Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Double XP not working for everyone?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Double XP not working for everyone?

kopalame
06.22.2013 , 06:45 PM | #11
A way to test would be to find a mission, check it out on torhead, for example http://www.torhead.com/mission/fpC3OCb/the-dread-guard and see how much XP it gives. Then see how much you get for completing it.

Knightstorme
06.22.2013 , 07:39 PM | #12
I seem to be getting double xp from missions but arent we suppose to get it for the enemies we kill also?

Skodan
06.22.2013 , 07:45 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Knightstorme View Post
I seem to be getting double xp from missions but arent we suppose to get it for the enemies we kill also?
yes. and you probably are.

unlike missions where you would notice a big difference, such as the daily missions that usually give 8-17k and you would now get 16-34k xp, you probably are getting double xp from the kills.

unlike some games it doesnt show the base xp plus the additional bonus xp you earned.

so instead of seeing:
"You have earned 100 xp for killing enemy Bob Kenobi.
You have earned 100 bonus xp for killing enemy Bob Kenobi (double xp weekend).
You have earned 25 xp for killing enemy Bob Kenobi (Xp boost item)."

in swtor you would only see "You have earned 225 xp for killing enemy Bob Kenobi."
Hope that helps explain a bit more, iirc lotro had it where it would show your base xp and then the bonus xp (from rested xp)
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

OddballEasyEight
06.22.2013 , 10:51 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Knightstorme View Post
But you might not notice a differentce there because thats what rested xp does normally... so normally you would most likely get the same amount of xp as you do now for killing enemies.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

Tetiona
06.28.2013 , 12:57 AM | #15
Easy way to see if you are getting double xp, check the listed xp reward in your mission log for a quest, then turn it in. check to see how much xp was really rewarded, it should be double.

OddballEasyEight
06.28.2013 , 02:23 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Tetiona View Post
Easy way to see if you are getting double xp, check the listed xp reward in your mission log for a quest, then turn it in. check to see how much xp was really rewarded, it should be double.
Actually, i read somewhere that the listed xp reward takes into accoun the double xp.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.

chimex
06.28.2013 , 02:36 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Actually, i read somewhere that the listed xp reward takes into accoun the double xp.
It doesn't. Take for example if a pvp daily listed 13,000 exp. That number would still be listed as 13k, but you will receive 26k exp
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

OddballEasyEight
06.28.2013 , 03:49 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by chimex View Post
It doesn't. Take for example if a pvp daily listed 13,000 exp. That number would still be listed as 13k, but you will receive 26k exp
Well in that case i was only getting the listed last time i played.
I'll test it this weekend, but i'll be playing on a different character so it might work this time.
(since BW messed up Aric i wont be playing my trooper until that is fixed)

Skodan
06.28.2013 , 07:12 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by chimex View Post
no, now when double xp is on the quest log will show the amount rewarded with double xp already taken into account, so the quest log will show 26k, not 13
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

Jadhur
06.28.2013 , 08:12 AM | #20
It didn't last week for me but i was getting the bonus on the floater text.