Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Shinjin
06.26.2013 , 11:51 PM | #361
Quote: Originally Posted by Jrea View Post
My favorite was a Shadow Tank (Easiest tank)...
Question: Why is Shadow Tank easiest tank? I've never played one, but I have played a Guardian tank...

Jeweledleah
06.27.2013 , 12:37 AM | #362
Quote: Originally Posted by Jrea View Post
My favorite was a Shadow Tank (Easiest tank) in a slave girl outfit (teenage boy) who took long explained breaks (douche) who repeated every comment everyone typed with a "duh" on the end (mentally ill).

Group finder in a FTP game is like taking the buss, scary but gets you where you need to be.
personally I find shadows/assassins to be the hardest tanks. they have the least margin for error out of all 3 archetypes and due to their light armor, have to rely on CD's to deal with certain types of damage - which means, timing is critical. they are in my experience the spikiest tanks to heal and give me most heart attacks (as I don't have a high level shadow yet, I can only say that they are also hardest tanks to play at early levels. of all the shadows/sins I have encountered, I know exactly 2 that are not a heart attack waiting to happen). easiest tank in personal experience? vanguard/powertech. lots of different toys, heavy armor and they can both close in super quickly AND pull stragglers to them.

slave girl outfit=teenage boy is ridiculous assumption on your part. amazingly enough there's a wide variety of players who put their characters into that outfit and not all of them are teenage or even male.

inconsiderate? maybe. douche? you said breaks were explained.

I'm not even going to start on your perception of mental illness.

aaaaaanyways. I wish I had funny stories to tell. lately, all I've been running into are sentinels/marauders who think they are invincible and like to leap into action before everyone else is anywhere near them and making me remember why my shadow and assassin are my lowest level alts.

Avlantia
06.27.2013 , 01:32 AM | #363
I gotta admit, I'm proud to be one of those 'weird' people you meet in groupfinder queues.

Generally speaking, I'm queued with my pet tank...A burly male juggy who's full kit is in the hot pink and purple dye setup. My lovely sorc healer is dressed to match in pink and purple! We are crazy, to the point it usually causes a wipe per fp/op. Usually when i force speed ahead while they're still killing stuff. He's so well geared I dont have to heal and i get bored xD. Even better on my operative, since i can stealth out and troll him like a boss.

We are both very talkative in group chat, to the point that we accuse each other of causing trouble. It works beautifully since we're in different guilds.

But hey, the way we look at it, hopefully it brightens someone's day!
Red Eclipse 55s: Avlurks (op), Avlantia (sorc), Avant'garde (pt), Avanapple (merc), Avlynch (marauder), Avgasmo (Guardian)

Member of Dilih

zzoorrzz
06.27.2013 , 03:12 AM | #364
Quote: Originally Posted by theJediMaste View Post
The one instance that pops into my head was a TFB sm a few weeks back. It was a mostly guild run and I was on my guardian tank,we just needed to pug a tank. So we go into GF and get a pop. Then when everyone accepts and I zone in i see the tank is a vanguard wearing gear with crit/surge on most of his pieces,a green lvl 40-something implant,and a might stim. A MIGHT STIM,ON A VANGUARD TANK. Oh yea,he was somehow in ion cell. Then one of my guildies asked him about his gear and he said "it's so i can do damage" and im said "but your a tank" and he said "yea,so?" My response was a vote kick. We then had a guildie get on his tank and pug a dps who(luckily)was halfway competent and we finished the instance with no issues or wipes.
Or you could just answer his question since obviously he had no idea wha'ts wrong with his gear. If you did that, maybe there would be 1 bad tank less in this game by now.

Atramar
06.27.2013 , 03:17 AM | #365
Quote: Originally Posted by zzoorrzz View Post
Or you could just answer his question since obviously he had no idea wha'ts wrong with his gear. If you did that, maybe there would be 1 bad tank less in this game by now.
really? at 55 not to know what is your main stat?
Sure, i probably gave giggle to some when I did not notice that I had STR implant on my PT for few weeks (got it same day I bought same implant for my jugg tank, so used same vendor huh.) , but atleast it was tanking implant

some people we meet on GF gives me wonder, how on earth that even finished they story line. THink with friends...
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

zzoorrzz
06.27.2013 , 04:37 AM | #366
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
really? at 55 not to know what is your main stat?
Sure, i probably gave giggle to some when I did not notice that I had STR implant on my PT for few weeks (got it same day I bought same implant for my jugg tank, so used same vendor huh.) , but atleast it was tanking implant

some people we meet on GF gives me wonder, how on earth that even finished they story line. THink with friends...
I don't quite remember how did I get to know about mainstat thing, but even now I wouldn't know where to get that information in game.

Atramar
06.27.2013 , 04:45 AM | #367
I don't quite remember how did I get to know about mainstat thing, but even now I wouldn't know where to get that information in game.
quest rewards since level 3 strongly indicate what your main stat is
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel

zzoorrzz
06.27.2013 , 04:48 AM | #368
quest rewards since level 3 strongly indicate what your main stat is
That's cool, but what if you don't know concept of mainstat even exists?

Atramar
06.27.2013 , 04:59 AM | #369
That's cool, but what if you don't know concept of mainstat even exists?
then you will be a frequent guest in top stories under current thread

Lord_Erman
06.27.2013 , 06:21 AM | #370
then you will be a frequent guest in top stories under current thread
Lol nice one, you just earned some virtual cookies.
Errtai - Jedi Sentinel
<Twin Suns Squadron> - The Red Eclipse