Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

reqnifoni
06.20.2013 , 05:13 PM | #5861
Just curious how they will be fixed, i believe someone said in an earlier post that they where multiplied by the amount of toons moved are they just going to be divided by the amount of toons moved if so what about all the progress we have made since then or are all achievements that are bugged just going to be reset too 0.

sabbey
06.20.2013 , 06:45 PM | #5862
I am wondering that as well...

Aikura
06.20.2013 , 06:54 PM | #5863
I also deliberately waited, as I was pretty sure there would be bugs. As I'm in no rush at all to move, I'm still feeling like that was the smart thing to do.

I think I'll wait a little beyond 2.2.1 too...
-THE ARCLIGHTER LEGACY-
Drinn: "Come into the light, or I will drag you to it."
Triq: "The galaxy turns on a thousand subtle pushes."
Zetha: "Pay me to care."

Mjollnir
06.20.2013 , 10:58 PM | #5864
Quote: Originally Posted by WYDAS View Post
Ok Guys, after patiently waiting to see if this would get better it seems the APAC transfer is a disaster at the moment. I moved from Master Dar'Nala to The Bastion. The lag cycle in the past 10 days make it almost unplayable.

WZ, Fleet or FP all the same
The cycle for me goes something like this:

3 Bars - MS 220 - wait a second !!!
1 Bar - MS 600 - then another second and boom
RED - MS 2000 +
Rinse and repeat - absolute crap !!!

Had full 5 bar connection and under 100 MS on the APAC server.

Will give it another week then will unsubscribe and move on. - Grrr
Having the same issue on Harbinger. Sudden lag spikes for no apparent reason, or having it fluctuate like you mentioned.

Playing the "other" game a few years ago, my ping would be similar (@ 220), though it was a lot more stable than I am seeing from these US mega-servers.

CrazyMcGee
06.20.2013 , 11:26 PM | #5865
Quote: Originally Posted by reqnifoni View Post
Just curious how they will be fixed, i believe someone said in an earlier post that they where multiplied by the amount of toons moved are they just going to be divided by the amount of toons moved if so what about all the progress we have made since then or are all achievements that are bugged just going to be reset too 0.
I tried to ask about this in another thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=649881 but I never got an answer.

The questions still remain and surely if BW know they are implementing a fix in 2.2.1, then they know what that fix is?

I previously put the options as:

"A) This is bugged long term/permanently. We got screwed. Give up on achievements.
B) It gets fixed by resetting all our counting achievements. They all go to zero. In which case I don't want to waste time getting the few that work now.
C) A fix is applied to divide every partially completed achievement by the number of toons transferred. Great, bugged achievements are fixed, but we shouldn't waste our time doing anything now until that fix is applied, or we will lose most of our work since transfer.
D) A fix is applied which restores the broken achievements to pre-transfer levels, but doesn't mess with anything that has been achieved since then, so we can work on anything that is not currently broken.

Obviously D would be awesome and I hope that's what you're working on. But if you can give me any indication, I know how much of the achievements system I can use and where I am wasting my time and will be redoing it."

So it's presumably gonna be option B, C or D. Or option E, they break everything worse than before. Anyone else anticipating having killed 0.18 droids?

But I doubt we'll get any information, so might as well wait to log in after Tuesday and see what's fixed/screwed. If everything gets put to 0, I really think I will have to unsub or kill myself!

Plan A would be that they can implement a fix where anything that is above the limit is divided by the number of toons you have. Cross your fingers, cross your toes! Keep ém crossed until Wednesday!

EricMusco
06.21.2013 , 03:29 PM | #5866 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey guys,

Quick update: There are actually two changes that are going to take place in order to work on fixing your Achievements and titles, and they are not both happening in 2.2.1 unfortunately.

What is happening in Game Update 2.2.1 is a projected fix for your broken Achievements, post-transfer. The titles which are granted from Achievements are still planned to be fixed, but currently slated for 2.2.2.

If after 2.2.1 and subsequently 2.2.2 you have broken Achievements and/or titles please contact CS and they should be able to assist you further.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

CrazyMcGee
06.21.2013 , 10:23 PM | #5867
Thanks for the update, Eric.

I'm sure some people will be upset that titles are delayed, but I think achievements are the priority because everything we are doing at the moment isn't counting. Titles are more static, so we'd like them back, but it isn't an immediate problem for daily play.

Now if we could get any word on *how* the fix will be implemented as per my previous posts... Guess we'll wait and see on Wednesday after the patch.

Jonoku
06.22.2013 , 03:04 PM | #5868
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey guys,

Quick update: There are actually two changes that are going to take place in order to work on fixing your Achievements and titles, and they are not both happening in 2.2.1 unfortunately.

What is happening in Game Update 2.2.1 is a projected fix for your broken Achievements, post-transfer. The titles which are granted from Achievements are still planned to be fixed, but currently slated for 2.2.2.

If after 2.2.1 and subsequently 2.2.2 you have broken Achievements and/or titles please contact CS and they should be able to assist you further.

-eric
Transfers aren't going to be in 2.2.1 either I'm assuming. So I'm missing the second double xp weekend. mkay.

Iscul
06.23.2013 , 05:16 AM | #5869
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey guys,

-eric
How about fixing the lag and an almost unplayable game instead of fixing rubbish like titles...
You have way bigger issues to fix other than char titles.

Zandilar
06.25.2013 , 11:51 PM | #5870
Okay, so I just went through the yellow posts, and couldn't see the answer to this anywhere...

I have 7 characters on the Harbinger, and 13 on Dalborra.

When the consolidations happen, what happens to my 7 excess characters?

This is the main reason why I haven't transferred any of my characters yet. (Sure, I can delete characters on Harbinger probably, or pay to transfer them off, but I'd like to avoid doing that if at all possible.)
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.