Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dread Guard nerf - Catering to the Casual

dipstik
06.25.2013 , 11:27 AM | #21
i've seen about an equal number of people leave for both of those reasons.

ElitehunterDS
06.25.2013 , 11:39 AM | #22
Class dps balance was the issue, they took the easy way out...

/sarcasm : Good job!

Still unsubscribing.
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)

Daegil
06.25.2013 , 12:14 PM | #23
I doubt the 30 second extra on the enrage timer will suddenly make everyone kill the Dread Guard. So far all the kills I've seen have had Kelsara enrage and not die until well into the enrage. Guilds who are not ~top 25 (worldwide) will spend a lot of time wiping on the mechanics and only then have to worry about enrage timer, which is still extremely tight.
Verne (The Progenitor)

Krazy_Karl
06.25.2013 , 12:18 PM | #24
30 Seconds was to account for diversity of DPS. Bioware can't fix class balance so they went the direction we recommended.

/thread

Regards,
KK
Try not. Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

Felkroth
06.25.2013 , 12:48 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Daegil View Post
I doubt the 30 second extra on the enrage timer will suddenly make everyone kill the Dread Guard. So far all the kills I've seen have had Kelsara enrage and not die until well into the enrage. Guilds who are not ~top 25 (worldwide) will spend a lot of time wiping on the mechanics and only then have to worry about enrage timer, which is still extremely tight.
http://www.twitch.tv/swtorfusrodah/c/2467507

We barely hit enrage by 1 second and ONLY because our top DPS died 20 seconds prior. And you can't cite group composition either, because we definatly didn't use the prototypical setup (aside from using 3 ranged/1 melee)

That kill was 1 shadow dps, 2 commando dps, and 1 gunslinger.

So lesson of the story....surround yourselves with talented players and ya'll can play whatever the heck you want and compete at the top level. IMO I'm confident that, a critical examination of my group members, that at least 6 of the 8 individuals listed in that video could play any class in the game at their max level.

odawgg
06.25.2013 , 01:08 PM | #26
Another Dread Guard thread eh? sigh...ok I'll jump on haha. This is the 2nd boss, the mechanics are extremely demanding. The only thing that would come close to upsetting me about this nerf is that there are guilds out there that wanted to keep trying with the way it was. Other than that, I have no problem with it and the reason is I don't feel it's going to help our guild all that much. We were gonna start downing it in 2-3 attempts regardless from week to week so adding 30s, maybe that means more 1 shots instead of 2-3, whoopidiedoo.

What it does allow is for some of those guilds that are solid, ones that don't stand in ****, don't taunt the wrong bosses, don't let their tanks die, don't get killed by mark of death, don't get knocked back into red circles.....basically the guilds that don't tunnel, but yet were just falling a lil short cuz they don't have the world's best dps, will now be able to beat it and IMO are just as deserving as the guilds that can power-dps their way through content (like us haha).

The best guilds had 2 weeks to prove their worth, I think 1 or 2 more weeks woulda been nice, but I'm happy with the end result....in hindsight, after seeing how easy it was for us to clear it a 2nd time....I probably woulda lobbied for a 15s increase rather than 30s, but I'm sure BW is done touching it now.

Again, this is the 2nd boss guys...Let's see how the TFB 'fix' is looking, maybe that one will be the new gut check.

Aerro
06.25.2013 , 03:34 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Krazy_Karl View Post
30 Seconds was to account for diversity of DPS. Bioware can't fix class balance so they went the direction we recommended.

/thread

Regards,
KK
So... 8man was nerfed and 16man pretty much stays the same. Nice.

The only issue people had was DPS requirements. Now that the requirements are a crap shoot, 16man has been majorly focused on mechanics. Guilds weren't struggling because of DPS but more so the heavy emphasis on mechanics in 16.

16 was definitely not a nerf unless there were guilds dying to enrage. Yeah, a few great attempts early on were to enrage because most groups weren't minmaxing their movements and group precision, but after doing so the 30sec timer added on to 16 doesn't matter.

Regardless, it is still Bioware catering to the complainers. The fight was not impossible and its supposed to be a part of the hardest operation in current content. I understand nerfing something that is completely gamebreaking (H Vizier in HoF?), but nerfing something that many guilds were downing!? Its principle at this point. Is this what we have to expect? They should just tell us tough luck since it is entirely possible and not as crazy as some people were making it out to be. We have what, a dozen total guilds who have cleared it now? Out of like 24 registered guilds? So out of the progression guilds, nearly half (if not half already) have downed it. Sounds like it should be nerfed to me. Just because a guild calls themselves a progression guild doesn't mean they are capable of downing content.
Arsenal DPS Guide
One of the leading Mercenaries in a World Progression Guild.

ancksunamur
06.25.2013 , 03:50 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerro View Post
Just because a guild calls themselves a progression guild doesn't mean they are capable of downing content.
That has to be the truest statement I've read on this forums in the 3 years I've been registered here
HMFiC of SuckaFish - Empire (The Bastion)

http://SuckaFish.enjin.com
50 Powertech: Donn

veyl
06.25.2013 , 08:46 PM | #29
Raiding in this game at its highest difficulty has always been at a casual level to complete it in under a month.

I don't see how anything in the future will be different.

Nerdcommando
06.26.2013 , 01:33 PM | #30
If this content level was meant only for those who like crazy difficulty levels than there wouldnt have been a gear incease with it. Just a title/mount reward for completing it under x minutes. Once gear gets involved it needs to be accessible for the less hardcore/better progression groups out there so they are not way behind the gear curve.

Also from a business standpoint I am not sure why you would comit the bulk of your content development to an extremely small percentage of players. I am not even sure 5% of those that are raiding (a much smaller group than those that dont) would have been able to down it at that difficulty level.
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy. - Steven Wright