Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pvp bolster not fixed. Hurry up Titan.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Pvp bolster not fixed. Hurry up Titan.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
06.26.2013 , 10:11 AM | #71 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know I am passing this on to the combat folks to look into. I will let you know once I have an update. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

ParagonAX
06.26.2013 , 10:20 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know I am passing this on to the combat folks to look into. I will let you know once I have an update. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

-eric
Make sure you link this post in the stuff for your combat folks to look into, instead of the unsubstantiated and highly uneducated QQ that make up 99% of this thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...48#post6471948

TLDR version: Conqueror > PvE crafted implants, ears, weapons right now. Working as intended.

Conqueror < Campaign weapons, primarily due to power crystals in the campaign weapons. Not working as intended.
<Infinite Darkness>

Bubblës | Missbehavėn | Stormrayne | Firerayne | Mcdaddy
Malefėce | Sėlence | Macropyre | Blėnk

islander
06.26.2013 , 10:22 AM | #73
Hey guys,

-eric
Thank you Eric.

It seems to be based on current evidence, the team DID dial back the bolster compared to pre-patch, but just not nearly enough. Just dial back the expertise bolstered value, and leave the rest untouched (if that's possible). I don't mind them having similar/equal stats to partisan, but it can't have similar expertise too.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

BrunoLogan
06.26.2013 , 10:23 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Morde_ View Post
LOL ARE ANY OF US SURPRlSED?

I'm not.
Surprised? I guess not. Disappointed? Totally!

Why don't they just remove bolster on endgame PVP? On RWZs it's not even logic the reason for its existence!

funkiestj
06.26.2013 , 10:26 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Paitryn View Post
You are right the true answer is to strip out all stats and go "naked" into pvp and really see who is best,.
Does a focus guardian want the same stats as a vigilance guardian? Do all specs in the same tree work best with identical stats?

If you read the forums at all you will know that there is not universal agreement over what the ideal stats are for any particular class/spec. In other words, min/maxing is a mini-game.

It is possible to have the min/maxing gear mini-game with little or no grind.

If you want to reduce or eliminate the gear grind that is something I would discuss.

Above with your "naked bolster" comment you eseentially say everyone should have identical stats. I.e. the min/maxing mini-game should be eliminated. That I do not agree with.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

OKandrew
06.26.2013 , 10:27 AM | #76
Titan got pushed back to a 2015-2016 release LOL... Looks like you are stuck with failware...

Pistols
06.26.2013 , 10:27 AM | #77
Hey guys,

-eric
Thanks Eric, looks like we got some more detailed info after the initial post, but if those guys wanna come in and explain any changes that would be awesome.

funkiestj
06.26.2013 , 10:28 AM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by ParagonAX View Post
Make sure you link this post in the stuff for your combat folks to look into, instead of the unsubstantiated QQ that make up 99% of this thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...48#post6471948

TLDR version: Conqueror > PvE crafted implants, ears, weapons right now. Working as intended.
You call crafted PvE being better than Partizan working as intended?

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

SlightlySychotic
06.26.2013 , 10:57 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
while this was true, the solution would have obviously been to create a mk3 set of recruit gear that was better suited to allow new players to be competitive? not to come up with this ridiculousness that is bolster
Oh, I only covered the biggest problem with Recruit Gear.

Then there was the inherent problem of basically giving level 50 starter gear to anyone who hits the level cap. There was no reason to even pick up Tionese except for maybe the set bonus (and it wasn't that hard to collect Columni gear first). And that's not even counting what it does to the crafting economy: again, what reason is there at all to buy level fifty mods when you can just get free gear that's better than anything you can make? And have I even mentioned that War Hero -- which you could buy almost immediately at fifty if you had saved up -- was almost as good as Rakata?

I'm not saying Bolster is perfect but I can see it becoming acceptable after some fine tuning. But the gear-based system we had before was just utterly and horrifically broken. Each new attempt to fix it not only failed but introduced greater problems -- problems that weren't just affecting PvP but unbalanced the whole endgame experience.
Darth Sychotic: (Sith Juggernaut) "Whatever does not kill you has failed and must be made to pay egregiously for its error."
Kaz Keeno: (Scoundrel) "One day I hope we can just move on and put this whole 'trying-to-kill-me' nonsense behind us."

Brunner_Venda
06.26.2013 , 11:49 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by funkiestj View Post
You call crafted PvE being better than Partizan working as intended?
No, it's not working right.

All of the Bioware cheerleaders need to figure this out.