Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gilided Flutterplume & Crested Orokeet

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Gilided Flutterplume & Crested Orokeet
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rankyn
06.23.2013 , 08:35 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadza View Post
Any news on the Crested Orokeet yet? (This is the only reason I checked this post in the first place.)
Literally 3 posts above yours is an official post from two days ago saying that Target does not yet have the cards in stock.

Zaella
06.23.2013 , 08:38 PM | #92
I got the artic Lynx from Best Buy. You get your printed receipt from their in store kiosk (its located in the games section). You have to search for cartel coins, click on the button and then take the receipt to the cash register. For those who have gotten theirs from Gamestop, how did you get it? Did you have to go to the cash register and ask? Will they even know what you are talking about? I asked the guy at Best Buy and he didn't:

Rhesus_TOR
06.23.2013 , 08:42 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by DamionSchubert View Post
Current Status:
Best Buy. You need to find a Best Buy with a Pre-order Kiosk. On that Kiosk, search for "Star Wars Old Republic" and you should see a 2400 cartel coin offering. Print a receipt, take it to the register, and they will print out a code for you. There are no physical cards, but I have verified this works personally.
I can verify from personal experience that NOT ALL Best Buy stores have the same software/databases on their pre-order kiosks. Of the 3 Best Buys local to my area, exactly 2 of them had the cartel items. The third, and oddly enough, the most heavily trafficked of the 3 Best Buys did NOT have the cartel items on their pre-order kiosks.
Quod Erat Demonstrandum baby!

Rankyn
06.23.2013 , 08:42 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaella View Post
I got the artic Lynx from Best Buy. You get your printed receipt from their in store kiosk (its located in the games section). You have to search for cartel coins, click on the button and then take the receipt to the cash register. For those who have gotten theirs from Gamestop, how did you get it? Did you have to go to the cash register and ask? Will they even know what you are talking about? I asked the guy at Best Buy and he didn't:
At GameStop you have to ask them to search for some combination of "TOR" "2400" and "Cartel"
They are not listed by "The Old Republic" in their system and that will only return a 60 day time card.

At Best Buy they can look them up for you as well, but they MUST look them up as a pre-order or they will not find them in their system.

KarmaForce
06.24.2013 , 07:10 AM | #95
What is all this stuff???? Are the pets free if you ask odd questions at store? Do I have to buy something? Am I just buying the pet? Is the pet a bonus for getting off my butt and driving to the store to purchase something I can easily do at home? What is the point of all this?

Screaming_Ziva
06.24.2013 , 07:50 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by KarmaForce View Post
Is the pet a bonus for getting off my butt and driving to the store to purchase something I can easily do at home? What is the point of all this?
Basically, yes. The pets are included to introduce foot traffic into stores. Yes, you can buy 2,400 cartel coins online directly from the store but, if you come into our store (Best Buy, Wal-Mart, etc) and buy those 2,400 cartel coins, you'll also get a free pet with them.

KarmaForce
06.24.2013 , 07:55 AM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
Basically, yes. The pets are included to introduce foot traffic into stores. Yes, you can buy 2,400 cartel coins online directly from the store but, if you come into our store (Best Buy, Wal-Mart, etc) and buy those 2,400 cartel coins, you'll also get a free pet with them.
Sounds good, and it's a very reasonable ammount to have to purchase. Also, lets me stop for sushi since ill be in the area. It's a win win

godshands
06.24.2013 , 08:59 AM | #98
Bought 2 codes at GameStop in middletown ny without a hitch. Receipt had printed instructions but the process would have been easy without them.

Thanks for getting this right!

TaylaEwa
06.24.2013 , 09:04 AM | #99
Which pet do the Game Stop and Best Buy codes come with? The Gilded Flutterplume?
"Think, then act. Don't act, then think."

<<Order 65 on Harbinger>>

DamionSchubert
06.24.2013 , 09:15 AM | #100 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadza View Post
A Toys R Us employee informed me they wouldn't be carrying any cards associated with PC games anymore and that I would have to look elsewhere for the newer titles. They had remved their remaining stock to the clearance section (although still at full price).
As far as I know of, we have never had plans to put these into Toys R Us. We do have another vendor that we will be announcing 'soon'.
SWTOR Lead Designer