The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

You just expect too much from people, imho.

If I know that someone will not live up to the requirement, then I don't have to start the run with him in the group.

Most Newbies don't even KNOW that there's a Kodex - because accessing that isn't easy.

A tab at the BOTTOM of the MISSION LOG and then in DARK GREY colour, just so that it shouldn't be noticed at all ???

A pure design failure, in my opinion.

The Kodex should have its own place in the menu bar. 'Nuff said.

The failure lies by the player who doesn't read through the hints provided by the hint section. you know that yellow glowing question mark above your character window or did you disable it as soon as you remade your gui like most did (I included)

Hammer Station HM, we reach those two turrets near timed bridge, marauder marks one for CC, so I start the pull by leaping on the unmarked one. Then marauder just jumps to the turret he CCed and breaks his own CC. So I grab aggro of two turrets, while the operative CCes the unmarked one.... Marauder then switches targets and breaks CC once again. Luckily I'm well geared, and healer is decent, so I was able to keep aggro of those two turrets.

Didn't bother with asking for explanation, as we were near final boss, but it still was funny. Especially as he CCed droids before and didn't jump on them.

Also, I should mention some marauders dying at Cademinu, when merc or sorc pushes mobs out of the map, while marauder leaps at those mob. First you see disappearing mob, then marauder learns to fly. It's so common though nowadays

Things happen.

Please note this saying I found a few decades ago :

"Your [weirdest] imagination is only succeeded by Reality". (Sorry for the grammar, since English isn't my 1st language.)

Since then, I'm not amazed anymore. Everything can happen, and that's a fact.

You just expect too much from people, imho.

Most Newbies don't even KNOW that there's a Kodex - because accessing that isn't easy.

A tab at the BOTTOM of the MISSION LOG and then in DARK GREY colour, just so that it shouldn't be noticed at all ???

A pure design failure, in my opinion.

The Kodex should have its own place in the menu bar. 'Nuff said.

Except of course that every time you get a Codex entry, a box pops up on your screen with a button that says "Open". You don't have to find the Codex, they almost literally shove it in your face.

Not at all arguing that the Codex isn't poorly implemented; it has been and remains to this day my biggest disappointment in this game, because you can see how it would be awesome if it worked properly.

On-Topic, um... There was the time I went to Black Talon(story mode, mind) on my Jugglernaut and got yelled at, for being unable to hold threat, by someone who claimed to have their own Jugg tank. Apparently he'd forgotten that at the level we were you don't have Soresu Form yet, or any high-threat attacks, and just the one taunt. Not that weird, I know. Sorry, I don't pay much attention to what other people are doing in flashpoints. Too busy trying not to screw up and waste people's time.

Didn't bother with asking for explanation, as we were near final boss, but it still was funny. Especially as he CCed droids before and didn't jump on them.

i know how it happens :-)

i CC a npc

then fight starts by group and mess go all around and i miss to hit tab to change target!

so i go right in and break my CC

then i think "what the hell i'm doing!?" and switch target at last on unmarked one

and break someones CC :-)

Hammer Station HM, we reach those two turrets near timed bridge, marauder marks one for CC, so I start the pull by leaping on the unmarked one. Then marauder just jumps to the turret he CCed and breaks his own CC. So I grab aggro of two turrets, while the operative CCes the unmarked one.... Marauder then switches targets and breaks CC once again. Luckily I'm well geared, and healer is decent, so I was able to keep aggro of those two turrets.

Also, I should mention some marauders dying at Cademinu, when merc or sorc pushes mobs out of the map, while marauder leaps at those mob. First you see disappearing mob, then marauder learns to fly. It's so common though nowadays

Marauders are always breaking CCs, its common among mara/sent players

DERRR I HAVE TWO LIGHTSABERZ!

SM Foundry

DPS: Sniper (me), Operative, Heal: Sorc, Tank: PT

The Operative was the worst I have ever seen spent most of the time throwing frag grenade and Flash bang (and then promptly attacking the flashed target). Would Sap the weakest enemy in the pack. Attacked HK even when invincible (apparently the huge IMMUNE letters mean nothing) and let us get overun by adds. Would only ever move into position for a Shiv and then immediately run away. When he died (and he died a lot) mobs weren't dying any slower. Good thing Revan's AoEs don't do much damage on Sm as he could not be bothered to move.

Obviously won all 5 Cunning drops.

Edited by Darth_Dreselus

Let them be, if they want to rock/paper/scissors the enemy then that is their story. We all play this game differently. It's not life or death situation, it' is after all just a game, I say.

If the player is clueless and wants to join your group who plays the game a certain way, that is different. If he does not abide by your rules then sure repremand him or cast him out. Otherwise, "Kay sera, sera" ;)

Just ran with a group of 55's in hard mode false emperor who didn't know to interrupt unlimited power.

not many people interrupt Revan,Lorric or That sith fella on Battle of Ilum either... maybe interrupt skills is payed extra for new comers. or binding + interrupting got old school....

2 nights ago on Directive 7, my coundrel healer had to destroy cores and small turrets as 2 dps and a tank constantly refused to aknowledge existance of such weak mobs during encounter. Even if they stand right next to it, probably been to busy fighting the claw... they clearly didn't try to avoid aoe I can say...

I won't even mention last night Lost Island HM when tank was constantly positioning Lorrik heading us on grenade phase and not move from grenades... and when fire crawling things came up, I typed 'keep away from fire guys' and tank with dps... walked straight to them.

I cleansed cc (not sure if cleasne worked or they used CC breaker) and what they did? They walked on them again...

facepalm was so loud, my fiancee heard it from the kitchen...

Edited by Atramar

Just ran with a group of 55's in hard mode false emperor who didn't know to interrupt unlimited power.

I healed a group there once when, after wiping on that phase, the tank told the DPS to use the provided grenades to interupt unlimited power.

Also on the 55 HMs it quickly becomes evident that so many healers don't realise that clense exists. I'm not sure how many times I've had to shout "CLENSE!" in chat on the final boss in Athiss.

Wanting to take advanatage of the double exp weekends I did a regular 50 FP.

Our level 55 tank ended up being in Vigilance stance and refused to change to tank stance, lamenting that he's done it before. I as the 52 healer grumble (cause now it's all on me), but move on. Not surprisingly we wipe a few times, to which the "tank" blames the level 50 11k hp sniper for being too new...

Seeing as we're wiping more than enough times, I figure the only way to get my money back is by needing on everything.

We finally get through to the very end when suddenly our new dps realises that I've needed everything, which they've actually needed, but have only been greeding so idk why they were crying. Needless to say I got kicked out of the group, but still made a nice 50k profit to my probably 50k repair bill cost.

Of course this tells me to leave any FP from now on wherein the tank is not tanking or the healer is not healing...

Tanking the Hammer Station HM.

Healer hadn't done that before, so after one wipe I had to explain the stack cleansing during the mining droid fight to him. Okay. He looked pretty new at only just slightly over 20k HPs, so I probably should have asked if he knew the HM fights before.

Then the Assassin DPS chimes in, telling me I should have been taunting the little suicide droids.

I proceed to go o.O and tell him to just stay out of the damn red circles. He keeps insisting, I go **** it and engage and with the healer knowing to cleanse we manage it just fine. There's a whole annoyance when we wipe on the bonus and decide to move on because the healer isn't quite keeping up and the rest of the group is ************, but I spot something about the SIN ... he's running Surging Charge. And using Death Field. And wearing a mess of gear that's mostly PVP but has bits and bobs with alacrity and absorption on it.

When I ask him about it all I get is 'It does damage'. *facepalm*

• The "I'm at work, so I will have to put your lives on hold for 10 minutes while I make this call"- type of guy.
  • The "My client crashed, so now I'm going to spend 15 minutes relaunching the game"- type of guy.
  • The "Oh, the tank and healer is going that way, so now I'm going in this opposite direction to pull mobs on my own"- type of guy.
  • The "Oh my God, I need this bonus quest, so that your Flashpoint run will be 30 minutes longer than it has to be"- type of guy.
  • The "I'm a Marauder, so I can charge in first and pretend that I'm tanking, which results in my healer dying because their heals generate more hate than my damage" type of guy.
  • The "Uuh, I will attack the champion mob first, then the elite mob, then the strong mob, and lastly, the normal mobs" type of guy.
  • The "I'm a Sniper, so I can't assist, thus will do massive damage on a mob that the tank hasn't got proper hate on which will result in me pulling aggro repeatedly" type of guy.
  • The "Oh, look, that mob is CC'd, let's attack it" type of guy.
  • The "When you say 'go' I will respond five seconds late resulting in your plan to fail" type of guy.

I meet these people frequently.

The "I'm a Marauder, so I can charge in first and pretend that I'm tanking, which results in my healer dying because their heals generate more hate than my damage" type of guy.

I've seen this a lot the past few days on my healer in lowbie flashpoints Q_Q Also Maras in cunning gear needing on aim gear ... O_o

I've seem to keep getting people who try to kick me from FP's becasue I play my Op as Dps becasue, and I quote "Ops should ony be heals, you dont know how to play your class and will bring the group down" It's like the other two skill trees are there just to look pretty

The very last level pug flashpoint I have ever done was Lost Island (of course).

I ask "everyone done this before?" Don't care about response, just want to explain fights if needed. Everyone says yes. The healer and I are both level 55, I'm in about half underworld and half arkanian. Healer similarly geared. Two dps are level 50s, but whatever.

One dps, an assassin, dies of first lightning ball to droid. Rezzed. Dies again almost immediately to lightning ball. Never even attempts to move. We kill boss. I ask what he was doing. Says he died due to lag. A common excuse. Whatever.

Get to donkey kong boss. I call out buttons. People say yes. Assassin doesn't even attempt to stack under boss, dies. Of course, his button was the one that needed to be pressed, we die shortly thereafter. I ask again: what is going on, do you know this? No response. We spawn, go back. This time, I ain't doing anything till I get some clarification. "DO YOU KNOW THIS FIGHT?" No response. I literally have my character sit down. Finally he says: "no, never made it past first boss."

"Why didn't you say something?" No response. "Would you like me to explain things so that we can be on the same page?" Maybe thirty seconds goes by. My finger is hovering over vote to kick. I then get this response.

"Meh. Whatever."

Told him good luck finding another tank and left. It may be another year before I pug a flashpoint again.

Edited by Powerrmongerr

Here's another gem of an imbecile.

Met idiot on Collicoid War Games, someone died while on turret portion. Didn't understand why, then realised the moron wasn't on a turret. Instead he was in the middle healing people. Told him to get on turret, told me to shut up and that we needed heals to pass the area. I said we got auto-heals. Told me that's 'cause he was healing. I left the FP, they stayed in Q for 2 hours because I ignored him and they couldn't find a tank, despite me initiating a vote kick earlier on the fool moments before leaving.

Best e-malice feeling ever.

Edited by artikulieren

Met idiot on Collicoid War Games, someone died while on turret portion. Didn't understand why, then realised the moron wasn't on a turret. Instead he was in the middle healing people. Told him to get on turret, told me to shut up and that we needed heals to pass the area. I said we got auto-heals. Told me that's 'cause he was healing. I left the FP, they stayed in Q for 2 hours because I ignored him and they couldn't find a tank, despite me initiating a vote kick earlier on the fool moments before leaving.

Leaving as a tank is so satisfying. You know you are dooming them to queue-hell.

Edited by CommunityDroidEN

a couple of weeks ago: pugging cademimu HM.

i was tank and the healer had more life than me(i'm arkanian/black market fully augmented)..i do the first two three pulls without guard, since the dops were geared at the same level and one was vanguard and the other sentinel..so not the most immediate to figure out who guard..nobody was aggroing but me, not even the healer, when he suddenly starts asking for me to guard the highest dps (who????)..not him..and why? because too many heals to throw were disturbing his relax time! he voted to kick me and when i've been saved by the others he left.

Wanting to take advanatage of the double exp weekends I did a regular 50 FP.

Our level 55 tank ended up being in Vigilance stance and refused to change to tank stance, lamenting that he's done it before. I as the 52 healer grumble (cause now it's all on me), but move on. Not surprisingly we wipe a few times, to which the "tank" blames the level 50 11k hp sniper for being too new...

Seeing as we're wiping more than enough times, I figure the only way to get my money back is by needing on everything.

We finally get through to the very end when suddenly our new dps realises that I've needed everything, which they've actually needed, but have only been greeding so idk why they were crying. Needless to say I got kicked out of the group, but still made a nice 50k profit to my probably 50k repair bill cost.

Of course this tells me to leave any FP from now on wherein the tank is not tanking or the healer is not healing...

You were the one being an ***.

Grats.

50 normal modes are easy as hell, you can do it with a vigilance stanced Guardian/Jugg if they're 55.

Proof of that is that you made it through and got a few pieces of gear.

Taking gear someone really needs however is a ******* move, you'd have made the money off the weekly anyway, or daily or w/e and would have gotten some comms too, as well as credits loot.

You were the one at fault.

Edited by Selenial

Which just goes to show that there is more than one way to do things sometimes. Some groups I have run with always have a healer on the center box and the other three on turrets facing inward and covering the area behind their team mates. It works, if everyone is on the same page, as well as the traditional method.

Edited by CommunityDroidEN

Get to donkey kong boss. I call out buttons. People say yes. Assassin doesn't even attempt to stack under boss, dies. Of course, his button was the one that needed to be pressed, we die shortly thereafter.

Sounds like most of your group was terrible. I've done that boss in 69 gear as a healer quite a few times, and losing a DPS or even the tank shouldn't cause a wipe. Just keep re-clicking the buttons, and the boss will eventually jump to one of the pipes to be burned. A healer should have no problem keeping the group up indefinitely on that boss. Hell, I've lost both a tank and DPS to knockoffs, so had to go click a button myself, and still kept the remaining DPS and myself alive until he enraged (at 5%...so close!).

It has ? That's new to me. I thought that the result was a calculated result of everything I wear - including Mods in the armor.

Hilts/barrels add force or tech power, which is equivalent to power for tech and force attacks (I.e, anything that isn't a basic hit). That single 72 hilt adds over 1k force power on my sage.

And note that offhands are the same....upgrading the armoring/hilt/barrel in an offhand should be a very high priority for DPS or healers.

Which just goes to show that there is more than one way to do things sometimes. Some groups I have run with always have a healer on the center box and the other three on turrets facing inward and covering the area behind their team mates. It works, if everyone is on the same page, as well as the traditional method.

One way or not, telling me to shut up and then claiming that the auto-heals were his heals and that without him healing it would be IMPOSSIBLE to clear the turret portion?

That became a matter of principle. I do not tolerate fools, didn't want to doom the DPS, but not kicking the idiot. Well, too bad then.

Also, really? Really!? There are 4 turrets, it's obvious what you have to do. It's obvious it can be done. Out of 4 characters I've leveled on the Imperial side, this is the first time I've done CWG with this method. How he got the notion that it was impossible without healing from a player is beyond me. I shudder to think of the possibilities.