Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ShenLongKazama
06.25.2013 , 03:26 PM | #571
No color fix, but they have the time to put an ugly and ****** speeder into the cartel market.
空の、エンターザボイドと風になる
------------------------------------------

SithEBM
06.25.2013 , 03:29 PM | #572
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Lol, what's wrong now? Magnus, you can tell me. Did they fix the thing?
Nope, they forgot to change the Light Grey appearance, and then EricMusco claimed that it was working as intended.

ShenLongKazama
06.25.2013 , 03:38 PM | #573
I guess they will only change it if we throw money at their feet. However, it can't be hard to change the color of one robe dammit!
空の、エンターザボイドと風になる

SithEBM
06.25.2013 , 03:44 PM | #574
Quote: Originally Posted by ShenLongKazama View Post
I guess they will only change it if we throw money at their feet. However, it can't be hard to change the color of one robe dammit!
BioWare can't make a competent or a logical decision.

EricMusco
06.25.2013 , 04:00 PM | #575 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey guys,

I wanted to add a bit of clarity to the post in this thread, and my update from this morning. This is all of the information I have about Revan's armor, what was or wasn't changed, and why. When we originally saw the double hood issue we also noted that it appeared there was a color difference in the armor between the player and NPC. Our plan was to mirror the NPC exactly for the player for consistency. When we fixed the double hood and we looked at the color palette, the armor sets were already identical in color so no change was actually required.

The issue that I think some players appear to be seeing is that the top portion of Revan's armor is not the same as the bottom or the "light grey bug." Interestingly, they are the exact same color. Yes, Revan's top may appear slightly lighter, but they are the same color, it is just a matter of how it is laying on the cloth (similar to how dye's can affect different armor pieces differently). The reason it appeared that the CM armor and NPC armor looked different is that you only typically see Revan in darker lighting, so his coloring looks a bit different then when you are running around in varying lights in the open world on your character.

When I said originally there would be a color shift along with the double hood, we were also under the impression it would require a color shift to appear the same as the NPC armor. Unfortunately after looking over the NPC armor it appears it was already the same color, so no color shift occurred.

I hope that clears things up and apologize for any confusion!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

SithEBM
06.25.2013 , 04:10 PM | #576
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey guys,

I wanted to add a bit of clarity to the post in this thread, and my update from this morning. This is all of the information I have about Revan's armor, what was or wasn't changed, and why. When we originally saw the double hood issue we also noted that it appeared there was a color difference in the armor between the player and NPC. Our plan was to mirror the NPC exactly for the player for consistency. When we fixed the double hood and we looked at the color palette, the armor sets were already identical in color so no change was actually required.

The issue that I think some players appear to be seeing is that the top portion of Revan's armor is not the same as the bottom or the "light grey bug." Interestingly, they are the exact same color. Yes, Revan's top may appear slightly lighter, but they are the same color, it is just a matter of how it is laying on the cloth (similar to how dye's can affect different armor pieces differently). The reason it appeared that the CM armor and NPC armor looked different is that you only typically see Revan in darker lighting, so his coloring looks a bit different then when you are running around in varying lights in the open world on your character.

When I said originally there would be a color shift along with the double hood, we were also under the impression it would require a color shift to appear the same as the NPC armor. Unfortunately after looking over the NPC armor it appears it was already the same color, so no color shift occurred.

-eric
So you couldn't have changed the gear to look like Revan when he is in darker lighting?

I spend most of my time in warzones, and on the fleet, the color difference looks stupid, and inconsistent.

ShenLongKazama
06.25.2013 , 04:11 PM | #577
Quote: Originally Posted by SithEBM View Post
BioWare can't make a competent or a logical decision.
They're probably like this.

http://imageshack.us/a/img560/5253/quc4.jpg
空の、エンターザボイドと風になる

SithEBM
06.25.2013 , 04:13 PM | #578
Quote: Originally Posted by ShenLongKazama View Post
They're probably like this.

http://imageshack.us/a/img560/5253/quc4.jpg
After EricMusco's response, I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

Congratz everybody, we can look like Revan in certain places where the lighting will make our grey chest armor a little darker.

ShenLongKazama
06.25.2013 , 04:21 PM | #579
Quote: Originally Posted by SithEBM View Post
After EricMusco's response, I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

Congratz everybody, we can look like Revan in certain places where the lighting will make our grey chest armor a little darker.
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/...enius-meme.png
空の、エンターザボイドと風になる

Magnusheart
06.25.2013 , 04:25 PM | #580
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey guys,

-eric
THATS NOT THE CASE. LOOK.

Revan's BLACK Robes before they were bugged to light grey in BETA- pre 1.6.1

http://oi48.tinypic.com/dovzi9.jpg

After 1.6.1's Light Grey Bug to now 2.2.1
http://oi39.tinypic.com/2ptorx5.jpg
SAME LIGHTING, BT and Sex and Class. Different patch times.

The bug affected the entire set, not the top back before 1.6.1 The primary was BLACK. before that patch. Not to be a jerk, Eric, but pictures are worth a thousand words and I took several.