Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pvp bolster not fixed. Hurry up Titan.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Pvp bolster not fixed. Hurry up Titan.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Gaucho
06.25.2013 , 11:08 AM | #1
Crafted Prototype (blue) and Artifact (purple) quality items are now identified properly and are no longer bolstered more than intended. Nope. Where do you get these developers and programmers Bioware?

Crafted Weapon, Ears, Implant and offhand still have advantage over hard-earned conqueror gear.

DarthOvertone
06.25.2013 , 11:16 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Gaucho View Post
Crafted Prototype (blue) and Artifact (purple) quality items are now identified properly and are no longer bolstered more than intended. Nope. Where do you get these developers and programmers Bioware?

Crafted Weapon, Ears, Implant and offhand still have advantage over hard-earned conqueror gear.
Yep. BW didn't fix squat. Maybe the one item they actually tested was fixed, but the other stuff is still the same.
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1 & S2-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Champion Alphafett - Mercenary
I See Your Schwartz Is As Big As Mine!

Skylancewalker
06.25.2013 , 11:20 AM | #3
Actually made me laugh pretty hard when I read this...were you really expecting them to get it right?

Pistols
06.25.2013 , 11:22 AM | #4
Sigh....

LetoAtreidesII
06.25.2013 , 11:25 AM | #5
This is why Bolster, at least the way they implemented it, is not a good idea. It'll take a year or so (already almost half a year) to fix the existing bugs, then when they introduce new gear or mechanics it'll create a whole new set of bugs, tricks, and loopholes that'll take a year to fix again.

The way Bolster should work is by overwriting ALL your stats with a fixed predetermined set of stats if you want it to instead of messing around with every mod in every slot (or just go back to the recruit set system cuz bolster hasn't changed anything in terms of leveling the playing field or helping new players play better in my experience). That approach is just inviting disaster, and its track record has proven just that.

Pistols
06.25.2013 , 11:29 AM | #6
For the sake of "Player Quality Assurance", and not relying on the "mathy guy", can we get a few screenshots to show this? Least in this way, we can see the issue and I will try and get Eric to respond.

Theagg
06.25.2013 , 11:49 AM | #7
Level 54 purple mainhand pistol still bolsters for more Primary and Bonus damage than Conqueror.

It's less of a boost than prior to this patch (now 23 more bonus damage approx over the Conqueror, whereas prior to 2.2.1 it was boosting for 70 or more damage.)

Haven't yet checked on the level 54 purple Rifle on my Vanguard to see if a similar reduction has occurred. Haven't checked implants either.

L-RANDLE
06.25.2013 , 11:51 AM | #8
Ears and implants were never an issue anyway. The only slight issues were with MH/OH of which I am more than sure they have nerfed. So yeah, its just like I said... The point if PVP gear is to attain gear without needing to craft or PvE. Bolster is the tool to even the playing field.
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

Brunner_Venda
06.25.2013 , 11:52 AM | #9
Lolbolster

funkiestj
06.25.2013 , 11:53 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Theagg View Post
Level 54 purple mainhand pistol still bolsters for more Primary and Bonus damage than Conqueror.

It's less of a boost than prior to this patch (now 23 more bonus damage approx over the Conqueror, whereas prior to 2.2.1 it was boosting for 70 or more damage.)

Haven't yet checked on the level 54 purple Rifle on my Vanguard to see if a similar reduction has occurred. Haven't checked implants either.
What is the expertise for each case? If the purple MH were to give you far less expertise damage boost and damage reduction then the Conqueror might still be better.

No PvE item should be better than the corresponding Partizan, much less Conqueror.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?