Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Pvp bolster not fixed. Hurry up Titan.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Pvp bolster not fixed. Hurry up Titan.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Zoom_VI's Avatar


Zoom_VI
06.25.2013 , 10:10 PM | #61
When you say crafted > conq&part mianhand damage, is that in comparison to fleet conq because conq & partisan mianhand and armor rating is bolster relative to highest pve teir. So crafted may not be as good as perceived

Also at this point the bolster bugs are like picking at specs, they are not giving any really noticeable change or boost
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

Sziroten's Avatar


Sziroten
06.25.2013 , 10:56 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by PINKPARAKEET View Post
The fact that non-pvp gear is better than pvp gear is terrible and a horrible move by the dev team. The developers haven't really done anything for the pvp community lately other than this and all it did was more damage.
The problem is obvious... even if pvp is slightly better it wouldn't be "good" enough to put the investment into pvp gear... though what else are you supposed to do with warzone comms as you don't need planetary comms and you've stacked 2000 of each stim.

The only thing you have to do for PvP gear is playing... and the more you play, the more you'll get. It has 0 to do with personal skill or challenge or achievment value as the only thing anyone did was playing a lot of pvp. Even crafting these 54 purple items will hold more achievement value than pvp gear because your greens and blues have to crit and it's not a given that they will, ever. There was more achievement in the random box system they had in the beginning than what we've got now and had since then.

I understand all this whining being more about Bioware not doing anything for PvP player than really having an immense effect on anyones pvp experience overall or at least since the last patch. We're talking about single digit numbers and for the record... I don't agree that purple crafted gear should net higher than pvp gear but pvp is not about gear at all. They'd rather add some ridiculous weapon and armor skins for pvp ranks only so we can stop worrying about pvp stats at all and leave it all to bolster.
T3-M4 (former-Exar Kun)
Tark/Merk, Immacolata, Psychlon, Vorov, Zhadow, Kahum, Shee'la, Homeopathy
Bessel , Mercenary, Spetnaz, Shaa'li, Widir

kweassa's Avatar


kweassa
06.25.2013 , 11:28 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by PINKPARAKEET View Post
The fact that non-pvp gear is better than pvp gear is terrible and a horrible move by the dev team. The developers haven't really done anything for the pvp community lately other than this and all it did was more damage.
That wasn't my question. That's a repetition of what everyone is blindly chanting nowadays. My question was;; when one is in comparable gear -- as in conq/aug gear -- to the highest possible PvE combination for inducing bolster, just how large a performance gap do they perceive, to keep up this kind of relentless hatred towards the Bolster system.

Frankly, I don't see any difference at all. They don't overpower me one bit, they may have a teeney bit higher damage, and perhaps a bit of more HP, but honestly I've fought much worse odds back in those days when I'd be fighting EWHs with a recruit gear, and even then I didn't complain one bit. I'm not even sure the performance difference is even noticeable to most folk, and the most recent test/evidence posted about the patched Bolster suggests that the difference is even less.

So, then, just how much REAL difference do you notice, to perceive this as a problem??

I know I see none. Am I the only person here getting sick, tired, and skeptical of people just blaming everything on Bolster without any real basis, any real examples, any real AARs??
"90% of PvP complaints come from people that are thoroughly unqualified to comment about anything in the first place. Stop assuming that you are a good player, then an answer will come; why you die so often, why you are CCd so often, and why you complain about healers so often - You're simply a bad player. Harsh truth."

Glower's Avatar


Glower
06.26.2013 , 01:01 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by LetoAtreidesII View Post
The way Bolster should work is by overwriting ALL your stats with a fixed predetermined set of stats if you want it to instead of messing around with every mod in every slot (or just go back to the recruit set system cuz bolster hasn't changed anything in terms of leveling the playing field or helping new players play better in my experience). That approach is just inviting disaster, and its track record has proven just that.
^this
Plus, bolster affects on talent trees.
Quote:
Assigning Skill Points into multiple Skill Trees now bolsters players as intended.
/facepalm

Current bolster system is too complicated for Bioware coders/database programmers.
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

funkiestj's Avatar


funkiestj
06.26.2013 , 01:50 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by SlightlySychotic View Post
It was horrifically underpowered. It was like giving a sky diver a helmet and telling him he had to earn his parachute. An enemy in full war hero could go through it like it was made of paper while you're attacks were seemed to merely suggest that he take damage. It was just marginally better than the level 40 greens most PvP players were running around in before they just started handing it out at fifty. Anyone lamenting for the days of Recruit Gear hadn't worn any in months.
bolster vs recruit gear is completely independent of the question "what is the proper gear gap to have between the lowest level PvP gear and the highest level PvP gear"?

Endgame bolster addresses the problem of "doh, that guy isn't even wearing recruit gear!"

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

Paitryn's Avatar


Paitryn
06.26.2013 , 01:56 AM | #66
For those that do not know Titan has been "restructured" according to blizzard. Last game in development to recieve that treatment never saw the light of day.... see Starcraft: Ghost.

Sziroten's Avatar


Sziroten
06.26.2013 , 02:02 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by funkiestj View Post
bolster vs recruit gear is completely independent of the question "what is the proper gear gap to have between the lowest level PvP gear and the highest level PvP gear"?

Endgame bolster addresses the problem of "doh, that guy isn't even wearing recruit gear!"
PvP fame shouldn't be about stat gear at all...

1. give everyone the same standart starter armor which has expertise on for free. (best pve gear is worse than this set)
2. make cosmetic items bound to pvp rank/ achievement based (rank 100 = gold blinking armor yay)
3. implement many more maps and make them unlockable via pvp ranks = next to gathering cosmetic items the second reason to pvp frequently
4. make unlocks legacy wide
5. implement leaderboards for virtual e-peen meassure

= no qq'ing about pve armor at all!
= no qq'ing about premades stomping randoms because of bolster
= 100% skill based pvp
T3-M4 (former-Exar Kun)
Tark/Merk, Immacolata, Psychlon, Vorov, Zhadow, Kahum, Shee'la, Homeopathy
Bessel , Mercenary, Spetnaz, Shaa'li, Widir

Paitryn's Avatar


Paitryn
06.26.2013 , 02:27 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by Sziroten View Post
= no qq'ing about pve armor at all!
= no qq'ing about premades stomping randoms because of bolster
= 100% skill based pvp
There would be QQing still. the bolster isn't even that bad. The problem lies in the fact that many can't destroy as much as they used to. most can't even tell if someone is in full part/conq/pve gear at all due to oranges, its just assumed they got stomped due to bolster because of what they are wearing and not necessarily what their opponent is wearing. on another thread there is a complaint about being smashed for 9k while in full conq now the validity of the complaint could be there depending on a variety of circumstances, but it depends on the opponents level of gear, what tweaks are made to said gear, and what lack of gear tweaks made by the victim in full conq.

You are right the true answer is to strip out all stats and go "naked" into pvp and really see who is best, but that is far from what players truly, deeply want from the game. Gear is something I always felt was a stupid reward (why be given something to make you better at what you are already great at doing without it?) But since our character is essentially our trophy showcase, clothes are the trophy you get.

Endel's Avatar


Endel
06.26.2013 , 03:11 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Sziroten View Post
1. give everyone the same standart starter armor which has expertise on for free. (best pve gear is worse than this set)
Many people keep saying that PvP should be about skill, not gear and i could agree. But the PvP'ers that only PvP should have something to aim for, some sort of progression. Since BW will not come up with anything i wan't the gear progression to be there and i wan't best PvP gear be better (even if just slightly) than any PvE gear in PvP environment.

Btw if everyone was given "same standart starter armor which has expertise on for free" i wan't same starter armor for FP's and OP's, also for free.

I see no reason why PvE players should get things for free without working for anything and i shouldn't get the same for PvE.
Scoundrel
Operative
Only a few are looking forward with optimism...

Sziroten's Avatar


Sziroten
06.26.2013 , 03:26 AM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Paitryn View Post
There would be QQing still. the bolster isn't even that bad. The problem lies in the fact that many can't destroy as much as they used to. most can't even tell if someone is in full part/conq/pve gear at all due to oranges, its just assumed they got stomped due to bolster because of what they are wearing and not necessarily what their opponent is wearing. on another thread there is a complaint about being smashed for 9k while in full conq now the validity of the complaint could be there depending on a variety of circumstances, but it depends on the opponents level of gear, what tweaks are made to said gear, and what lack of gear tweaks made by the victim in full conq.

You are right the true answer is to strip out all stats and go "naked" into pvp and really see who is best, but that is far from what players truly, deeply want from the game. Gear is something I always felt was a stupid reward (why be given something to make you better at what you are already great at doing without it?) But since our character is essentially our trophy showcase, clothes are the trophy you get.
There will never be no qq'ing... . It would just shift from one to another subject, in this way it would probably class "fixing".

Quote: Originally Posted by Endel View Post
Many people keep saying that PvP should be about skill, not gear and i could agree. But the PvP'ers that only PvP should have something to aim for, some sort of progression. Since BW will not come up with anything i wan't the gear progression to be there and i wan't best PvP gear be better (even if just slightly) than any PvE gear in PvP environment.

Btw if everyone was given "same standart starter armor which has expertise on for free" i wan't same starter armor for FP's and OP's, also for free.

I see no reason why PvE players should get things for free without working for anything and i shouldn't get the same for PvE.
That's why it is required from Bioware to put "Trohpies" in the game but rather than making it about stats, make it about visuals, titles, leaderboards. I guess someone truly successful in pvp would rather see his name on top of the list rather than having fully maxed out gear like everyone else. Even with gear... progression goes only so far and what we see for purely rated gear is afaik cosmetic differences.

PvE on the other hand is different. PvE is built up in a way that the game is throwing stronger and stronger enemies against you with more and more difficult scripts. Now you can also strip PvE players from a gear progression but, different from PvP, you don't face different mobs everytime you enter a zone. As soon as you managed to figure out the script it's a simple following of procedures rather than having to adjust your skills/ playes in a way to beat the encounter. This could only be achieved by having a large amount of different scripts for each individual mob.
T3-M4 (former-Exar Kun)
Tark/Merk, Immacolata, Psychlon, Vorov, Zhadow, Kahum, Shee'la, Homeopathy
Bessel , Mercenary, Spetnaz, Shaa'li, Widir