Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My latest attempt at practicing MM rotations - 18 min long parse

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
My latest attempt at practicing MM rotations - 18 min long parse

ScytheEleven
06.27.2013 , 05:23 AM | #71
Thank you Paowee.

I've been running your 36/3/7 build in operations (SV/TFB SM mostly, my sniper is not the toon I get to bring for the HM content). I run a 4 piece PVE set-bonus on him, and I've noticed that when Takedown becomes available, energy management gets pretty hairy. Even with my reduction on Takedown's energy, I still find myself hovering right over the energy threshold, sometimes dipping below.

I imagine with you not running a 4-piece PVE set bonus it is probably worse. What are your thoughts on using Takedown on CD with 36/3/7?

paowee
06.27.2013 , 10:29 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by ScytheEleven View Post
Thank you Paowee.

I've been running your 36/3/7 build in operations (SV/TFB SM mostly, my sniper is not the toon I get to bring for the HM content). I run a 4 piece PVE set-bonus on him, and I've noticed that when Takedown becomes available, energy management gets pretty hairy. Even with my reduction on Takedown's energy, I still find myself hovering right over the energy threshold, sometimes dipping below.

I imagine with you not running a 4-piece PVE set bonus it is probably worse. What are your thoughts on using Takedown on CD with 36/3/7?
I've never had any issues with TD on cd with 36/3/7. As long as you never dip, even by just 1 energy, below the optimal energy regen bracket, you should be able to sustain your rotation no problem. Takes some practice to get used to it though. I suggest using fewer CD's if you are having energy problems too
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

CJNJ
06.27.2013 , 07:55 PM | #73
God i wish I had my 2 set pve to try this out

Jurugu
06.28.2013 , 03:12 AM | #74
Paowee, two questions I'd like to ask:

1) Could you elaborate in a bit more detail when exactly in your rotation you are firing Corrosive Dart? Seeing how the base building block of the rotation is

SoS - FT - SN- SN - FT - AB - FT - <free gcd> - Repeat

the <free gcd> would seem like the best choice, as every other spot would mean fewer FT, and noone wants that. Only if you apply CD every time the <free gcd> comes up you will clip, as the above takes roughly 12,3 seconds. If you only do so every other time there is a lot of downtime on CD.

2) With "only" 100 energy aren't you running a big risk of dipping too low energy wise for Orbital Strike unless you have either Target Acquired or Adrenaline Probe available? Or is there some other trick I am missing?

SamuelAU
06.28.2013 , 10:33 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Jurugu View Post
Paowee, two questions I'd like to ask:

1) Could you elaborate in a bit more detail when exactly in your rotation you are firing Corrosive Dart? Seeing how the base building block of the rotation is

SoS - FT - SN- SN - FT - AB - FT - <free gcd> - Repeat

the <free gcd> would seem like the best choice, as every other spot would mean fewer FT, and noone wants that. Only if you apply CD every time the <free gcd> comes up you will clip, as the above takes roughly 12,3 seconds. If you only do so every other time there is a lot of downtime on CD.

2) With "only" 100 energy aren't you running a big risk of dipping too low energy wise for Orbital Strike unless you have either Target Acquired or Adrenaline Probe available? Or is there some other trick I am missing?
1) Free GCD can be at any point in your rotation apart from between two snipes as you're always going to be limited by the cooldown on ambush, which is the reason for the free GCD. Clipping CD is less of an issue than having major downtime on it; I run 3 CD for every OS and this is going to maximise your output from CD, easily above 250 DPS.

2) No. Target Acquired is useful with the extra energy but the main use is the increased accuracy and armor penetration. Adrenaline Probe is always going to be there when you need it. If you're consistently running low on energy then you have major problems with the rotation which need to be addressed.
Quote: Originally Posted by ScytheEleven View Post
Thank you Paowee.

I've been running your 36/3/7 build
I think you mean my 36/3/7 build
Gomerik // Lumbridge
<The Ex-Dalborran Elitists>

paowee
06.28.2013 , 08:35 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by SamuelAU View Post
1) Free GCD can be at any point in your rotation apart from between two snipes as you're always going to be limited by the cooldown on ambush, which is the reason for the free GCD. Clipping CD is less of an issue than having major downtime on it; I run 3 CD for every OS and this is going to maximise your output from CD, easily above 250 DPS.

2) No. Target Acquired is useful with the extra energy but the main use is the increased accuracy and armor penetration. Adrenaline Probe is always going to be there when you need it. If you're consistently running low on energy then you have major problems with the rotation which need to be addressed.

I think you mean my 36/3/7 build
lol i guess You had the spec written down first over at the gunslinger forums. when i read your guide i did not pay much attention to the 36/3/7 spec because you had no parse >_< (and i wasn't maining as a Marksman sniper. It wasn't until recently when i tried 36/4/6 that i saw a noticeable DPS increase and after playing around with that, saw even more DPS increase after experimenting with 36/3/7. And then i posted my parses here.

Now.. let's get the word out there that 36/3/7 is the highest single target DPS MM/SS spec

SamuelAU
06.28.2013 , 09:27 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
lol i guess You had the spec written down first over at the gunslinger forums. when i read your guide i did not pay much attention to the 36/3/7 spec because you had no parse >_< (and i wasn't maining as a Marksman sniper. It wasn't until recently when i tried 36/4/6 that i saw a noticeable DPS increase and after playing around with that, saw even more DPS increase after experimenting with 36/3/7. And then i posted my parses here.

Now.. let's get the word out there that 36/3/7 is the highest single target DPS MM/SS spec
I always thought it was but didn't have the parses to prove it, given I don't have the lag or patience to parse endlessly for a good result. Good to know the theory is correct, and 36/3/7 comes out even better against 36/8/2 when you can't get down every tick of orbital which happens all too often.
Gomerik // Lumbridge

paowee
06.30.2013 , 03:21 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by SamuelAU View Post
I always thought it was but didn't have the parses to prove it, given I don't have the lag or patience to parse endlessly for a good result. Good to know the theory is correct, and 36/3/7 comes out even better against 36/8/2 when you can't get down every tick of orbital which happens all too often.
I came upon it in a different way. At first i thought, hmm.. 3 seconds your CD lasts longer... that means i dont have to delay my FTs in order to keep CD up. that's what got me interested and why i tested out MM. And then experimented with the other CD spec from there

CJNJ
06.30.2013 , 03:27 PM | #79
Now has anyone tested 36/2/8 yet? Probably doesn't parse as well but who knows?

SamuelAU
07.01.2013 , 01:47 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by CJNJ View Post
Now has anyone tested 36/2/8 yet? Probably doesn't parse as well but who knows?
No way. I can guarantee that adding 3 seconds to vital shot is not even close to outweighing the loss of cunning, going from +9% to only +6%.
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
I came upon it in a different way. At first i thought, hmm.. 3 seconds your CD lasts longer... that means i dont have to delay my FTs in order to keep CD up. that's what got me interested and why i tested out MM. And then experimented with the other CD spec from there
I stumbled upon it when I found a forum user suggesting that 110 energy isn't essential for MM since you never run out of energy anyway, so the extra tick on CD seemed like the next logical place to put those points. Same result though; great minds think alike?
Gomerik // Lumbridge