Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

petition for the ewok to be buyable via CC

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
petition for the ewok to be buyable via CC
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

mithriltabby
07.01.2013 , 01:56 AM | #121
An Ewok companion? Can I get a /sithpunt emote to use Sith Punt from The Force Unleashed on it?

swtonewbie
07.01.2013 , 02:13 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by astrobearx View Post
hey im a old rpg player too (i played every DnD edition up to fourth edition). i can appreciate hard work and dedication;however, grinding legacy exp isnt the same as level xp grinding. grinding for legacy is far far faaaaaar more difficult. tbh, i assume legacy levels is all more of a log of how long a player have been playing swtor. i suppose i can take a lvl 55 player and go the a starter world and kill mobs for 1 legacy xp each, but come on guys....isnt there a better way to go about this?

how about a gear penalty? or something?

EWOK FOR CC
I've been playing since early release but on and off, and have 11 or 12 months worth of sub payments (i dont play F2P). I'm at legacy 43 on one server, and on another i'm at legacy 17 on another server. All i do is level alts...the only FPs i've done are the ones to unlock HK51. I level alts to 15 and delete, level one to 20 and delete, level one to 25 or 30 and delete. I've even deleted one 50, and 2 or 3 mid to low 40s. I just like leveling and playing alts...but because of all that alt play i have a those two legacy levels above. When the legacy system first came in wasnt it meant to encourage alt play?

Anyways i dont really have an opinion on the actual thread, but if you were interested in advice on how to raise your legacy then level more alts if you havent already done so.
I'm not really a noob...

Revenaught
07.01.2013 , 08:47 AM | #123
See this is why I never wanted the CM to begin with. More and more players can't be bothered earning stuff through game play it's just let me buy it now.
Mal - Define interesting.

Wash - Oh God. Oh God. We're all gonna die?

Mal - This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence. So we may experience some slight, turbulence...and then explode.

EricMusco
07.01.2013 , 09:25 AM | #124 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

Just wanted to let you know that no petition is necessary, you will be able to acquire Treek via Cartel Market if you so choose. Having her be a part of the Legacy system allowed an avenue for players to get her without spending any of their Cartel Coins if they wanted!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Mark-JPS
07.01.2013 , 09:28 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Just wanted to let you know that no petition is necessary, you will be able to acquire Treek via Cartel Market if you so choose. Having her be a part of the Legacy system allowed an avenue for players to get her without spending any of their Cartel Coins if they wanted!

-eric
And yet you said the game will not going to be PAY TO WIN, when what Bioware is doing is exactly that.

So now players will no longer have to grind and play the game... Heh.. game ruined. Sigh, sad to see a big developer like Bioware getting desperate and going to pay to win route.

Good luck. Keep doing it. Why not put those armorings, crafting materials, mods, etc on the Cartel Market! Let's make a petition! Woot

SawneyRath
07.01.2013 , 09:34 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Mark-JPS View Post
And yet you said the game will not going to be PAY TO WIN, when what Bioware is doing is exactly that.

So now players will no longer have to grind and play the game... Heh.. game ruined. Sigh, sad to see a big developer like Bioware getting desperate and going to pay to win route.

Good luck. Keep doing it. Why not put those armorings, crafting materials, mods, etc on the Cartel Market! Let's make a petition! Woot
You can still get Treek without paying. Just because paying may be easier doesn't mean it's everyone's only option. Hence no pay to win.
Selique Lasra [Jung Ma RPvP]
Guildmaster of <Esoteric Order/Knights of Atonement>
~Star Wars Galaxies Vet (Scylla/Starsider)~

Mark-JPS
07.01.2013 , 09:36 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by SawneyRath View Post
You can still get Treek without paying. Just because paying may be easier doesn't mean it's everyone's only option. Hence no pay to win.
I'm legacy level 45... no need to buy it... so the time we spent playing the game will go to waste now? Why not have Ewok be a cartel market in the first place? it's dumb. Let's make a PETITION to not make EWOK a Cartel Market.

Hence, there's not even a quest to get Ewok. Also, EWOK is not a cosmetic but part of the game, which is content. So once again, Bioware lied when they said SWTOR is not PAY TO WIN.

Good job.

Mark-JPS
07.01.2013 , 09:43 AM | #128
Also, what uses are the legacy levels now when EVERYONE, can buy an exclusive LEGACY item like the Ewok? Come on Bioware. Stop being greedy and have a content where subscribers will actually do something to earn something.

Guess what, expect bad publicity again and lose more subscribers if you are really serious in putting Ewok. You realize that will negate the benefits of a legacy level in the game right?

Twickers
07.01.2013 , 09:44 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Mark-JPS View Post
I'm legacy level 45... no need to buy it... so the time we spent playing the game will go to waste now? Why not have Ewok be a cartel market in the first place? it's dumb. Let's make a PETITION to not make EWOK a Cartel Market.

Hence, there's not even a quest to get Ewok. Also, EWOK is not a cosmetic but part of the game, which is content. So once again, Bioware lied when they said SWTOR is not PAY TO WIN.

Good job.
How is this companion making the game Pay to Win when its just a companion who can heal or tank, nothing more, she doesn't provide some secret buff that you can use in operations or flashpoints, you get a healing companion and two tanking companions naturally.

There is nothing pay to win with this character at all, its pretty much purely cosmetic, essentially what all the other things in the cartel market are.
The loneliest people are the KINDEST, the saddest people smile the BRIGHTEST, the most damaged people are the WISEST, ALL because they do not wish to see another soul suffer the same way they did. - Author Unknown

Mark-JPS
07.01.2013 , 09:47 AM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by Twickers View Post
How is this companion making the game Pay to Win when its just a companion who can heal or tank, nothing more, she doesn't provide some secret buff that you can use in operations or flashpoints, you get a healing companion and two tanking companions naturally.

There is nothing pay to win with this character at all, its pretty much purely cosmetic, essentially what all the other things in the cartel market are.
You don't get it lol It's something for those people who SPENT their time leveling alts and their legacy. IF you don't have legacy level 40, don't blame us. But for someone who spent that much time, it should be a reward at least for everyones hard work.

But then, Bioware desperately needs money. So please Bioware, get those armorings, crafting materials, etc up on Cartel Market please. That will please a lot of people who doesn't want to grind