Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Horrid FPS

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

amirtimur
12.21.2011 , 11:13 PM | #1361
Quote: Originally Posted by starsybil View Post
For most people it seems like its just their gpu not being used. You could take a look at your gpu activity.
I bought a new graphics card (ati 6950) only for swtor, and im experiencing 5-15 frames because the gpu is rarely being used.
So while you could upgrade if you feel like your rig is not strong enough, i guess it would still be a kind of gamble if you end up with a rig that really runs the game smoothly
Indeed I agree. Same issue here, and it is not my cpu that is bottlenecking it. I have an i7 860 and it is not running near full load in the game.

KarlSmash
12.21.2011 , 11:13 PM | #1362
Quote: Originally Posted by starsybil View Post
For most people it seems like its just their gpu not being used. You could take a look at your gpu activity.
I bought a new graphics card (ati 6950) only for swtor, and im experiencing 5-15 frames because the gpu is rarely being used.
So while you could upgrade if you feel like your rig is not strong enough, i guess it would still be a kind of gamble if you end up with a rig that really runs the game smoothly
That's weird because I have a Radeon 6970 and I head my fan kick on all the time because it is being used all the time, I am getting constant fps of like 80 though which makes sense.

amirtimur
12.21.2011 , 11:15 PM | #1363
Quote: Originally Posted by KarlSmash View Post
That's weird because I have a Radeon 6970 and I head my fan kick on all the time because it is being used all the time, I am getting constant fps of like 80 though which makes sense.
it makes sense. That is the problem here. I run Bf3 on high/ultra and never dipps below 60. But on this game I range from 110-25 depending on situation and my gpu is only under say 50% load.

TheMarez
12.21.2011 , 11:17 PM | #1364
Quote: Originally Posted by amirtimur View Post
it makes sense. That is the problem here. I run Bf3 on high/ultra and never dipps below 60. But on this game I range from 110-25 depending on situation and my gpu is only under say 50% load.
What card do you have?

This game isn't using my processor either (in addition to not using the card).. its topping out at 80% usage.

Moddim
12.21.2011 , 11:18 PM | #1365
When I avg 60-75 in a 25 man raid in WoW on high settings and the same in AV 40 vs 40, yet in this game in a small BG "warzone" with everything on Low i cant get 20 fps??? ***, and yes ive tried the suggestions and they helped by like 5 fps.

amirtimur
12.21.2011 , 11:19 PM | #1366
Quote: Originally Posted by TheMarez View Post
What card do you have?

This game isn't using my processor either.. its topping out at 80% usage.
I have a gtx 580 platinum edition so it should really be enough for this game. But as I said before, I am not alone with this problem.

Smaois
12.21.2011 , 11:21 PM | #1367 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings All,

Thank you for all of the valuable information that you have provided.

We are currently investigating this issue and we hope to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and we appreciate your patience with this issue.

Smaois | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

DeltaDawg
12.21.2011 , 11:22 PM | #1368
Quote: Originally Posted by N5-L1 View Post
Greetings All,

We are currently investigating this issue and we hope to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and we appreciate your patience with this issue.
Thank you!
DeltaDawg
<FTW>

starsybil
12.21.2011 , 11:22 PM | #1369
Quote: Originally Posted by KarlSmash View Post
Yeah thats the prob with the game atm, if i compare the gpu activity with other games (skyrim 90%, witcher 2 95%~) swtor only uses it 20% for the most part, in my spaceship i get 80% and 100fps. but it seems to affect nvidia cards too, so it doesnt seem to be an ati only problem. it just affects some rigs, others not

amirtimur
12.21.2011 , 11:23 PM | #1370
Quote: Originally Posted by N5-L1 View Post
Greetings All,

omg!!!