Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The "unable to purchase" bug -- Any updates on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
The "unable to purchase" bug -- Any updates on this?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Bloodluvingirl
06.28.2013 , 02:03 AM | #21
I just started having this problem as well, but it only started on Tuesday after the little patch. Before that I had no problems whatsoever.

Beesodd
06.28.2013 , 03:22 AM | #22 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi Bloodluvingirl,

The patch itself should have no bearing on your ability to purchase coins, so your issue looks to be a separate one. Usually this is caused by a limit being hit, and waiting some time (in some cases up to 30 days) without trying to make a transacton should clear up the issue. Unfortunately, while I can check tickets for any details, I can't investigate or discuss the individual account details through the forum, and calling may be the best way forward.

Xorell, I'm sorry to see that this issue is still ongoing for you. However, after checking your account it looks like this should be resolved for you soon, and the issue was due to an unusual situation.

Hi again SukaShen. I'm sorry that I can't give full, undisclosed information on this issue. There are transaction limits in place; this is standard with any company that processes financial transactions. The transaction limits are not black and white – they vary depending for each customer and we are constantly adjusting them – this is why we do not make them known as the information would not always apply to you or be accurate due to the complexity. When you call customer service, they will do some checks and give guidance.

We’re aware this is a big point of frustration for you all and I can let you know it’s an area we are always working to improve. In the meantime, I really recommend utilizing the Cartel Coin Cards that can be purchased in Europe and North America or if you are in the States, you can purchase an EA Cash Card.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Xonell
06.28.2013 , 06:08 AM | #23
Thank you for taking time to reply, Beesodd. Your hunch that it had something to do with location was absolutely correct.

For everyone else:
My issue is fixed! I now own the Expansion. I'll post as much detail as I can here so that anyone wondering about similar problems will know what was done to resolve this:

My transactions were failing because I live in an outlying US territory which was apparently not labelled in the system as being part of the US. It looked like I was located in one place and trying to process a payment from an entirely different country, which triggered the "possible fraud" flag. The solution was for me to send in proof of identity by email so that they could manually add me to a whitelist.

The key to fixing it, after it had gone on for so long, was calling at a time when Tier 3 billing support and the Fraud department were in the office AND hold times were relatively low. (20-30 mins this time.) My support person, Phil, was also very attentive and stayed on top of the ticket until it was fixed. If I could send him a fruit basket, I would. He was pretty awesome. I have to say, once I actually get through to phone support, the people on the other end have always been extremely courteous and helpful.

Good luck to anyone with similar issues!
X0-NL, Archivist and Librarian Droid.