Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Login Service is Currently Unavailable

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
The Login Service is Currently Unavailable
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Curmedy
06.26.2013 , 01:23 AM | #1
When loading up the game, at the top of the game launcher screen it says in a red bar "The login service is currently unavailable. Please visit our forums for the latest updates on the status of this service."

I already tried restarting my computer, reinstalling the game, and none of that fixed the problem. In the spoiler tag below I will include the last log entry from when I loaded up the launcher. Please if anyone can help it'd be greatly appreciated!

Spoiler

OwenBrooks
06.26.2013 , 02:13 AM | #2
Your error is normally caused by security settings or Anti Virus / Firewall.

10013 = Permission denied. An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions.

Add launcher.exe and Swtor.exe to any exception lists.

Curmedy
06.26.2013 , 10:35 AM | #3
This didn't work for me :/. I should have mentioned my computer was buggy beforehand so my friend did a full system recovery thing that deleted most of my updates and such, so i'm assuming the problem might be that there is a patch I don't have that it's not picking up for some reason? If so I still don't know how to solve this problem unfortunately.

Beesodd
06.26.2013 , 10:37 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Curmedy,

If you've made major system changes, please make sure that your system time and date are still set correctly. If these are wrong, then the error you're seeing can occur.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Curmedy
06.26.2013 , 02:26 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi Curmedy,

If you've made major system changes, please make sure that your system time and date are still set correctly. If these are wrong, then the error you're seeing can occur.
Hi, the time and date on my computer are correct and set to synchronize to the appropriate time automatically, so that can't be the issue.

Cerimon
06.26.2013 , 03:18 PM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Curmedy,

Running the Fixlauncher utility from your game installation folder has also been known to resolve this issue for a number of users. If the issue is still present please use the following link to reset your password. You should then be able to login without a problem.

https://account.swtor.com/user/password/recover

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Curmedy
06.26.2013 , 04:01 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Hi Curmedy,

Running the Fixlauncher utility from your game installation folder has also been known to resolve this issue for a number of users. If the issue is still present please use the following link to reset your password. You should then be able to login without a problem.

https://account.swtor.com/user/password/recover

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
I've run the fixlauncher utility again for the third time and like the previous two attempts didn't fix the problem. Changing my password won't fix the issue because it won't even allow me to type in the fields for my username and password as they are blocked out. Across the top of the launcher it says in a red bar, "the login service is currently unavailable".

Curmedy
06.27.2013 , 02:03 AM | #8
Nevermind, I just fixed the problem! My Norton program had it's time and date incorrect for some reason and it was blocking access to any program that had the correct time and date because of it. After correcting the issue my launcher is working appropriately now. Thanks again for your support though!

OwenBrooks
06.27.2013 , 02:06 AM | #9
Glad to hear you got it sorted , great news

Beesodd
06.27.2013 , 02:34 AM | #10 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Thanks for the update Curmedy, and for giving your solution.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support