always makes me chuckle on his down to earth responses. I heart the ™.
And in less than five minutes or so someone will come in making a post about how Bioware doesn't care, never shows appreciation, doesn't care, thinks Eric is being disrespectful, doesn't care, they'll threaten to quit, doesn't care, and oh yeah that Bioware doesn't care.

That said, looking forward to seeing what is going to be done.
The loneliest people are the KINDEST, the saddest people smile the BRIGHTEST, the most damaged people are the WISEST, ALL because they do not wish to see another soul suffer the same way they did. - Author Unknown

ninjonxb
07.01.2013 , 10:46 AM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

As a heads up we are not going to be releasing details about the subscriber appreciation here on the site ahead of time. However, I would keep an eye on your email. Once we have everything finalized we will be sending an email to all subscribers, so look for that in the future! Glad you guys are all looking forward to it though, keep your eyes peeled for information soon™.

-eric
Any chance you may be able to share some sort of information on a time table? Even a loose one? My only fear is that this will be on the 4th of july weekend and myself (and I am assuming a decent portion, but maybe I am wrong) will not be able to play due to family.

Cripplers
07.01.2013 , 10:53 AM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Twickers View Post
And in less than five minutes or so someone will come in making a post about how Bioware doesn't care, never shows appreciation, doesn't care, thinks Eric is being disrespectful, doesn't care, they'll threaten to quit, doesn't care, and oh yeah that Bioware doesn't care.

That said, looking forward to seeing what is going to be done.
I won't bet against. ;(
Pewpew