Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DPS Leaderboard 2.0+

MisterMuse
06.28.2013 , 10:51 AM | #491
Quote: Originally Posted by Jurugu View Post
Would it be possible to expain the reasoning behind this rule?

I guess it boils down to what the goal of this thread is. If the participants only see it as a standalone competition with no relation to 'real' operations scenarions then likely imposing such a rule does make sense as otherwise for top performance always outside assistance is required.

If, however, the goal is to gain insight that will help to gauge the relative performance of the various classes and specs compared to each other that rule is detrimental as it clearly favors classes and specs that either provide an armor debuff themselves or benefit less from it than usual. Typical examples would be Arsenal Merc/Gunnery Commando vs. Pyrotech Merc/Tactics Commando (one has the armor debuff, the other does not) or Carnage Marauder/Combat Sentinel vs. Rage Marauder/Force sentinel (one spends 9 seconds out of every 20 hitting a target with no armor anyways making the armor debuff less essential, while the other due to 30% armor penetration would profit even more from the armor debuff). Not to mention it makes it harder to compare different classes. I personally would be curious to know how big the gap between a Focus Sentinel and a Focus Guardian is, but the Guardian's armor debuff skews that picture.

So why not allow at least the armor debuff? Bloodlust/Inspiration is trickier, as you would need one very specific class supporting you to pull this off. Also the flat 15% damage bonus it provides should benefit (or its absence harm) all classes and specs more or less equally. The only valid counterargument would be that this would make external help mandatory for top performance, which is a good point.

Just a suggestion.
I suggested in my last post a "Top 10" list where an amour debuff would be allowed to compare between classes but with no response. This list is more to evaluate parses within each class. Not allowing an armor debuff has become rather standard for DPS Boards in Swtor.

Falver
06.28.2013 , 12:24 PM | #492
I agree with the above stated. Parsing without armor debuffs is a standard. It's also relatively simple to recalculate DPS with the assumption armor debuffs were present.

Berjiz
06.28.2013 , 07:49 PM | #493
More interesting than armour debuffs would be below 30% hp. Wish there was a dummy that had constat hp at 29% or so.

paowee
06.28.2013 , 08:37 PM | #494
MisterMuse just post the category out there in your front page and i'm sure people will fill that space up. Particularly Marauders, Sorcs, PTs and the Sin DPS . I'm pretty sure a lot of us people have this thread subscribed to . I guess you can start by putting a Sniper/Slinger (non engineering/saboteur please..) Jugg and Arsenal/Gunnery parse on that category.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

odawgg
06.28.2013 , 09:20 PM | #495
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
MisterMuse just post the category out there in your front page and i'm sure people will fill that space up. Particularly Marauders, Sorcs, PTs and the Sin DPS . I'm pretty sure a lot of us people have this thread subscribed to . I guess you can start by putting a Sniper/Slinger (non engineering/saboteur please..) Jugg and Arsenal/Gunnery parse on that category.
Wait! I need BT first! hehe

paowee
06.28.2013 , 09:22 PM | #496
Quote: Originally Posted by odawgg View Post
Wait! I need BT first! hehe
i thot it was only armor pen for all classes not BT?
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

odawgg
06.28.2013 , 09:41 PM | #497
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
i thot it was only armor pen for all classes not BT?
well if we're gonna give one, might as well give all

Grimsblood
06.28.2013 , 10:03 PM | #498
Quote: Originally Posted by odawgg View Post
well if we're gonna give one, might as well give all
Wait a minute....am I about to get a free license to make everyone else cry?
DPS is science. Healing is art. Tanking is strategy.
Hippolytà - Level 50 Sentinel - Grimsblood - Level 55 Sage
Saphyria - Level 55 Sniper - Fenrîr - Level 55 Gunslinger

LordCJK
06.29.2013 , 01:29 AM | #499
Nithnuro - Sniper - Marksman 36/3/7 - 3009.2
http://www.torparse.com/a/314166/2/0/Overview

MoJozor
06.29.2013 , 04:07 AM | #500
Just discovered this thread
Its a shame with the PT/VG parses that are here, we are not that far behind the rest
Thoric - 2/22/22 - 2965