Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Bioanalysis...useless now?


Hockaday's Avatar


Hockaday
06.28.2013 , 03:09 AM | #1
Did they remove the ability to use heroic moments in FPs with Bioanalysis nodes? I don't remember reading this in the patch notes.
The Empire is not evil, and the Republic is not good...it is all a matter of opinion.
Nerf Hungering! It's too OP.=Bartle Test Results:= CE VIP
{Reward-Driven 85%} {Exploratory -60%} {Physical 32%} {Thoughtful -26%} {Social -60%} {Competitive 100%}

TrooperSev's Avatar


TrooperSev
06.28.2013 , 09:11 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Hockaday View Post
Did they remove the ability to use heroic moments in FPs with Bioanalysis nodes? I don't remember reading this in the patch notes.
Um, what?
Dark Helmet - "So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."

Hockaday's Avatar


Hockaday
06.28.2013 , 09:21 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TrooperSev View Post
Um, what?
When you harvested bio-analysis nodes in say, the FP Athiss, and summoned the pet. You were able to use your Heroic Moment and Legacy abilities.
The Empire is not evil, and the Republic is not good...it is all a matter of opinion.
Nerf Hungering! It's too OP.=Bartle Test Results:= CE VIP
{Reward-Driven 85%} {Exploratory -60%} {Physical 32%} {Thoughtful -26%} {Social -60%} {Competitive 100%}

Atramar's Avatar


Atramar
06.28.2013 , 09:32 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Hockaday View Post
When you harvested bio-analysis nodes in say, the FP Athiss, and summoned the pet. You were able to use your Heroic Moment and Legacy abilities.
sounds like a glitch that was fixed.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Hockaday's Avatar


Hockaday
06.28.2013 , 09:44 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
sounds like a glitch that was fixed.
Lame, I haven't seen it in the patch notes. This has been in since launch...so I don't believe it is a glitch.
The Empire is not evil, and the Republic is not good...it is all a matter of opinion.
Nerf Hungering! It's too OP.=Bartle Test Results:= CE VIP
{Reward-Driven 85%} {Exploratory -60%} {Physical 32%} {Thoughtful -26%} {Social -60%} {Competitive 100%}

wainot-keel's Avatar


wainot-keel
06.28.2013 , 09:50 AM | #6
errrm... pets arent's companions.... this bug got in the game a couple of times (seems to be somewhat resilient, lol)
I think the first time happened when they first released those holo-statues thingies. They would count as companion and people were using it on flashpoints and operations, mostly to get an Orbital Strike

They fixed a bug. Nothing to do with bioanalysis.

Kitru's Avatar


Kitru
06.28.2013 , 10:02 AM | #7
Because the Bioan is only useful because the pet does nothing other than let you use Heroic Moment. You don't get anything out of the damage the pet itself provides or the fact that it gives mats for the skill that provides stims, adrenals, and medpacks. Yup, Bioan is *terrible*.

If you can't see the sarcasm dripping off of those words, you obviously have no clue that Bioan is actually part of the *best* crew skill suite at the moment. The Heroic Moment thing with the Bioan pets was a bug. They're not companions. They're temporary pets. The only reason it hadn't been fixed until now was because it (1) it was only something that happened in a leveling FP and (2) the devs likely didn't know about it until people started talking about it *because* it wasn't just a starting FP thing.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Hockaday's Avatar


Hockaday
06.28.2013 , 11:08 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
Because the Bioan is only useful because the pet does nothing other than let you use Heroic Moment. You don't get anything out of the damage the pet itself provides or the fact that it gives mats for the skill that provides stims, adrenals, and medpacks. Yup, Bioan is *terrible*.

If you can't see the sarcasm dripping off of those words, you obviously have no clue that Bioan is actually part of the *best* crew skill suite at the moment. The Heroic Moment thing with the Bioan pets was a bug. They're not companions. They're temporary pets. The only reason it hadn't been fixed until now was because it (1) it was only something that happened in a leveling FP and (2) the devs likely didn't know about it until people started talking about it *because* it wasn't just a starting FP thing.
You make such brilliant posts...but you should read posts as well Kitru. This was placed in the Op/fp section. The pets -are- useless in FPs, besides heroic moments. This is -not- the crew skill section. If I post the same thing in the crew skill section, you can go ahead and continue insulting me.

The damage it provides is negligible, not worth noting. It's -literally- not worth my time to get them for the amount of damage it does.

So yes, it is terrible. It provides nothing worth using in Flashpoints. Where as a few give short cuts...,which are more usable. Except in Hammerstation. Unless you're skipping the bonus boss, then it is useful.
The Empire is not evil, and the Republic is not good...it is all a matter of opinion.
Nerf Hungering! It's too OP.=Bartle Test Results:= CE VIP
{Reward-Driven 85%} {Exploratory -60%} {Physical 32%} {Thoughtful -26%} {Social -60%} {Competitive 100%}

Hockaday's Avatar


Hockaday
06.28.2013 , 11:10 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
errrm... pets arent's companions.... this bug got in the game a couple of times (seems to be somewhat resilient, lol)
I think the first time happened when they first released those holo-statues thingies. They would count as companion and people were using it on flashpoints and operations, mostly to get an Orbital Strike

They fixed a bug. Nothing to do with bioanalysis.
Ah I see, thank you. I knew about the bug with statues, but always figured this was intentional, as I have never seen it fixed (I've played since pre-launch) and I must have missed it in the patch notes. Thank's a bunch!
The Empire is not evil, and the Republic is not good...it is all a matter of opinion.
Nerf Hungering! It's too OP.=Bartle Test Results:= CE VIP
{Reward-Driven 85%} {Exploratory -60%} {Physical 32%} {Thoughtful -26%} {Social -60%} {Competitive 100%}

Kitru's Avatar


Kitru
06.28.2013 , 11:14 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Hockaday View Post
The damage it provides is negligible, not worth noting. It's -literally- not worth my time to get them for the amount of damage it does.
Have you actually looked at the amount of damage that it does? It's not an insignificant amount, nor is the fact that it can actually take a fair number of hits before it dies. Hell, getting to use Heroic Moment simply because you're Bioan was *disgustingly* good, especially since it's an ability designed for *solo play*.

Secondly, you still get to gather mats as a Bioan, in every single FP. All of them have dogs you can rip mats off of. Arch doesn't get to do any of that. Even if you got nothing else, you'd still get the benefits of gathering mats while doing the FP so it's *still* not useless.

"Useless" specifically means "of no use". In order for Bioan to be useless, the pet would need to deal no damage at all (which it doesn't) and provide no mats whatsoever for the FP (which it doesn't). Bioan *still* has a lot of use to it. The fact that it doesn't provide the bugged ability to use the solo play mega-CD of doom when summoning said pet doesn't make it anywhere *near* useless.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.