Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BEWARE of Scammers!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TheBBP
06.25.2013 , 12:42 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by MSchuyler View Post
After which Vassise gets very upset, then TheBBP attempts to justify and prove his position, all leading to a little online cat fight for the amusement of us all. So let's look at this from a different perspective.

First of all, Vassise initially demonstrates that she is NOT "new to MMOs." In fact, just the opposite. What I read from her comment is that she expects this behavior and is not 'disappointed' to discover it has happened yet again. Now, her note is cynical, to be sure, and her "looooooooool" is gratuitous at best. Her note lends nothing to the discussion at all and is one of those we could have done without. Does she have the "right" to make it? Of course. Did it add to the discussion? Not even a little.

But here comes TheBBP trying to one-up Vassisse by making an equally vacuous and unnecessary comment that completely misreads Vassisse's position. His post has the sole purpose of elevating himself because he's one of these guys who "REALLY KNOWS" MMOs and he wants us all to know that. The problem is that it doesn't address Vassisse's note at all. If she had said, "Gee, I don't understand how this could have happened." then TheBBP's comment makes some sense. but that's the opposite of what Vassisse was saying, so it makes no sense at all. It's really kind of nonsensical.

Now Vassisse could have pointed this out by showing TheBBP wasn't making any kind of sense at all, but instead she takes it personally and just gets huffy. It's really a blown opportunity that results in them rolling around spitting and hissing for awhile.

Great job, guys!
That was fantastic! You are hired. When can you start?
REPUBLIC TROOPERS
Crosswire - Heavy GunnerElíta-one - Combat Medic
Canonball - Pointman

Ebon Hawk

Tatanka
06.25.2013 , 12:52 PM | #32
This has actually been around since beta and is still doable. It will likely be a bit more previlant with the server transfers and will hopefully get attention.

And posting details is against TOS, so don't even ask. I've provided details three times in the past two years (twice during beta), and it's still around. I'm certain I'm not the only one that has bugged it.
Leadership is a matter of intelligence, trustworthiness, humaneness, courage, and discipline...
Vanguard... "I'm on point!"

dscount
06.25.2013 , 01:12 PM | #33
Has ANYONE confirmed this is the case?

If you put your items up.. you don't click "Confirm" until they put credits or mats up and "Confirm" that you lose things?

If they change anything.. it removes your "Confirm" again.
Reference Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT (BW Details > HERE )
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

I'm not asking for much.... maybe some Cake too...

SlimsPicken
06.25.2013 , 01:15 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Vassise View Post
Doesnt surprise me that half the people in this thread are just bashing me personally
Doesnt surprise me either. You are a bad poster.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

Arlon_Nabarlly
06.25.2013 , 01:24 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Vassise View Post
Doesnt surprise me that half the people in this thread are just bashing me personally
Of course it doesn't, that's what you are trying to get people to do.......

DARN IT! SHE GOT ME AGAIN!!
Support Legacy Wide Datacrons
It's a secret to everybody:
54 68 65 20 31 34 31 20 31 35 36 20 31 36 33 20 31 36 37 20 31 34 35 20 31 36 32 20 69 73 20 30 30 31 31 30 31 30 30 30 30 31 31 30 30 31 30

TheBBP
06.25.2013 , 01:35 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by dscount View Post
Has ANYONE confirmed this is the case?

If you put your items up.. you don't click "Confirm" until they put credits or mats up and "Confirm" that you lose things?

If they change anything.. it removes your "Confirm" again.
I have tested it in game and have found trading to be as secure as ever. Not saying the OP is wrong or lying though. I can only speak for my experience.
REPUBLIC TROOPERS
Crosswire - Heavy GunnerElíta-one - Combat Medic
Canonball - Pointman

Ebon Hawk

dscount
06.25.2013 , 01:57 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
I have tested it in game and have found trading to be as secure as ever. Not saying the OP is wrong or lying though. I can only speak for my experience.
Same here. Couldn't get it to "not work" as mentioned. If you click the confirmed button then YES.. you are going to get ripped off before they put anything up.
Reference Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT (BW Details > HERE )
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

I'm not asking for much.... maybe some Cake too...

CommunityDroidEU
06.25.2013 , 02:31 PM | #38 This is the last staff post in this thread.  

Greetings,

Just a friendly reminder for all to try and stay on topic when posting replies to threads.

Vassise
06.25.2013 , 02:34 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by MSchuyler View Post
After which Vassise gets very upset, then TheBBP attempts to justify and prove his position, all leading to a little online cat fight for the amusement of us all. So let's look at this from a different perspective.

First of all, Vassise initially demonstrates that she is NOT "new to MMOs." In fact, just the opposite. What I read from her comment is that she expects this behavior and is not 'disappointed' to discover it has happened yet again. Now, her note is cynical, to be sure, and her "looooooooool" is gratuitous at best. Her note lends nothing to the discussion at all and is one of those we could have done without. Does she have the "right" to make it? Of course. Did it add to the discussion? Not even a little.

But here comes TheBBP trying to one-up Vassisse by making an equally vacuous and unnecessary comment that completely misreads Vassisse's position. His post has the sole purpose of elevating himself because he's one of these guys who "REALLY KNOWS" MMOs and he wants us all to know that. The problem is that it doesn't address Vassisse's note at all. If she had said, "Gee, I don't understand how this could have happened." then TheBBP's comment makes some sense. but that's the opposite of what Vassisse was saying, so it makes no sense at all. It's really kind of nonsensical.

Now Vassisse could have pointed this out by showing TheBBP wasn't making any kind of sense at all, but instead she takes it personally and just gets huffy. It's really a blown opportunity that results in them rolling around spitting and hissing for awhile.

Great job, guys!
I just made use of the report button But thank you for making that clear for everyone.

stephenalandavie
06.25.2013 , 02:49 PM | #40
Is this a bug??