Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remember that Free Name Change? I do... heh.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Remember that Free Name Change? I do... heh.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JaceMatai
06.23.2013 , 06:07 PM | #1
Can we get word on when this is coming? First it was 2.1, then 2.2, then sometime in June. It's June 23rd, time's almost up, Bioware.

Skodan
06.23.2013 , 06:17 PM | #2
when its july 1st you can complain
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

ObiJuanShenobi
06.23.2013 , 06:28 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by JaceMatai View Post
Can we get word on when this is coming? First it was 2.1, then 2.2, then sometime in June. It's June 23rd, time's almost up, Bioware.
You can buy it in the Cartel Market. Solved.

/endthread
The Lightstrider Legacy

Darth Crucious I Darth Imperius I Master Darkstrider I Master Liam Lightstrider I Captain Evie Lightstrider I Agent Morran Lightstrider I Major Tanken I Nikro, Hired Gun

Feztonio
06.23.2013 , 06:44 PM | #4
June 2018 or spend 1000 Cartel Coins.. yes log in your credit card information folks, just put them little 16 digits into the box and click the sweet little glowy "Add More Cartel Coins" box. Only 1000 Cartel Coins for a brand spankin new name!!!!! be the first on your block... they're so cheap you might as well buy a dozen !!!
Quote:
"First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to ALL game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge." -Jeff Hickman - Executive Producer - Star Wars: The Old Republic

spectreclees
06.23.2013 , 08:22 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ObiJuanShenobi View Post
You can buy it in the Cartel Market. Solved.

/endthread
FREE. I know EA giving some out for free is hard to believe but they did state that Free name changes will be given to players sometime in June. Don't be an ignorant fool.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...89#post6404289

Baron_Blackhack
06.23.2013 , 09:09 PM | #6
Free name change and almost all the names you can think off are taken.. so it's not going to be quite ok IMHO.

I'd rather them have new things rather than name change.

Delta_V
06.23.2013 , 09:47 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by spectreclees View Post
FREE. I know EA giving some out for free is hard to believe but they did state that Free name changes will be given to players sometime in June. Don't be an ignorant fool.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...89#post6404289
Yeah, funny, here I was thinking promises were actually supposed to mean something.

Silly me, I guess.

TrillOG-
06.23.2013 , 11:17 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Delta_V View Post
Yeah, funny, here I was thinking promises were actually supposed to mean something.

Silly me, I guess.
How could you ever think such a thing? jeez...

Lyshar
06.23.2013 , 11:35 PM | #9
I think they still haven't worked out how they want to do it.

I suggested to them to just give 1000 CC instead, so those that want it can get it themselves (and those that want to spend it on something else can do that). It would save them the trouble of distributing 1 rename to each account as it would save them a lot of effort.

It's already been delayed once, can happen a lot more often still. And they probably chose to forget about it altogether.

Also, the page has been overwritten I believe as it used to be on the 2.1 game update page? Which was ninja edited to say it'd come in June and is since replaced by the 2.2 announcement. But they still have almost a week, don't think they'll keep their word though.

If they fail to deliver I'll just send in a ticket out of principle and again suggest they give 1000 CC instead, I suggest everyone does that in July. Maybe then they'll wake up at the office somewhere, however doubtful.

shonenjumpstyle
06.23.2013 , 11:51 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyshar View Post
I think they still haven't worked out how they want to do it.

I suggested to them to just give 1000 CC instead, so those that want it can get it themselves (and those that want to spend it on something else can do that). It would save them the trouble of distributing 1 rename to each account as it would save them a lot of effort.

It's already been delayed once, can happen a lot more often still. And they probably chose to forget about it altogether.

Also, the page has been overwritten I believe as it used to be on the 2.1 game update page? Which was ninja edited to say it'd come in June and is since replaced by the 2.2 announcement. But they still have almost a week, don't think they'll keep their word though.

If they fail to deliver I'll just send in a ticket out of principle and again suggest they give 1000 CC instead, I suggest everyone does that in July. Maybe then they'll wake up at the office somewhere, however doubtful.
Even though it's been delayed before, the function wasn't available in game back then. Although I would prefer the thousand Cartel Coins over the name change. Which they should do instead of giving us a free name change because I spend a lot of time coming up with cool names. >_<