Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vanguard/Powertech Rebalancing?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Vanguard/Powertech Rebalancing?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KenseiMahou
06.28.2013 , 06:15 PM | #1
Any chance of Powertechs/Vanguards receiving a PvP rebalancing pass in this patch? Pretty much all I'd like to see is the devs take notice of the fact that we're definitely behind every other class in burst-potential and survivability while DPS'ing.
I have one of every class and play them all. I give up on this class signature thing.

Gullesvupper
06.28.2013 , 06:38 PM | #2
I gotta say, this was the first thing I looked for in the patch notes as well. Quite a while since there's been ANY class balancing overall now, so it seems like they are satisfied with it as is. Couldn't we have been nerfed the same way lolsmash was "nerfed", IE other stuff was buffed to make up for the nerfs. But noooo, that'd make sense.

DustinDune
06.28.2013 , 07:33 PM | #3
Well since class balances are done by the same person as PVP( key there is the singular "person"), i would guess he is hard at work on 2.4 and cant devote time to changing things until then.
Mumakil - Pommel - Strakovic - Versingetorix - Shae'vizkil -
Olos'nah - Cortonk - Adorria - Kratzer - Mumakill
Rancorslayer Legacy - The Harbinger
31K+ AP

ToMyMa
06.29.2013 , 04:19 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DustinDune View Post
Well since class balances are done by the same person as PVP( key there is the singular "person"), i would guess he is hard at work on 2.4 and cant devote time to changing things until then.
I really don't get why there is one guy there... (And he has to be playing healer ops, sniper, assassin and lolsmash...)
Elite Warlord Tanvir
Techfreak
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

SomeJagoff
06.29.2013 , 11:10 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ToMyMa View Post
I really don't get why there is one guy there... (And he has to be playing healer ops, sniper, assassin and lolsmash...)
I gather that dev's assassin is purely his stunlocking pvp toon and he never sets foot into pve with it.
Once you're in the hole, what's a few more feet?

Soobydoo
06.30.2013 , 04:13 AM | #6
The funny thing about that "one guy" is that he noted that he plays the Sniper and Assassin. Also for a good laugh look at the post then he tries to explain why he wanted to do CC breaker CD reset on death. He says stupid stuff like how when it lights up when your CC'ed it lures you into using it!!!! Man you could not have chosen a worse person to do class balancing if that is his mind set. COME ON BW get your **** together.

Ottoattack
06.30.2013 , 11:15 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Gullesvupper View Post
I gotta say, this was the first thing I looked for in the patch notes as well. Quite a while since there's been ANY class balancing overall now, so it seems like they are satisfied with it as is. Couldn't we have been nerfed the same way lolsmash was "nerfed", IE other stuff was buffed to make up for the nerfs. But noooo, that'd make sense.
Same here (along with some other classes) and was utterly disappointed, especially that it is already known that the new 2 FPs and the dailies area is content that was developed over a year and half ago. I was expecting to see that the devs are using some of my sub money in balancing the game or improving its quality (so I heard but never seen). Apparently not.

DerTaran
06.30.2013 , 11:25 PM | #8
Vanguard/Powertech was the Fotm class for about a Year, and now it is just fine (maybe they nerfed it a little too much). Overall I think balance is quite good and never was better.
B'zycon Legacy @ JAR'KAI SWORD
Turan 55 Commando; Orotan 55 Sentinel; Taark 50 Scoundrel; Orokriste 35 Shadow; Annakami 50 Vanguard
Amitha 51 Sorcerer; Fanalba17 Sniper

Nous voulons le retour de notre CM! Wir wollen unseren CM zurück! We want our CM back!

Philmors
07.01.2013 , 05:24 AM | #9
Can a vanguard/powertech even get a 6k crit? I never had on my vanguard so far and that pretty does seem a bit unfair that the vanguard/powertech cannot get that 6k crit medal in pvp.

Atramar
07.01.2013 , 05:37 AM | #10
Think most of FOTM(year) PT/Vanguards moved to assassins/shadows... amount of bads running around out of stealth, guarding out of stealth, running no accuracy gear in L55 pvp (oh thanks double exp) is just not funny anymore...
rest moved to smash spec, but probably didn't notice that force statis/force choke doesnt build shockwave any more...
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013