Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Change Rest abilities and toys toggle or increase channel time to (near) infinite

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Change Rest abilities and toys toggle or increase channel time to (near) infinite

The_Raven_Lord
06.21.2013 , 02:47 PM | #12
Posting in support of this thread.

This change would be amazing for Roleplay and would enhance immersion by several orders of magnitude!
Currently in an Imperial rehabilitation facility receiving treatment for WoW addiction.

Terro_Fett
06.21.2013 , 04:09 PM | #13
Make out of combat healing abilities/items usable for a long period of time? YES PLEASE!
Deloth Vyrr - Progression Raid Leader
R E I G N
Sith Empire

Glower
06.25.2013 , 02:51 PM | #14
/signed

But at least make it all with 15 sec timer, not 10 (10sec Life Day Orb vs 15sec Remote Control Starship for example)
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Kuronan
06.25.2013 , 04:54 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Glower View Post
/signed

But at least make it all with 15 sec timer, not 10 (10sec Life Day Orb vs 15sec Remote Control Starship for example)
This thread is about making ALL 'rest' abilities possibly channel as long as the devs can program (which is 999 seconds)

Potentially, this could also extend to anything that doesn't directly affect combat as well... (maybe any channel ability, such as Force Storm or Suppressive Fire, has an unlimited channel outside of combat until it actually hits something?)
The Estimare Legacy
Silence to Evil is Compliance, Arguing and Fighting is Defiance, and I am as baneful an opponent as I am loyal a companion.
We, the roleplayers, need this.

Phorenzyk
06.25.2013 , 04:59 PM | #16
I support this. Seething is a fun way to pass the time while my assassin waits for respawn force fields to drop, and I feel it adds immersion - but it would add much more if I didn't have to reclick every 15 seconds.

BellaEva
06.25.2013 , 11:00 PM | #17
/signed

I totally agree with all of this. Especially for longer animations on the Kolto Tank, Holo disguise, and the Portable Relaxation Unit.

Stubacca
07.01.2013 , 07:42 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by BellaEva View Post
/signed

I totally agree with all of this. Especially for longer animations on the Kolto Tank, Holo disguise, and the Portable Relaxation Unit.
True! It's just ridiculous that there's a timer on such abilities at all.
Add Wookiees as playable species (solution to voice over problem: MT-D Miniaturized Translator Droid!
SUBSCRIPTION WON'T BE RENEWED due to the lasting lack of CHAT BUBBLES and how long-term subcribers are treated by EA/Bioware.

BellaEva
07.03.2013 , 01:14 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Stubacca View Post
True! It's just ridiculous that there's a timer on such abilities at all.
Since they break when entering combat anyhow, and the default cast length is already enough to completely fill your health bar, there's no unfair advantage here either. For that matter, the classes' default rest animations could be extended too. Jedi only meditate for 15s??

Stubacca
07.04.2013 , 11:06 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by BellaEva View Post
Since they break when entering combat anyhow, and the default cast length is already enough to completely fill your health bar, there's no unfair advantage here either. For that matter, the classes' default rest animations could be extended too. Jedi only meditate for 15s??
Yes, it doesn't make any sense. As the original post states, these need to be made 9999 seconds or infinite toggle abilities as well.
Add Wookiees as playable species (solution to voice over problem: MT-D Miniaturized Translator Droid!
SUBSCRIPTION WON'T BE RENEWED due to the lasting lack of CHAT BUBBLES and how long-term subcribers are treated by EA/Bioware.