Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Subscriber Appreciation Details?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Subscriber Appreciation Details?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lyshar
06.30.2013 , 03:59 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaywinnit View Post
Perhaps I have plans on the weekend of the fourth, and want to know if I need to find time to login to claim this "appreciation"?
Actually, I do have something planned near then, and it would be anti-social to pass on that, but don't want to miss out on being appreciated... Especially since I don't feel as such for quite some time and getting worse with every patch.

True... sadly, BioWare's total inability to communicate regularly, and honestly (I mean, really, how many times can "poor choices of words" be used to cover them not knowing how their own game works?) is doing more harm to the game (and it's community) then anything else.
And I have way too often caught them ninja editing their own promises to think my memory may be misleading me. They can't even admit to changing it, would be much more understandable if they added a revision note, at least trust would be slightly higher then (the amount they did it is still too shameful even if they admitted it).

I should probably screenshot every promise they make, that's how bad things are, not that that would help anyone.

Providing information about HOW they plan to show subscriber appreciation, can only benefit BW....unless, it's something totally dumb, like the aforementioned fireworks.

Sadly, as I've mentioned...the fact that they have revealed ZERO information on this, makes the fireworks theory more likely.
Agreed... sadly enough.
Them keeping silent on anything and just making subscribers discuss possibilities can only lead to bad-worst case scenarios being discussed only hurting BW more and more. For I have already decided quite some time ago that I am NEVER getting another BW product after this game... If they think they can change that then I say let them prove it with actions and not lies... until then it's just EAware and not worthy of trust.

Cleet_Xia
06.30.2013 , 04:42 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Izorii View Post
I am really interested in this as well. I have been playing maybe 2 hours a week recently and am constantly thinking about cancelling my sub, The money is not a lot but if I am not using it I can easily drop to preferred with very little impact.

What I cant work out is what they could do for subscribers. I have 5000+ cartel coins because there is nothing I want to buy so giving me some extra ones wont really make me feel loved. We got given a free name change again, not bothered about that mine will probably never be used. Bonus XP again don't need it. What could they offer subscribers so they feel appreciated and yet not cause the majority of subscribers to say "Don't need it, Don't want it or Don't Care about it I would rather have X Y or Z"
My 3000+ CC actually contributed to my decision to unsub. I couldn't figure out what to spend it on... so I figured I may as well spend it on weekly passes & save my sub money for at least the next few months.

Things they could do for subs.
1) add content for subs that cannot be unlocked through the CM. That's about it.

a) This could be daily areas, FP's, OP's.
b) They could do it by introducing legenary quality items & neglecting to create a CM unlock for equipping legendary gear.
c) It could be a new companion.
c) It could be a game feature, like personal ship skins.

Point is... right now, the account wide unlocks devalue the sub. The lack of new features & QoL improvements for subs that do not require CC further devalues it. And the introduction of additional new features that require the use of CC, directly devalues the CC grant that subs receive.

Players sub so that they can enjoy regular updates and new content in an ongoing fashion at a fixed price. It's a value calculation. If the new free content isn't worth the sub fee to a player, they won't pay. And they certainly don't feel like discounts on features locked behind a RMT paygate, provide value for their sub fee. Those discounts only have value if you are willing to spend the required CC to use the feature. If you are not willing ~ the feature may as well not exist.

If they want to use an item like the black/black dye to drive the sale of RNG dye packs because it has an insane value on the GTN ~ fine. But provide subs with an ingame way to acquire the item. Let them craft the item using an insane amount of mats. Or just put it on a vender for 2 million credits. Then everyone is happy - the item still drives pack sales, but the GTN price is capped, and the item is always available.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

Machine-Elf
06.30.2013 , 04:47 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyshar View Post
And I have way too often caught them ninja editing their own promises to think my memory may be misleading me. They can't even admit to changing it, would be much more understandable if they added a revision note, at least trust would be slightly higher then (the amount they did it is still too shameful even if they admitted it).

I should probably screenshot every promise they make, that's how bad things are, not that that would help anyone.
I've noticed them doing that with patch notes, actually.

Kaywinnit
06.30.2013 , 09:22 AM | #64
Re: the Ewok as a sub only companion. I just saw n Dulfy's site that Cory Butler has confirmed there will be a CC option to pay. So, confirmed as not being Sub only.

Edit:
As for what they could give us....shared account bank space would be one thing.

Star Trek Online has a veteran's program to reward their subs
sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=736471

Rift had one as well. (Though, I understand their's has changed some post f2p
http://rift.zam.com/wiki/Veterans_Rewards_(Rift)
Mal: Well look at this, appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoe: Big Damn Heroes, Sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

LadyKulvax
06.30.2013 , 09:25 AM | #65
Re: the Ewok as a sub only companion. I just saw n Dulfy's site that Cory Butler has confirmed there will be a CC option to pay. So, confirmed as not being Sub only.
Well that just ruined the point of that companion to me, oh well, the loyal long-term subscribers don't seem to be getting anything at all anymore.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

MishraArtificer
06.30.2013 , 09:27 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by iiNoSkillzii View Post
Please god no more fireworks.
FFS, what is everyone's beef with the fireworks? I thought those were pretty cool! I saved mine and launched them from the bar on the Republic and Imperial Fleets at midnight on New Year's Eve.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!

Kaywinnit
06.30.2013 , 09:31 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by MishraArtificer View Post
FFS, what is everyone's beef with the fireworks? I thought those were pretty cool! I saved mine and launched them from the bar on the Republic and Imperial Fleets at midnight on New Year's Eve.
As a subscriber "appreciation" reward....they would not make me feel appreciated. The ones we got for life day, are fine.
Mal: Well look at this, appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?

Lyshar
06.30.2013 , 09:32 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by MishraArtificer View Post
Still got mine, wasting away that precious inventory space. Sooner or later I may have to choose fireworks or a gray item... one guess which will win.

Of course when I throw them away something will happen that makes me regret it. Just like if my sniper throws away that Hoth item that has no use at all (can't even vendor trash it I think), if I decide to trash that BW will decide to make it useful.

Lyshar
06.30.2013 , 09:38 AM | #69
As a subscriber "appreciation" reward....they would not make me feel appreciated. The ones we got for life day, are fine.
Oh, what about more COMPLIMENTARY cartel junk? Like oh, lets say week passes for space missions (that is something we're already getting for a space mission and can't even vendor trash it, let alone sell to a free player).

That kind of stuff really makes us feel appreciated *obviously soaked in sarcasm*.

Kaywinnit
06.30.2013 , 09:42 AM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyshar View Post
Oh, what about more COMPLIMENTARY cartel junk? Like oh, lets say week passes for space missions (that is something we're already getting for a space mission and can't even vendor trash it, let alone sell to a free player).

That kind of stuff really makes us feel appreciated *obviously soaked in sarcasm*.
At least the XP boosts are useful, for subs still leveling alts. But, yeah, they could do with fixing up that "loot" table..